• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

And how is a multi-part time travel arc a bad thing? If need be, they could have the characters go back and forth with the excuse of making sure they don't mess up the present.
I hope that happens.
Journey needs to go to Sinnoh and show us Dawn. Maybe she will wear the clothes from the game.

I was just thinking. How will online trading/battling function in these games?

Since technology isn't advanced enough I wonder how it'll work, maybe they'll have Dialga/Palkia using their powers to send Pokemon through portals to other players games?

Maybe online battles will happen through the distortion world?

I don't think they need to work too hard to justify it - like the suggestion someone else made of the PC box being a ranch or something where your Pokémon hang out. Just gotta' come up with a low-tech "equivalent." Maybe there's like a temple or commune or something where people "come together" and that's where the Wi-Fi stuff is, they just don't mention the technical stuff. ("Here, you can interact with Traniers from far away! Press Y to connect to the Internet and see who's come to visit your town!")

But what would make me laugh is a goofy shaman sort of character who invokes what they think are "spirits" but are actually other players on the Internet, and acts as a medium between you and them.

So, apparently, if you have no Pokémon on you, you can get attacked.

And the battle ends if the MC takes a certain amount of damage.

You can actually throw hands at Arceus. Like, your own goddamn hands.
Can you beat Pokemon legends: Arceus without catching a single pokemon/using pokemon in battle?
And how would you store your Pokémon? There's no way PCs were a thing back then. You would need to time travel to the future.
Maybe they could stay at your base?

I found a YouTube comment that explains the starter choices:
Screenshot_20210226-223013.png

And how would you store your Pokémon? There's no way PCs were a thing back then. You would need to time travel to the future.

In the presentation, it states that the village is your base, so perhaps your Pokemon are kept in the village. Maybe you have a home where you can keep your Pokemon, or maybe the Professor keeps track of your Pokemon for you. I guess if that's how it works it will mean that you have to go back home to swap out your Pokemon. Maybe if they do this they'll have a ride Pokemon you can call to quickly travel back home and between landmarks you have discovered.

In the presentation, it states that the village is your base, so perhaps your Pokemon are kept in the village. Maybe you have a home where you can keep your Pokemon, or maybe the Professor keeps track of your Pokemon for you. I guess if that's how it works it will mean that you have to go back home to swap out your Pokemon. Maybe if they do this they'll have a ride Pokemon you can call to quickly travel back home and between landmarks you have discovered.

Oh there most definitely will have to be a fast travel mechanic of some kind. Open world games are too big for you to get by without one. I imagine whatever they do for fast travel (probably a Pokemon), that element might come to take your Pokemon back to the village if you have 6 Pokemon on your team already.

I was just thinking if they had included Torchic or Fennekin for the fire starter then the starters would have been made up entirely of my first picks from each of their gens.

(I went with Chikorita over Cyndaquil)

That said I kinda feel like my choice is between Oshawott and Cyndaquil because gen 7 still feels too recent to pick up Rowlet again.

Ironically, you made me just realize that the three starters for this game have been my last choices in each of their games.

I chose Totodile in SoulSiver, and then Chikorita in Crystal for 3DS. I'm thinking of playing Gold next, and will likely choose Cyndaquil.

I used Snivy for Black, then Tepig for White, and it wasn't until Black 2 that I chose Oshawott.

I played Popplio in Sun, then Litten in Ultra Moon. Now I'm currently playing Ultra Sun, and chose Rowlet.

I was just thinking. How will online trading/battling function in these games?

Since technology isn't advanced enough I wonder how it'll work, maybe they'll have Dialga/Palkia using their powers to send Pokemon through portals to other players games?

Maybe online battles will happen through the distortion world?
I've seen somewhere on twitter that this is a single player game.

This looks so good and different.

I don't know if in the end will be what I like but kudos to Gamefreak to try to change something,

The starter choice makes sense Rowlet is the archer, Oshawott is the Swordsman and Cyndaquil.... Well Cyndaquil I think he means Bombs, cannons? Explosions? I don't know why Cyndaquil is there but fine by me.

I guess we wll have the main quest, secondary quests and maybe faction quests or something like that and even we may have different edings, let's see how Trainer battles are implemented here.

By the way this is the firts main game where Pokemon are going to beat the holly hell out of the trainer, that's good.

We are having remakes and Prequels in less than a year. Amazing 2022 can come soon enough.

You know, I'm starting to wonder if this game was meant for this year and got delayed because of COVID. It is strange that they're releasing it in Early 2022 when what, the last 6 games in a row have been in October/November? This game seems like it was meant to be the big 25th anniversary game with BDSP being an appetizer, so maybe they originally intended for BDSP to be released early this year and LA in October/November?

My favourite Grass and Fire starters are Rowlet and Cyndaquil, respectively. My favourite Water starter was Oshawott for a while, before Sobble came along. In Alola, I assembled an "ultimate team" which included Decidueye, Typhlosion and Samurott. I even did a couple of Alola playthroughs where Rowlet, Cyndaquil and Oshawott were all on my team right from the beginning.

And now these are the three starters in a new game? It's like someone read my mind, and made a game especially for me! Typhlosion is my #1 favourite Pokemon so I'll be choosing Cyndaquil the first time, but having Rowlet and Oshawott as my other two options will make this game incredibly fun to replay.

Did anyone else notice how, in the cutscene where you choose your starter, Cyndaquil's flames are lit in what appears to be its idle animation? I won't get my hopes up too much just yet - it could just be for that cutscene. But if Cyndaquil, Quilava and Typhlosion got their flames back in their idle animations I'd be overjoyed.

Last edited:
You know, I'm starting to wonder if this game was meant for this year and got delayed because of COVID. It is strange that they're releasing it in Early 2022 when what, the last 6 games in a row have been in October/November? This game seems like it was meant to be the big 25th anniversary game with BDSP being an appetizer, so maybe they originally intended for BDSP to be released early this year and LA in October/November?
Then where would you put the release dates of BDSP? I think it was planned like that from get-go because there are several talks about a new switch system that might come out next year and a new pokemon game to promote it is the best way for the Nintendo

EvKzj7mVIAAJiTE
Per the official website it's apparently made of wood. Wonder if there'll be Apricorn plants scattered throughout the overworld which you can harvest in order to make Pokeballs. Maybe we'll even see a crafting system of some sort.

Okay, I analyzed the light-blue Rhyhorn from the trailer a little more. There's definitely something going on here that isn't the lighting. I ruled out it being a shiny since its coloration isn't right (though they did change Combusken's shiny in SwSh), which made think "What do we know about Sinnoh that's also related to the color blue?" and led me to one of the most obvious conclusions that hasn't really been followed up on in the games:

The concept of Aura.

That's right folks; I think the Aura that Lucario uses and has been barely touched upon in the games (but is present in other media) might be playing a role here in Pokémon Legends: Arceus. Whether said role is big or small remains to be seen, but I think having such mystical powers be present and expanded upon makes sense for a game that takes place in the past more than it would in modern times.

I found a YouTube comment that explains the starter choices:
View attachment 140329
There's also this tweet
Which kind of makes more sense considering it's probably the 1800s.
Then where would you put the release dates of BDSP? I think it was planned like that from get-go because there are several talks about a new switch system that might come out next year and a new pokemon game to promote it is the best way for the Nintendo
Late 2020?

Okay, I analyzed the light-blue Rhyhorn from the trailer a little more. There's definitely something going on here that isn't the lighting. I ruled out it being a shiny since its coloration isn't right (though they did change Combusken's shiny in SwSh), which made think "What do we know about Sinnoh that's also related to the color blue?" and led me to one of the most obvious conclusions that hasn't really been followed up on in the games:

The concept of Aura.

That's right folks; I think the Aura that Lucario uses and has been barely touched upon in the games (but is present in other media) might be playing a role here in Pokémon Legends: Arceus. Whether said role is big or small remains to be seen, but I think having such mystical powers be present and expanded upon makes sense for a game that takes place in the past more than it would in modern times.
I personally thought it could be an Ice type regional form, but we'll see.

Please note: The thread is from 11 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom