• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

Reaction score
I don’t think the Distortion World will be in the game. It’s based on the plot of Diamond or Pearl rather than Platinum (which we know because it’s divided into two versions). Thus the scene where we would encounter Giratina and be sent to the DW would be replaced by the scene where Palkia/Dialga begin to create a new world. Unless of course, they rewrite the plot to include both, but I don’t really see that happening.

Maybe they could include it in Turnback Cave?
Wait, this game has nothing to do with the plot of d/p/p. There's a new plot for sure, so I don't think the fact that the distortion world was not in d/p could imply that it cannot be here.
Now that you make think about, considering brilliant diamond and shining pearl are "faithful remakes" of d/p I think Legends is exactly where Giratina will have its plot.

Reaction score
I don’t think the Distortion World will be in the game. It’s based on the plot of Diamond or Pearl rather than Platinum (which we know because it’s divided into two versions). Thus the scene where we would encounter Giratina and be sent to the DW would be replaced by the scene where Palkia/Dialga begin to create a new world. Unless of course, they rewrite the plot to include both, but I don’t really see that happening.

Maybe they could include it in Turnback Cave?
Nothing indicates that legends arceus is based On just dp and not platinum. Even if it did we are thousands of years in the past and the focus is on arceus meaning giratina could play a role as a dark force we need to fight with arceus. I see all the sinnoh legends having some role to play to be honest. We have to catch them for the pokedex after all.

Reaction score
Perhaps it will merge with Arceus and we have to battle the resulting fusion.
I think we will see what we know from d/p/p. Gen 4 told us that Arceus confined Giratina into the distortion world. In this game we will probably see Giratina trying to break out with Arceus trying to keep it quite.
I mean, it's Calamity Ganon 2.0.

Assassin Ninja Frog
Reaction score
I think we will see what we know from d/p/p. Gen 4 told us that Arceus confined Giratina into the distortion world. In this game we will probably see Giratina trying to break out with Arceus trying to keep it quite.
I mean, it's Calamity Ganon 2.0.
Indeed, like perhaps Giratina's attempts to break out will be felt throughout the game. Eventually, it will get to the point where the player is sent to Mt. Coronet to investigate. At that moment, Giratina breaks free and attacks.

Now with Mega Evolution
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him/His
Wait, this game has nothing to do with the plot of d/p/p. There's a new plot for sure, so I don't think the fact that the distortion world was not in d/p could imply that it cannot be here.
Now that you make think about, considering brilliant diamond and shining pearl are "faithful remakes" of d/p I think Legends is exactly where Giratina will have its plot.
Nothing indicates that legends arceus is based On just dp and not platinum. Even if it did we are thousands of years in the past and the focus is on arceus meaning giratina could play a role as a dark force we need to fight with arceus. I see all the sinnoh legends having some role to play to be honest. We have to catch them for the pokedex after all.
My mistake lol I thought this was the BDSP thread. Yeah, I think it’d be a cool possibility to see the DW here.

Reaction score
The plot:
Giratina is trying to break out of the Distortion World (Calamity Ganon). Its aura takes control of pokemon around the region (some Pokemon are now mad --> boss fights through the region with distorted pokemon). Dialga and Palkia (Zeldas) come and try block it but they cannot do it forever. We need to find Azelf, Uxie and Mesprit (Divine Beasts) to convince them to produce the chain that can weaken Giratina. Once we have the chain we climb Mt. Coronet (Hyrule Castle) to fight Giratina. Super mega battle, we are almost dying but Arceus comes and save our a**.

"Yes, but change some words so no one will notice".

Can-I-copy-your-homework.jpg

Reaction score
Honestly fighting Giratina in the distortion world (even if only a limited amount of it) would make for a good final boss location in this game. Just imagine while fighting it its inverting dimesions and arceus shows up to stop that so you can probably attack it

Reaction score
I feel like everything is leading to the Sinjoh Ruins. I only see the Distortion World returning if this was Pokemon Legends: Giratina.
I mean, they cannot make another legends on the Sinnoh region, but at the same time they have to make Dialga Palkia and Giratina appear in this game somehow. So the all Arceus and its trouble maker son is just the easiest way to go, considering they already told us this story.
And there's this picture too. I mean, isn't that the distortion world up there?
View: https://twitter.com/Lewchube/status/1365369940547694601/photo/1

Assassin Ninja Frog
Reaction score
I mean, they cannot make another legends on the Sinnoh region, but at the same time they have to make Dialga Palkia and Giratina appear in this game somehow. So the all Arceus and its trouble maker son is just the easiest way to go, considering they already told us this story.
And there's this picture too. I mean, isn't that the distortion world up there?
View: https://twitter.com/Lewchube/status/1365369940547694601/photo/1
Certainly looks like a portal to the Distortion World.