• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

Pokemon Home news is almost guaranteed, but that should only take a couple minutes taking into account how lazy the "game" is. Masters, Go and Cafe Mix are ruled out because of this week's updates, which leaves two options for the main event:
  • Spin-off: As I said somewhere else I really hope it's a game where Pokemon from later gens can shine (specially Galar's, as most of its mons haven't been seen outside SWSH). Therefore I hope it's not a limited roster game as that's gonna have obligatory Kanto abundance. If it's another game with Gen 1-only mons at release like Go, Smile and Quest I'm done with spin-offs.
  • Main series game/DLC: Yes, we have to talk about "Gen IX this year or the next?". I was in the 2022 camp because of how early Legends launched, but after playing it I'm leaning towards 2023. Legends is an ambitious game that required Gamefreak to recode tons of mechanics and items and also had its own share of graphical experience so it should have consumed lots of resources (specially compared to past remakes, which had minimal script and region changes), and also it feels very DLC-friendly. It's pretty close to being the Gen x.5 game fans asked in the Gen 6 era. Therefore, my bet's on Legends DLC, but if it's Gen IX I won't complain and I will look forward to new Pokemon like usual.

What could they announce in only 14 minutes? Legends DLC, I hope.

Though as long as it's not another Unite situation I'm still hyped.
Quite a lot, really. We got announcements for Pokemon Smile, Cafe Mix, New Pokemon Snap, a max raid battle event for SwSh, and Mega Evolutions and other content for Go crammed into a ten minute Presents before.

They've also been doing mini announcements throughout the week so whatever it winds up being in the Presents should be good. None of the max raid events or new characters for ReMix or Unite, because they've already done them.

Quite a lot, really. We got announcements for Pokemon Smile, Cafe Mix, New Pokemon Snap, a max raid battle event for SwSh, and Mega Evolutions and other content for Go crammed into a ten minute Presents before.

They've also been doing mini announcements throughout the week so whatever it winds up being in the Presents should be good. None of the max raid events or new characters for ReMix or Unite, because they've already done them.
That's promising then!

I got an amber alert at 5:15 this morning so I guess I am awake for this Presents. I was really going into it like "well I'll set a single alarm but if I don't wake up for it that's fine." and then the world finds a way of waking me up 45 minutes beforehand. So, predictions with 3 and a half hours of sleep let's go.

• Pokemon Home Update
  • Pokemon Sleep and/or some other mobile title
  • Some sort of mention of Legends Arceus. Might not even be DLC, just a mention of it, or even just footage of it.
  • A tease of whatever is coming next.
Keeping my expectations low for this, so if we get anything more than this I'll be pleasantly surprised. If there's nothing too exciting I might wait to post my thoughts on it later and just go back to bed.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom