• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

I just watched the video like, just now. I am VERY excited for the Diamond and Pearl Remakes. Have not played Sinnoh in YEARS.

To me, it seems like this will be the Breath of the Wild style game that a lot of people want. The fact that you just throw balls at Pokemon without battling them is an interesting design choise. Also, I find it odd that the Starter options will be Rowlet, Cyndaquil, and Oshawott. All three are starters from different regions.

Last edited:
Wow, I definitely did not see this one coming at all!

It sounds like it's going to not only dive much deeper into Sinnoh's history, but with the setting in the past I think it really has the potential to be an amazing new take on a Pokemon adventure, maybe more geared towards things like researching & "catching 'em all" rather than just another spin on the status quo storyline.

I am definitely excited for this!!!

Wow, I definitely did not see this one coming at all!

It sounds like it's going to not only dive much deeper into Sinnoh's history, but with the setting in the past I think it really has the potential to be an amazing new take on a Pokemon adventure, maybe more geared towards things like researching & "catching 'em all" rather than just another spin on the status quo storyline.

I am definitely excited for this!!!
Even the pokeballs are different!

When I saw BDSP, I genuinely thought, "wow, they copped out, outsourced their game, and have nothing to show for it, Game Freak got us good".

Then I saw Legends Arceus.

BRUH.

This game looks PHENOMENAL.

I'm still not happy about the cheap-looking chibi artstyle, outsourced lazy game that is BDSP, BUT, they'll hold me off for about 6 months while I wait for Legends Arceus to come out. I won't even buy both remakes, I'll just buy one and enjoy it for what it is, but holy I can see myself putting in HUNDREDS of hours in Legends Arceus.

I seem to be the only one who's not as excited for this. Framerates are non-existent, protagonists are just Dawn and Lucas but X-amount of years ago, Pokéball just has a small mechanism on it and we get three other Starters for no reason. (Why fix that what has never been broken?)

On the other hand, seems to be Arceus-centered and it's a sequel, so hopefully it can provide more to the lore of Sinnoh at least and give Arceus some limelight.

I'll reserve an opinion until we have some more information. The premise is promising though.

I do wonder about the choice of Rowlet, Cyndaquil, and Oshawott as starters. They are an odd trio to select from. Might go with Rowlet since of the three, I have not used Rowlet.

Way out of left field. Lucas and Dawn having identical looking ancestors is just hilariously lazy, but in the way that's too amusing to hate outright. And the concept itself is good enough that really, it's only a minor nitpick. Interested in seeing where this one goes.

Also is that a regional (temporal?) variant of Rhyhorn I see, or is that just the lighting making them look light blue?

I honestly can't believe my eyes with this game. Open world Sinnoh? What kind of spacetime shenanigans did Team Galactic wreak that made a universe where this game is a reality? My hype is at 11 right now.

This game looks like it can go all out and do things that the original games couldn't. For one, I think we'll see Pokemon that weren't originally in the Sinnoh Dex. We already see cross gen evos and new starters, so they could throw in whatever they feel like it. Any of the almost 900 Pokemon may be on the table here.

I've always wanted to see more of ancient Poké-Japan ever since that episode of Generations teased it. Legends looks really good and the idea of putting together the first ever PokéDex is really interesting. Definitely going to get it. :)

Since Sinnoh is based on Hokkaido, I do wonder if this ancient prequel will touch on the Ainu at all...probably not since that's a sensitive issue. :unsure:

Please note: The thread is from 11 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom