• If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

Fairy Type Arceus

Reaction score
I don't think they will do DLC for LA for a number of reasons.
1. If LA flops (Since its not the conventional game for them, so they won't know how it will sell), they basically wasted resources, time and money on a DLC they cannot sell
2. If its true LA doesn't have Online Connectivity, you will not even be able to download DLC in the first place.
What? A game not being able to be played online doesn't mean it can't get dlc. You can't play with other people in BoTW but it has dlc. As long as the switch can go onto the e shop you can get dlc for any game. Being single player with no online functions doesn't mean it can't have dlc.

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
But they also don’t always release a game during every holiday season. Personally, I think it’s more likely that they would wait all the way until late 2023 than for them to release gen 9 or something so soon after Legends. But Legends proves that releasing games during other parts are of the year isn’t out of the question anyway.
There’s a reason almost all of the contemporary releases have been holiday season. The last time day did a non-holiday season release is too back in time for me to even remember. And it had a reason- sales. They won’t ditch the sweet holiday season of 2022 for nothing. A game may or may not be released but it’s definitely a weird choice releasing a game early in the year and leaving the holiday season blank, unless they are releasing a Switch Pro to coincide with Legends, but I’m not sure about that theory as well.

swiftgallade46

Now with Mega Evolution
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him/His
There’s a reason almost all of the contemporary releases have been holiday season. The last time day did a non-holiday season release is too back in time for me to even remember. And it had a reason- sales. They won’t ditch the sweet holiday season of 2022 for nothing. A game may or may not be released but it’s definitely a weird choice releasing a game early in the year and leaving the holiday season blank, unless they are releasing a Switch Pro to coincide with Legends, but I’m not sure about that theory as well.
I am aware, yeah, but it honestly depends on what kind game LA is. Right now, it doesn’t seem likely to me that it deserves any less than other remakes in terms of maintaining it’s time as the most current game. If anything, it looks like it deserves more at the moment which would mean that we’d skip this holiday and wait until the next.

Cute Charm

I gotta focus. I'm shifting into pokemon mode.
Reaction score
I don't think they will do DLC for LA for a number of reasons.
1. If LA flops (Since its not the conventional game for them, so they won't know how it will sell), they basically wasted resources, time and money on a DLC they cannot sell
2. If its true LA doesn't have Online Connectivity, you will not even be able to download DLC in the first place.
I highly doubt Legends is going to flop. It has too much going for it, a lot of it being stuff pokemon fans have wanted since the switch to 3D in XY.

I mean look at LGPE. Despite being another Kanto remake with Go mechanics, it still sold 13.28 million in just short of three years of existence. That's more than FRLG's 12 mill. Looking at all the sales charts, the absolute worst selling pokemon games were spin offs, but the worst mainline game was Crystal at 6.39 mill. So since it falls under the mainline banner since it expands on the main story...I highly doubt it's even going to pull in that little. BDSP might, but that's only because of people not liking the style. I mean they might be the worst selling remakes at the rate the pre-release chatter is. But Legends still has what a lot of people were hoping for in a DPPt remake.

Cute Charm

Reaction score
Gen 9 probably won't be announced a month after Legends. If anything, it's probably going to be more like around the time of the next E3 or sometime during the 3rd or 4th quarter directs. That will give Legends a lot of time to sell and/or get DLC before the new generation is released at the end of 2023.

Like I said in the Gen 9 prediction thread, they're probably releasing BDSP this year to give it a few months of sales before the game they're EXPECTING to sell more outshines it. By releasing Gen 9 a year and a half after Legends will give it more than enough time sell a ton of copies before the games that WILL sell more upon release happen.

Silktree

Not Dead
Reaction score
Like I said in the Gen 9 prediction thread, they're probably releasing BDSP this year to give it a few months of sales before the game they're EXPECTING to sell more outshines it. By releasing Gen 9 a year and a half after Legends will give it more than enough time sell a ton of copies before the games that WILL sell more upon release happen.
They should have made the gap between BDSP and Legends more substantial, but whatever. I get the feeling that they don't care about BDSP all that much.

Cute Charm

Reaction score
It's completely possible that they spread out the DLC to compensate for the pandemic last year, and that BDSP was supposed to be last year's game. It's also entirely possible that they just felt obligated and/or were forced into making a faithful remake of a popular generation instead of just doing a prequel, hence the outsourcing. We just don't know these things and I doubt we will ever know for sure.

Besides, they could have easily released all three games at the same time. If they did, it wouldn't give BDSP any chance.

Last edited:

Fairy Type Arceus

Reaction score
It's completely possible that they spread out the DLC to compensate for the pandemic last year, and that BDSP was supposed to be last year's game. It's also entirely possible that they just felt obligated and/or were forced into making a faithful remake of a popular generation instead of just doing a prequel, hence the outsourcing. We just don't know these things and I doubt we will ever know for sure.

Besides, they could have easily released all three games at the same time. If they did, it wouldn't give BDSP any chance.
Last years game was sword and shields dlc though. And it was announced in January before the pandemic really hit anywhere hard (besides china I think, I could be wrong about that but the dlc was in development far longer than January anyway) bdsp was not planned for last year.

Silktree

Not Dead
Reaction score
It's completely possible that they spread out the DLC to compensate for the pandemic last year, and that BDSP was supposed to be last year's game.
The DLC was announced in January 2020 (before most people knew what Covid-19 was) and the second half was promised for Fall 2020, so there's no reason to suspect that BDSP were meant to be released around the same time. There were zero delays for the DLC.

It's also entirely possible that they just felt obligated and/or were forced into making a faithful remake of a popular generation instead of just doing a prequel, hence the outsourcing.
That's very likely.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
DLC for Legends would make a lot more sense than a rushed generation, which would severely hamper Legends' sales. Could you imagine a new generation being just announced just a month after Legends' release date? I can't.
That's one of the reasons why I don't expect to see Gen 9 next year.

BackSet

Ace Knight
Reaction score
Hi guys. I got unsubed from this thread somehow. Did I miss anything important?

Warning! This thread is more than 2 months ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.