• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

I will say, the graphics still look pretty rough. Only about as rough as Legends' graphics, though.

I'm calling it, these games are going to feel rushed. I cannot see them handling two large scale console games back to back well. Should've spent an extra year on this.
Honestly, given how barren Legends is, and its short storyline, I think it's perceived as being larger and more work than it actually is.

They really did the thing everyone was hoping they wouldn't do and I'm not even mad. A little meh on the timing, but I guess it is what it is.

Gen 9 aside, the Legends update looks fun imo, at least for free content. Nice way to catch some mons like Wrydeer without having to use agile style Psyshield 20 times too. Guess it's time to go back to my main file for a while.

Okay, I know Gen 9 is the big thing here, but I need time to process on that. So I'm going to talk about the Legends DLC.

I am happy we are seeing a free content update, and I hope that means we'll see more for the game throughout the year. I really like how it looks like some of the outbreaks won't be exclusive to the areas the Pokemon are normally found in. It makes me wonder to see if this update is locked behind being past the credit scene. I'm going to guess so. But I am always glad to see more content for this. I've had so much fun with it thus far, and just having more to do distracting me from research tasks will be amazing.

I'm calling it, these games are going to feel rushed. I cannot see them handling two large scale console games back to back well. Should've spent an extra year on this.
Yeah, it is a very bad idea to release the games so soon. I was literally saying "well hopefully they don't release until 2023" when the "coming late 2022" banner popped up lmao. There's no way they can release a mainline Pokemon game with the level of polish it deserves under these kinds of deadlines.

Yeah, it is a very bad idea to release the games so soon. I was literally saying "well hopefully they don't release until 2023" when the "coming late 2022" banner popped up lmao. There's no way they can release a mainline Pokemon game with the level of polish it deserves under these kinds of deadlines.
Consider the timing, though. If they release Gen 9 now, they can take four years to work on Gen 10 in time for their 30th anniversary, which is probably what they're planning.

Consider the timing, though. If they release Gen 9 now, they can take four years to work on Gen 10 in time for their 30th anniversary, which is probably what they're planning.
Sure, but it's pretty lousy to essentially throw Gen IX's quality under the bus in exchange.

Honestly, given how barren Legends is, and its short storyline, I think it's perceived as being larger and more work than it actually is.

IDK, open world areas and detailed animations are nothing to sneeze at. And if that's what we got for LA, does that also mean SV is going to be equally barren?

Sure, but it's pretty lousy to essentially throw Gen IX's quality under the bus in exchange.

Yup, it'd be Gen 6 all over again when they skipped Z and went right to Gen 7 just so they could have it on the 20th anniversary.

We really don't know how long these were in development for. They look more polished than Legends but gameplay wise we'll have to see if it's gonna be on par, better or worse.
Do they? We barely saw anything, and what we saw just kind of looked on par with SwSh with maybe some more dynamic townsfolk.

Well, they had to mince it some way. Better that Gen 10 get the four years than Gen 9, because that means 10 will get more time and experience applied to it, and also piggyback off of 9's progress.

IDK, open world areas and detailed animations are nothing to sneeze at. And if that's what we got for LA, does that also mean SV is going to be equally barren?
The open world areas don't have much in them, though. They seem big, but they could have just as well made them on a smaller scale and then scaled them up and added sparse details. If there was more to it, I think you'd have a point, but the textures aren't particularly artistically applied and it doesn't take that much effort to paste some trees and rocks around.

And animations for the models are an ongoing development not specific to any game. They're as much applicable to SV's development as they are to LA.

Talking about animations, it seems like the protagonists are gonna have actual facial animations outside of cutscenes like in Legends which is a plus from me but they look...off

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom