• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

Reaction score
I don't doubt at least one of those people is working on L:A. It just seems like too much of a missed opportunity if they hire someone and use them for Gen 9 rather than the first fully open world Pokemon. Especially ex-Square Enix employees.

Sure, that's good for Gen 9, but I feel like if L:A gets bad reviews they might not try this anymore. Not to this caliber, at least.
It's Pokémon, it will always get good reviews.

Son of Aphrodite(?)
Reaction score
Did you really think you could trust them in the first place?

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Enjoyer
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/him
Did you really think you could trust them in the first place?
In some capacity, yes. I'm horrible with decisions so I just go with reviews to see if my purchase would be worth it.
Now I just take things with a grain of salt and just buy what I think is best for me. Doesn't make the decision any less harder though lol

i have never ever been stung by a bee
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him/probably
I'll wait for as long as it takes for this to be absolutely fully fleshed out (like with framerate issues, and just general quality ofc). This is the type of game that I never knew I had wanted, so I'm very grateful that Game Freak is taking a chance on this. Let's hope they don't fail us now.....

Researching all 898 Pokemon
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
she/her plzzz
I'm hyped for this idea. What if all the original Sinnoh starters get "ancient" forms?
Ancient Infernape like the protagonist for Journey to the West
Ancient Torterra being something similar to the legend of the Black Tortoise
Ancient Empoleon maybe representing a Poseidon/Triton-like figure.
Im down for ancient forms. But I don't really want the starters to have ancient forms... mostly because samurott is fine the way it is I just think it'd be better to leave the starters alone and focus on the other Pokemon.

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him/probably
I'm willing to bet that there is gonna be little towns scattered about.
Especially because it seems that it's going to be in the early days of modern Japan/Hokkaido region, so I'd assume that there's going to be many villages and maybe a big port city

Researching all 898 Pokemon
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
she/her plzzz
That could be it. However I want to see some time travel. Seems fun. Or even better...maybe this is the world that Cyrus hoped to create.

Eyes of Ruby
Reaction score
Or even better...maybe this is the world that Cyrus hoped to create.
I'm going to assume no considering Cyrus sought to create a world without spirit, and none of the overworld scenes give that sort of vibe. I mean, the player characters are shown smiling and all. Plus, the trailer suggests that this is set in the current Pokémon timeline, just in the past.

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/him
I'm going to assume no considering Cyrus sought to create a world without spirit, and none of the overworld scenes give that sort of vibe. I mean, the player characters are shown smiling and all. Plus, the trailer suggests that this is set in the current Pokémon timeline, just in the past.
Interesting considering Dawn had a neutral expression at the beginning of the trailer.
Zrzut ekranu 2021-05-10 214550.png

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/him
Well, if you are just standing there and nothing really is happening, you would have a neutral expression.
Yeah, but isn't the default expression smiling? It just makes me wonder if this is a cutscene or if the player character will finally have expressions other than smiling during gameplay.

Right but that's one out of many other facial expressions right? Still doesn't discount that Cyrus theory which seems really interesting.
That is true. A world without spirit could mean anything though I didn't play Diamond and Pearl yet so I could be wrong.

Personally I just want to believe this game is fully set in the past and none of that time travel baloney. Pokemon stories were never groundbreaking but I would love a story that doesn't incorporate any weird cliches or at least not to this caliber.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him/probably
Personally I just want to believe this game is fully set in the past and none of that time travel baloney. Pokemon stories were never groundbreaking but I would love a story that doesn't incorporate any weird cliches or at least not to this caliber.
Same, I want a good story above all (well, and nice graphics too). Time travel seems like a bit of a cop-out. (Hopefully after I beat Ultra Moon, I can beat White and White 2 quickly, so I can get to Platinum and see the story before the release(s)).