• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

I was referencing that in an earlier post, too.

I didn't want to allude to the swastika though, in case people somehow got upset at me, but yes, I very much agree with this statement. No way it's time travel (probably)

Yeah I was referring to your post, and I'm not necessarily saying Game Freak based the symbol on the swastika, but more like that they might share some similarities, being an ancient symbol being taken out of context by an evil organization, i.e. Team Galactic.

To add to the similarities, the swastika itself has been used in Japan as a religious symbol, long before it ever became a taboo symbol. So perhaps there is some inspiration there...

Considering the recent Pokemon Presents rumor for June When do you all think we'll see the next batch of news for this game. Honestly, it's really hard to predict when it would be. The only pre-game newsfeed I really remember is pre-SM and pre-SWSH, both of which had a few months gap in between the reveal and their next trailer. With SM they didn't even have footage of the game on the reveal.

But Legends is completely new territory for the franchise, and with the release date still being at the very least 7 months away (early 2022), it's hard to say when they will want to show it again. I'm sure if the Presents rumor is true we will at least see BDSP at it, if the aforementioned news cycles are release dates of the game are anything to go by. Legends could be completely different from past games and they may want to hold off a little longer on news. In the past 5 years, the closest time in between the reveal of the launch date and the launch date was about 5 months, so I'm sure if we don't see Legends within the next month or so, we will be seeing it later this year.

So yeah, I could see them waiting a bit longer for Legends news. I would love to see it as soon as possible, especially now with the hype of Snap cooling down. Dang, I still get chills watching the trailer.

TyranitarTube spectulates it'll be late May or July, and I agree with him.
Probably early July for Unite and the remakes, and later July for Arceus (unless if it's an all-in-one news trailer)
Wouldn't they show a bit more about the game before E3 though? There was always a Pokemon Presents before E3 if there was something to show so July is kind of farfetched.

...But it is a spin-off! While I think that it should have been the namesake, Arceus, on the cover, it could be that they want to heavily differentiate it from the main series games

It's a core series game, at least according to Bulbapedia and Wikipedia. But maybe they are trying to differentiate it, like you say, because it's sort of a new branch of the core series. I do like that they included the iconic Mount Coronet silhouette on the cover.

I'm disappointed that Arceus didn't get to be on the box art of its own game. The artwork they chose, as beautiful as it is, breaks the core series tradition of including the mascot - and only the mascot - on the cover, making it look like a spin-off.
My theory is that they wanted to advertise the scale and exploration part of the game more than Arceus itself.

I'm a bit surprised that they already announced the release date. I wasn't expecting that for awhile. I'm also surprised that it is in January. I thought it wouldn't come out any earlier than March partly because I wasn't sure how far along they were in development and because I thought that they'd want a bit more of a gap between this and BD/SP. Although, a part of me was kind of hoping that they'd release Legends on Pokemon Day. Having a new main series title released on Pokemon Day would have been really cool, but that would have been a Sunday instead of a Friday, which probably wouldn't have been the best time given the target demographic. Still, it's pretty nice that we have a release date. I didn't think we'd get anything on either game for this month given that we're almost into June.

I also really like the box art. I thought it was a poster when I first saw it, so it was a nice surprise to see it being the box art instead. I'm fine with Arceus not being on the cover. While that would have been neat as well, focusing more on the open world aspect and the different starters available would probably make it stand out more than the typical kind of box art. I'm somewhat surprised people are saying that this is a spin-off, but considering that people still say that about Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee and are starting to for BD/SP, I guess it shouldn't shock me at this point.

I'm a bit surprised that they already announced the release date. I wasn't expecting that for awhile. I'm also surprised that it is in January. I thought it wouldn't come out any earlier than March partly because I wasn't sure how far along they were in development and because I thought that they'd want a bit more of a gap between this and BD/SP. Although, a part of me was kind of hoping that they'd release Legends on Pokemon Day. Having a new main series title released on Pokemon Day would have been really cool, but that would have been a Sunday instead of a Friday, which probably wouldn't have been the best time given the target demographic. Still, it's pretty nice that we have a release date. I didn't think we'd get anything on either game for this month given that we're almost into June.

I also really like the box art. I thought it was a poster when I first saw it, so it was a nice surprise to see it being the box art instead. I'm fine with Arceus not being on the cover. While that would have been neat as well, focusing more on the open world aspect and the different starters available would probably make it stand out more than the typical kind of box art. I'm somewhat surprised people are saying that this is a spin-off, but considering that people still say that about Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee and are starting to for BD/SP, I guess it shouldn't shock me at this point.

Didn't it say Early 2022? Anything after March would technically not count.
January is a bit early but well, it did say Early 2022.

Didn't it say Early 2022? Anything after March would technically not count.
January is a bit early but well, it did say Early 2022.

I thought that March would still count as early 2022. It might have been pushing it, but March is still relatively early in the year. I think a lot of fans thought that there would be a bigger gap between the release dates for BD/SP and Legends too.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom