• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

Everyone is assuming it's an evolution of our existing Lilligant when there’s one important thing everyone seems to be forgetting: Lilligant evolves from Petilil using a Sun Stone.

Never have I seen a Pokémon that evolves from an evolutionary stone evolve again (not counting Mega Evolution which was scrapped). Unless they start doing it for multiple Pokémon in this game and actually give us something like Gorochu or something else, it would be very awkward to start breaking this rule for just a single evolutionary line that doesn’t really fit Sinnoh as-is.

If it does turn out to be related to Petilil’s evolutionary line, then I think there’s two more likely options:
  1. Petilil itself gets a split evolution. Given its evolution is already lady-like, giving Petilil another ladylike evolution would just be redundant.
  2. We have a Hisuian Petilil that evolves into a Hisuian Lilligant through level up, who may or may not evolve again. Just because Kleavor and Wyrdeer seem to be normal cross-gen evolutions doesn’t mean we can’t have regional evolutions alongside them. In the case Hisuian Lilligant doesn’t evolve, who’s to say that regional variants can’t be Noble Pokémon on their own merits?
I could be wrong but I still highly doubt that the Arezu’s Noble Pokémon would evolve from regular Lilligant. If it ends up happening, then they better cough up Gorochu or at least not make it the only stone Evo that gets this treatment in Legends: Arceus.

Also notable is that the Kleavor and Wyrdeer bracelets both have little colored bits to match the pearls on Wyrdeer and the stone on top of Kleavor's head- Arezu's looks like it might also have something similar in pink? It's hard to make out from the wood coloring.
It’s clear now that the bracelets’ bands are the main color of the Pokémon’s body. Wyrdeer white and Kleavor khaki.
Oh damn, I thought the colors were tied to their type, but you're actually right--

e1WFoKv.png

Turns out, Iscan's isn't blue like I thought, it's Basculegion green.
This itself is a pretty interesting observation. Maybe we should take a closer look at the scenes and artwork of Arezu we have to get a more proper assessment of the Pokémon possible identity.

Everyone is assuming it's an evolution of our existing Lilligant when there’s one important thing everyone seems to be forgetting: Lilligant evolves from Petilil using a Sun Stone.

Never have I seen a Pokémon that evolves from an evolutionary stone evolve again (not counting Mega Evolution which was scrapped). Unless they start doing it for multiple Pokémon in this game and actually give us something like Gorochu or something else, it would be very awkward to start breaking this rule for just a single evolutionary line that doesn’t really fit Sinnoh as-is.

If it does turn out to be related to Petilil’s evolutionary line, then I think there’s two more likely options:
  1. Petilil itself gets a split evolution. Given its evolution is already lady-like, giving Petilil another ladylike evolution would just be redundant.
  2. We have a Hisuian Petilil that evolves into a Hisuian Lilligant through level up, who may or may not evolve again. Just because Kleavor and Wyrdeer seem to be normal cross-gen evolutions doesn’t mean we can’t have regional evolutions alongside them. In the case Hisuian Lilligant doesn’t evolve, who’s to say that regional variants can’t be Noble Pokémon on their own merits?
I could be wrong but I still highly doubt that the Arezu’s Noble Pokémon would evolve from regular Lilligant. If it ends up happening, then they better cough up Gorochu or at least not make it the only stone Evo that gets this treatment in Legends: Arceus.

This itself is a pretty interesting observation. Maybe we should take a closer look at the scenes and artwork of Arezu we have to get a more proper assessment of the Pokémon possible identity.
Well...
Porygon uses two evolution items to evolve to Porygon-Z.
Happiny evolves while holding an Oval Stone, and then by happiness to become Blissey.
It'd be a first for evo stones, but a pokemon using an evolution item and then proceeding to evolve again has been done before.

That said- Kleavor doesn't evolve from Scizor, so yeah, could just as likely be a split evo for Petilil. As lady-like as Lilligant already is, they could still do something different with it- such as give it some proper legs, or base it on a different plant or era of fashion or something along those lines.

There's also the fact that a large number of Grass-types are stone evos, so like this goes for Ludicolo and Shiftry as well.

Scyther has split evos both based on cutting, so Petilil could have two evos based on feminine flowers. A lilac evolution this time? I don’t see a regional variant since the bracelet is already Lilligant color.

Still going for a Lotad variant though! I just love Lotad though, and have wanted a Lotus flower form since regional variants started. Haha

Still going for a Lotad variant though! I just love Lotad though, and have wanted a Lotus flower form since regional variants started. Haha
Wow, if they give Lotad/Lombre a split evo, then they likely will for Seedot/Nuzleaf too. This reminds me I always had wanted Lampent a split evo, like a pure fire Chandelier with Levitate.

Wow, if they give Lotad/Lombre a split evo, then they likely will for Seedot/Nuzleaf too. This reminds me I always had wanted Lampent a split evo, like a pure fire Chandelier with Levitate.
About as likely as giving Butterfree and Slowking a mega evolution, though.

Also realized one big hole in the vote for Lotad/Lombre getting a new evo- if the wardens/nobles are anything like gyms and we can expect them to not repeat types, then the Lotad line's primary type is Water, not Grass. We already have Basculegion. =/

Not to say that it couldn't get one, but it wouldn't be Arezu's.

About as likely as giving Butterfree and Slowking a mega evolution, though.

Also realized one big hole in the vote for Lotad/Lombre getting a new evo- if the wardens/nobles are anything like gyms and we can expect them to not repeat types, then the Lotad line's primary type is Water, not Grass. We already have Basculegion. =/

Not to say that it couldn't get one, but it wouldn't be Arezu's.
For my idea, a Hisuian Lotad would be Grass only (or Grass/Fairy) and become a new Grass/Fairy. Kinda like Galarian Slowpoke losing its water type but not changing a whole lot to justify it. Haha

For my idea, a Hisuian Lotad would be Grass only (or Grass/Fairy) and become a new Grass/Fairy. Kinda like Galarian Slowpoke losing its water type but not changing a whole lot to justify it. Haha
That'd be cute, I think? XD Hopefully- I don't hate Ludicolo but I'd love to see Lotad not evolve into a dancing pineapple.

Are we really categorizing Kleavor as a split evo of Scyther? I mean technically, if there is no way to evolve Scyther into Scizor in Hisui, then its not really a split. I think it should be called something else, like a regional evolution or something, that way Stantler and Basculin would fall under that category, too.

Are we really categorizing Kleavor as a split evo of Scyther? I mean technically, if there is no way to evolve Scyther into Scizor in Hisui, then its not really a split. I think it should be called something else, like a regional evolution or something, that way Stantler and Basculin would fall under that category, too.
Regional evolution is a term already, for some of the new evos in SwSh. I don’t think it’s really accurate to say that it’s not a split if there’s no way to evolve it in one game- you couldn’t evolve Eevee into Umbreon/Espeon in FRLG, but they were still part of the Eevee line.

Regional evolution is a term already, for some of the new evos in SwSh. I don’t think it’s really accurate to say that it’s not a split if there’s no way to evolve it in one game- you couldn’t evolve Eevee into Umbreon/Espeon in FRLG, but they were still part of the Eevee line.
If we're inventing a term, we might call Kleavor a "past split," unless Scizor didn't exist in the past.

I think it's basically a split evo, yeah. Or alternate evo. It's a new branch in the Scyther evolution line, that's where the "split" comes in. Said branch may be more complicated than just using a different stone, but it's a branch nonetheless.

We also don't know how any of these new evos evolve, really, there may just be new items involved that we could potentially find again in later games.

I think it's basically a split evo, yeah. Or alternate evo. It's a new branch in the Scyther evolution line, that's where the "split" comes in. Said branch may be more complicated than just using a different stone, but it's a branch nonetheless.

We also don't know how any of these new evos evolve, really, there may just be new items involved that we could potentially find again in later games.
Kleavor exists because of minerals found in Hisui. Is this mineral possibly like an evolving stone? New items are pretty likely, IMO.

Kleavor exists because of minerals found in Hisui. Is this mineral possibly like an evolving stone? New items are pretty likely, IMO.

Could be! We've already seen a bunch of new items due to the crafting system they've implemented, so it'll be interesting all the things we can pick up and whether or not any of them are tied to evolution.

I'm so hyped that when the Batman movie comes out in theaters next March, BDSP and LA will both have been out, Only thing for me to wait for to kill time is next week is the last episode of Titans season 3, and the Injustice movie coming out. Rest of November is gonna be boring...

Rest of November is gonna be boring...
Not for me. If you play Rocket League, Season 5 would have come out. Forza Horizon 5 is coming out on the 9th as well. Pokémon related, Fusion Strike is the next TCG expansion, and it comes on the 19th (I think). There are rumors of a Legends: Arceus set as well, perhaps coming in February or so.

This Thursday it'll be 100 days till Legends. Do you think we can expect any news?

I think it's more likely to be Tuesday, since that's exactly one month before BDSP. Either way is fine for me, as long as we got some news soon.
I just love finding out about new Pokémon... and the Kleavor reveal was a big surprise. I'm hoping for more news/reveals very soon.

Also, I've heard rumors of a Legends: Arceus TCG set. I'm a big TCG fan, and am excited by this news. Do you guys think something like this is likely?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom