• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

It's way too early, though, the game's only a month old. They want people buying the game now, not waiting a couple months for the DLC to come out.
Why would you wait for DLC to buy the game? You need the game first and usually to have made a certain amount of progress in it before you can even access DLC. If anything, a DLC announcement now would push sales, not delay them.

Why would you wait for DLC to buy the game? You need the game first and usually to have made a certain amount of progress in it before you can even access DLC. If anything, a DLC announcement now would push sales, not delay them.
More than once I've waited until all the DLC is out for a game before buying it. I find it annoying to go back to a game I've already finished for ten more hours of content months down the line. This is part of why I skipped out on games like Skyrim, Fallout 4, and The Outer Worlds on release. I make an exception for Pokemon games, but in general those are my playing habits. I like being able to have everything in one go. I'm sure I'm not alone.

Eh... it's Pokemon Day week, so a DLC announcement around now wouldn't be weird. More likely on Pokemon Day itself, though.
I wouldn't really say an announcement is all that likely on Pokemon Day considering it falls on a Sunday this year. If there's any announcement at this point, it'd have to be this upcoming Friday/Monday.

More than once I've waited until all the DLC is out for a game before buying it. I find it annoying to go back to a game I've already finished for ten more hours of content months down the line. This is part of why I skipped out on games like Skyrim, Fallout 4, and The Outer Worlds on release. I make an exception for Pokemon games, but in general those are my playing habits. I like being able to have everything in one go. I'm sure I'm not alone.
You're probably not alone but you're also not likely the norm that they'd be taking into account, either.

I wouldn't really say an announcement is all that likely on Pokemon Day considering it falls on a Sunday this year. If there's any announcement at this point, it'd have to be this upcoming Friday/Monday.
Weekends aren't that sacred.
The first big Pokemon Day announcement was the Pokemon Direct for Sun and Moon in 2016. That year, February 27th was a Saturday.
Last year, for Pokemon Day, they released a Pokemon Presents announcing Legends Arceus. That also fell on a Saturday.

I'm pretty sure that if they were going to push back the main Pokemon Day celebrations this year, their little calendar of announcements for the week would have included that.

Probably also notable that they switched to pre-recorded announcements as a result of the pandemic, so literally all they'd need is someone to make sure the video goes live on the day and that's about it.

Last edited:
Weekends aren't that sacred.
The first big Pokemon Day announcement was the Pokemon Direct for Sun and Moon in 2016. That year, February 27th was a Saturday.
Last year, for Pokemon Day, they released a Pokemon Presents announcing Legends Arceus. That also fell on a Saturday.
The Direct/Presents for both of those fell on Friday for majority of the world, so that still fits in line with what I said.

If we do get a Presents announced, Friday/Monday would make sense than on a Sunday, which normally isn't a day used for announcements

The Direct/Presents for both of those fell on Friday for majority of the world, so that still fits in line with what I said.

If we do get a Presents announced, Friday/Monday would make sense than on a Sunday, which normally isn't a day used for announcements
And I am still sure that if the announcement was going to come on Monday, their calendar would have reflected that.

As it is, we know that we're getting a Pokemon Go announcement on Saturday. I think they're building up this week too much with the daily announcements to just leave us hanging on Sunday.

Last edited:
Oop.

Will admit I actually did not expect it. Though doesn't neccessarily mean it'll announce what people are expecting it to.

XD Knew it.

Honestly, I don't know what to expect. There's a long list of possibles out in the wild, though, and if it doesn't hit any of them, I would be surprised. So far I believe the list of maybes includes...
  • Gen 9
  • Legends Arceus DLC
  • HOME connectivity for BDSP and Legends
  • Detective Pikachu 2
  • Pokemon Sleep

And I personally hope for more New Snap DLC.

But who knows. It's gonna be 14 minutes long, apparently, so it sure won't be a light announcement, whatever it is.

There was actually news a day or two ago that Detective Pikachu 2 was hiring new crew, so it's still under development.
Yeah, but who knows how much development is left on that. We pretty much know that Legends Arceus and BDSP weren't finished when they were announced (heck BDSP wasn't finished when it was printed on the carts), and they could be hiring for Detective Pikachu to speed up the final development in time for some upcoming deadline. Probably one of the less likely possibilities for an announcement, but they could still slip in a mention since we haven't officially heard about it in a long while. Maybe even give us an expected release year this time.

Definitely unlikely to take up any significant portion of a 14 minute announcement, though.

What I hope is HOME connectivity for BDSP and Legends Arceus being announced. I would be happy for a PLA DLC announcement since it would push Gen 9 into next year.

Oop.

Will admit I actually did not expect it. Though doesn't neccessarily mean it'll announce what people are expecting it to.

I'm so excited!!! at the very least I hope they add something like another clothing option to celebrate (I'm a sucker for customization)

I'm not expecting DLC only because I want to be proven wrong lmao

Excited to see that announcement today. Will keep my expectations low, but based on the time, I do think we will see something.

I think it's almost guaranteed we will see Home connectivity brought up for BDSP and Legends, as I think they stated it would be available this month previously. So, even if it's delayed, I think they will talk about it.

But, I also don't think they can talk about Home for that long, so I think they will have something lined up for an announcement. I am personally hoping for Legends DLC, but I won't put those hopes too high.

Excited to see that announcement today. Will keep my expectations low, but based on the time, I do think we will see something.

I think it's almost guaranteed we will see Home connectivity brought up for BDSP and Legends, as I think they stated it would be available this month previously. So, even if it's delayed, I think they will talk about it.

But, I also don't think they can talk about Home for that long, so I think they will have something lined up for an announcement. I am personally hoping for Legends DLC, but I won't put those hopes too high.
Well, looking at past Presents, they've always packed several things into 10+ minutes, and they've been getting the small fry announcements out of the way this week leading up to it. So... I think we can definitely expect a few things out of this one, and it won't be things like little events and new characters for Masters, ReMix or Unite.

XD Knew it.

Honestly, I don't know what to expect. There's a long list of possibles out in the wild, though, and if it doesn't hit any of them, I would be surprised. So far I believe the list of maybes includes...
  • Gen 9
  • Legends Arceus DLC
  • HOME connectivity for BDSP and Legends
  • Detective Pikachu 2
  • Pokemon Sleep

And I personally hope for more New Snap DLC.

But who knows. It's gonna be 14 minutes long, apparently, so it sure won't be a light announcement, whatever it is.

If we get anything for Gen 9, it's probably going to be a vague teaser like "the next core Pokemon game is in development" like we saw in 2017/2018. Gen 9 is probably not this year, it's too soon after LA. Not as sure on New Snap DLC either because a year is typically a bit long a gap in between the initial release and DLC unless it's something super popular. Everything else seems reasonable and about what I expect (maybe another new mobile game announced as well). My money's on Legends DLC being the headliner here.

Maybe a Legends DLC "coming soon!" and a "Gen 9 is not coming soon but is in development", just to get the h y p e ready...but another game having DLC seems smart if there's no "big" game release....or DLC release....?

If there's Legends DLC, we're going to get more concrete information than "coming soon". We're probably going to get actual details on what it entails and when it's coming (which will probably be sometime in the next few months). I think a Legends + DLC bundle is the "big game" for the holiday in the same way that the SwSh + Expansion Pass bundle was the "big game" for Holiday 2020.

As for Gen 9, if they do mention it they're probably not going to use the phrase "Gen 9", Game Freak never officially refers to the concept of "generations". They'll probably call it "the next core Pokemon game" or something. They also won't say it's "not coming soon" because that kills the hype, they'll want to say it's coming but not specify when to keep us hanging until they're ready to share the details (probably a year from now).

As for Gen 9, if they do mention it they're probably not going to use the phrase "Gen 9", Game Freak never officially refers to the concept of "generations". They'll probably call it "the next core Pokemon game" or something. They also won't say it's "not coming soon" because that kills the hype, they'll want to say it's coming but not specify when to keep us hanging until they're ready to share the details (probably a year from now).
They'll say something like "the next core entry in the Pokemon game series is currently in development." Maybe if we're lucky we'll get a silhouette of a new Pokemon (tbh I miss the silhouette days!).

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom