• If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

nickdt

Reaction score
That sounds like a great coincidence, and it'd definitely be a great opportunity to publish something at that date. Or at the very least announce something huge.

tbh: late 2022 Lets Go Johto or Gen 9 and then late 2026 Gen 10 (Or gen 5 remakes).

Fairy Type Arceus

Reaction score
At this point they could have waited for pokemon Day...but hey.
Why do that when they're going to announce gen 9 on that day? I'm certain the January release date is so that the following month they don't have a game not yet released before they announce the next title. I thought gen 9 might be a year later because I thought early 2022 was gonna be march, after Pokemon day. They wouldn't reveal gen 9 when LA wasn't out yet. But if the game came out a month prior they have free space to announce gen 9.

nickdt

Reaction score
Why do that when they're going to announce gen 9 on that day? I'm certain the January release date is so that the following month they don't have a game not yet released before they announce the next title. I thought gen 9 might be a year later because I thought early 2022 was gonna be march, after Pokemon day. They wouldn't reveal gen 9 when LA wasn't out yet. But if the game came out a month prior they have free space to announce gen 9.

Either gen 9 or Lets Go Johto, since its odd LA comes out early 2022 if we don't get anything late 2022.

There is also a possibility they show off Detective Pikachu 2 during Pokemon Day, which then releases in summer.

nickdt

Reaction score
I’m curious as to why you would find this odd. If anything it’s highly atypical for us to get more than one mainline game in the same year.

Why not put LA late 2022 in that case. Would be a more sensible decision from a business perspective, especially since its the same region as the remakes.

And, you can make the same argument that its atypical to release 2 mainline games 2 months after eachother.

What are they gonna announce during Pokemon Day. Pokemon Unite and Detective Pikachu 2 aren't gonna cut it, so they need to have something major.

swiftgallade46

Now with Mega Evolution
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him/His
Why not put LA late 2022 in that case. Would be a more sensible decision from a business perspective, especially since its the same region as the remakes.

And, you can make the same argument that its atypical to release 2 mainline games 2 months after eachother.

What are they gonna announce during Pokemon Day. Pokemon Unite and Detective Pikachu 2 aren't gonna cut it, so they need to have something major.
We don’t really know much about BDSP or LA yet so it’s pretty unclear why they made such an unorthodox decision.

But that’s just what it was: unorthodox. This isn’t the norm nor does it suggest that it suddenly will be from now on.

As for Pokémon Day, they definitely haven’t announced a new mainline game every single year so I don’t see why 2022 has to be any different.

nickdt

Reaction score
We don’t really know much about BDSP or LA yet so it’s pretty unclear why they made such an unorthodox decision.

But that’s just what it was: unorthodox. This isn’t the norm nor does it suggest that it suddenly will be from now on.

As for Pokémon Day, they definitely haven’t announced a new mainline game every single year so I don’t see why 2022 has to be any different.

Well... because

2019 - 2022 falls perfectly in line with the every 3 years a new generation cycle.

Joker901

Reaction score
I refuse to even consider the possibility.

Poke Dragon

Looking for a way to be whole again.
Reaction score
Isn't Pokemon's plan for the next few months starting from the release of BDSP is to use LA with those games in conjunction? It's possibly the only way to explain why those games release so close to one another.

Kallyle

Nepgear is cute.
Reaction score
Well... because

2019 - 2022 falls perfectly in line with the every 3 years a new generation cycle.
That mighf result in either Legends: Arceus or the Gen 9 debut games being rushed. Considering the worry people have currently due to the release day and the criticisms they got from SwSh, TPCi would either have to be really, really confident in one or both of their big projects. Worst case scenario, this would result in both Legends: Arceus and Gen 9 being subpar products, which I doubt TPCi would risk unless they had no idea what they were doing.

It just doesn’t benefit them to stick to the three generation lifecycle anymore unless one of the projects gets the short end of the stick.

Cute Charm

I gotta focus. I'm shifting into pokemon mode.
Reaction score
I don't think we'll see any main series games released the same year as GameFreak's big, ambitious project that is so large that the torch of creating a remake was passed onto another studio.
I agree that they want to focus on their passion project/proof of concept. But at the same time, there really isn't anything saying they can't tease Gen 9 during 2022 and release it sometime in 2023.

Fairy Type Arceus

Reaction score
That mighf result in either Legends: Arceus or the Gen 9 debut games being rushed. Considering the worry people have currently due to the release day and the criticisms they got from SwSh, TPCi would either have to be really, really confident in one or both of their big projects. Worst case scenario, this would result in both Legends: Arceus and Gen 9 being subpar products, which I doubt TPCi would risk unless they had no idea what they were doing.

It just doesn’t benefit them to stick to the three generation lifecycle anymore unless one of the projects gets the short end of the stick.
Trust me I don't want them to do it either because I'm sure that means either legends or gen 9 (or both) will be rushed. Honestly we also have to wonder how much covid affected gamefreak game development too. We know Nintendo had issues because of it so gamefreak had to have too. But they haven't missed a beat so far. The dlc wasn't delayed and outside of following Pokemon came out pretty good. It could be that we're hyping thia game up to be gamefreaks passion project when to them it might not be. Hopefully they have just been working on legends arceus for so long that covid didn't affect them too bad.

Now a best case scenario would be its releasing so early in the year to make room for dlc to drop by the end of 2022 for LA and then announce gen 9 in February of 2023 for an end of year release.

nickdt

Reaction score
Trust me I don't want them to do it either because I'm sure that means either legends or gen 9 (or both) will be rushed. Honestly we also have to wonder how much covid affected gamefreak game development too. We know Nintendo had issues because of it so gamefreak had to have too. But they haven't missed a beat so far. The dlc wasn't delayed and outside of following Pokemon came out pretty good. It could be that we're hyping thia game up to be gamefreaks passion project when to them it might not be. Hopefully they have just been working on legends arceus for so long that covid didn't affect them too bad.

Now a best case scenario would be its releasing so early in the year to make room for dlc to drop by the end of 2022 for LA and then announce gen 9 in February of 2023 for an end of year release.

I don't think they will do DLC for LA for a number of reasons.
1. If LA flops (Since its not the conventional game for them, so they won't know how it will sell), they basically wasted resources, time and money on a DLC they cannot sell
2. If its true LA doesn't have Online Connectivity, you will not even be able to download DLC in the first place.

swiftgallade46

Now with Mega Evolution
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him/His
2. If its true LA doesn't have Online Connectivity, you will not even be able to download DLC in the first place.
Was it said that it won’t have online connectivity or just that it was single player? Because I really can’t see them foregoing online altogether with Mystery Gifts and Events being popular.

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
I'm really confused about this situation and these posts highlight exactly why
I don't think we'll see any main series games released the same year as GameFreak's big, ambitious project that is so large that the torch of creating a remake was passed onto another studio.
I fully agree with this one.
I’m curious as to why you would find this odd. If anything it’s highly atypical for us to get more than one mainline game in the same year.
But on the flip side they usually do reserve their end of year holiday slot for the main games, and with reason since that’s the most profitable time to release a game for the year. So is indeed unusual if they’re abandoning it in 2022.

For a game in late 2022 I think it could go either way.

swiftgallade46

Now with Mega Evolution
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him/His
But on the flip side they usually do reserve their end of year holiday slot for the main games, and with reason since that’s the most profitable time to release a game for the year. So is indeed unusual if they’re abandoning it in 2022.

For a game in late 2022 I think it could go either way.
But they also don’t always release a game during every holiday season. Personally, I think it’s more likely that they would wait all the way until late 2023 than for them to release gen 9 or something so soon after Legends. But Legends proves that releasing games during other parts are of the year isn’t out of the question anyway.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 months ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.