• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

Expectation: People will be mad/disappointed by something even if we get a mind blowing trailer full of content and awesome things to enjoy in the games.
"Game freak lazy"
"Game footage was final it doesn't look 'drastically' different"
"Spin off"

Realistic hopes: Our main objective revealed outside of catching there has to be something else.
Unrealistic hopes: We actually get such a good trailer that the fanbase doesn't attack the devs

Expectations:
-A breakdown of the game's mechanics.
-An introduction to some NPC's we'll meet.
-A bit more on the story of Legends: Arceus.

Hopes:
-Some more info on our objectives through the game. There's gotta be more than catching.
-Some exciting surprise the fandom didn't expect from this game.

Unrealistic Hopes:
-Some new form for the Cyndaquil, Oshawott, and Rowlet lines.

Expectations:
-More fleshed-out world
-Introduction to some NPCs
-Mechanics explained (battle, ride, etc.)

Hopes:
-Overall improvement
-A few minutes of gameplay

Unrealistic Hopes:
-Demo announcement

Expectations:
  • More detailed world
  • A bit of the soundtrack playing
  • Stuff like mechanics/hub/ect. explained in a bit more detaile

Hopes:
  • Graphical improvement
  • A gameplay trailer or overview
  • Pokemon-Amie styled system
  • Side quests or another goal outside of the Pokedex

Unrealistic hopes:
  • NPCs in the world
  • Pokemon reacting to your actions or at least to other Pokemon getting caught

Expectations:
-a short trailer of BDSP showing off some slight visual improvements, confirmation that gen 5-8 pokemon will show up in sinnoh (because of the "you'll find pokemon you didn't encounter in the original sinnoh" line in the press release)
Which press release? It wasn't mentioned in February or May, and I haven't seen a more recent one. Legends is the game for which something like that was said in February.

Expectations:
  • gameplay breakdown of Legends Arceus. Maybe it will go more into the catching mechanic, maybe it will show off if there is any transition into battles or if you really just throw out your Pokemon and battle.
    • A brief tour of the main village will be included here. It would basically just show off how this village acts as a hub world since that's kind of how they made it sound like in the original trailer
  • An introduction of a couple of important NPCs. Just who they are and what they do.
  • Details on how we are helping the professor building the first Pokedex. Are we just exploring and catching Pokemon? Or do we have to do a little more?
Realistic Hopes
  • If the game has another goal, then it will either be shown off or at least hinted at here.
  • Seeing more Pokemon other than the ones that are already in the Sinnoh dex. I am sure this game will feature more than just the pokemon we already know are in Sinnoh. After all, we did see Spheal in the reveal trailer
  • A hint at the story.
Unrealistic Hopes
  • Introduction of new forms for old Pokemon or new Pokemon in general. Whether it's Sinnohan forms or ancient forms, I could easily see them doing this, but then again GF doesn't like to do the obvious, that's why I'm filing his under an unrealistic hope.
    • new forms/evolutions for the starter Pokemon. (This is just more of a general hope and less for the Presents itself. I think if they did do this they wouldn't show it off until either right before the game came out, or until after.

Expectation: People will be mad/disappointed by something even if we get a mind blowing trailer full of content and awesome things to enjoy in the games.
"Game freak lazy"
"Game footage was final it doesn't look 'drastically' different"
"Spin off"

Realistic hopes: Our main objective revealed outside of catching there has to be something else.
Unrealistic hopes: We actually get such a good trailer that the fanbase doesn't attack the devs

As much as I love the fandom, seriously screw it sometimes. Perhaps this is what happens when you define someone's childhood.

Really excited to hear/see more info for the game! I know the focus with be on BD/SP, but I hope they spare a sizable portion for Arceus, which IMO, is far more exciting.

So... tomorrow we have a Pokemon Presents... I just hope they give us more info about this amazing game.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom