• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

Oriden

May not return
Reaction score
Of course there is. The better safe than sorry philosophy is everything. If a person is giving me signals they're mad, I should assume they're mad, then look for contradicting signals.

2 regional evolutions of pokemon with no evolution family. To me that is indicative that there could be other regional evolutions of pokemon with no evolution family, but I'm not going to expand that to patterns of legendary pokemon that will have regional evolutions.

Two isn't a pattern, it's a coincidence. And yes, there certainly could be more because again- we can't rule anything out. And there's nothing negative about that? I don't know why you seem to think that accepting the high probability that anything could get a new evo is a bad thing.

dawn dusk

dead head
Reaction score
So who else will get a new regional evolution?

Here's Bulbapedia's 1 and only...

(But take out the legendary and mythicals.).

(And also take out the ones with mega evolutions, most likely.).
I won't be surprised even if a Pokémon with two regional variants and a gigantamax form gets a Hisuian form.
Rule out all the Rules.

Eeveely

ScVi HYPE!!!!
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/they
This is random but I love seeing trailer reactions specifically the parts where Akari jumps off the cliff to ride the braviary, hisuian growlithe introduction, basculegion evolution method and the trainer getting attacked

Eitarou

I'm Soi confused
Reaction score
I noticed Kamado's outfit has a Golduck on it. It's a shame Psyduck is already in the Sinnoh Dex, so a Hisuian form was likely never an option.

Golduck is said to be mistaken for kappa, so maybe it could've looked like one. Maybe that'd be too similar to Ludicolo.

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Psyduck is already in the Sinnoh Dex, so a Hisuian form was likely never an option.
It could be present in a different form in Hisui, and change over time to its current form- effectively getting a regional variant while staying in the Sinnoh dex in its current form.

Emmy

Cam Girl~
Reaction score
I noticed Kamado's outfit has a Golduck on it. It's a shame Psyduck is already in the Sinnoh Dex, so a Hisuian form was likely never an option.

Golduck is said to be mistaken for kappa, so maybe it could've looked like one. Maybe that'd be too similar to Ludicolo.
For what it's worth, the website refers to the Galaxy Expedition as people hailing from outside of Sinnoh so it may well be that Kamado's outfit similarly does not reflect Hisuian living Psyduck. :unsure:

NealIRC

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Two isn't a pattern, it's a coincidence.
Why must what GameFreak shows, must be a coincidence?

And yes, there certainly could be more because again- we can't rule anything out.
I'm going based on the pattern we know.

I won't be surprised even if a Pokémon with two regional variants and a gigantamax form gets a Hisuian form.
Rule out all the Rules.
You want to give out answers to non-questions? Then I'll annoy you by telling lots of things companies do, surprise me. Lots of things GameFreak has done to Pokemon, surprise me. Lots of corporate decisions say from Microsoft, the government, etc., surprise me. And no 1 has asked me this question yet - but I'm not expecting to me unsurprised for the game. What would surprise me, for example, is if they break the Eviolite conundrum.

Last edited:

Articfoxgamez

I Exist
Reaction score
It could be present in a different form in Hisui, and change over time to its current form- effectively getting a regional variant while staying in the Sinnoh dex in its current form.
For what it's worth, the website refers to the Galaxy Expedition as people hailing from outside of Sinnoh so it may well be that Kamado's outfit similarly does not reflect Hisuian living Psyduck. :unsure:
We see some Golduck in the trailer.

Oriden

May not return
Reaction score
Why must what GameFreak shows, must be a coincidence?

I'm going based on the pattern we know.

You want to give out answers to non-questions? Then I'll annoy you by telling lots of things companies do, surprise me. Lots of things GameFreak has done to Pokemon, surprise me. Lots of corporate decisions say from Microsoft, the government, etc., surprise me. And no 1 has asked me this question yet - but I'm not expecting to me unsurprised for the game. What would surprise me, for example, is if they break the Eviolite conundrum.

Because literally two things do not establish a pattern. If you pulled two M&Ms out of a bag and they both happened to be red, you wouldn't assume that every M&M in the bag is red. That would be improbable.

If by 'eviolite conundrum' you mean that assumption we had that pokemon wouldn't be given new evolutions due to having to preserve which pokemon eviolite works on- it's probably not that big of an issue. Simple solution: whether eviolite works on a pokemon or not depends on the game it's in. Much like how what form Pikachu evolves into depends on whether or not it's in the Alola region. They can just decide that whether a pokemon has the potential to evolve depends on its environment and then bam, eviolite functions exactly as it's supposed to. If it's not a pokemon known to be super good with eviolite anyway, it's not like most people would even notice.

Super-Luke

Reaction score
I think it's obvious that there will be other regional forms and evolutions in Legends. I hope so much for Dunsparce, Jynx, Octillery, Qwilfish, Sunflora, Girafarig and many others :ROFLMAO:

blitzle stan

Reaction score
That got me thinking though- the Lotad line is one of the “must have Gen 3 game inserted to appear” lines, so it’s possible they could get Hisui variants. I remember seeing a Grass/Fairy alternate evolution a while ago that leaned more into lotus flowers that would be nice and fitting.

NealIRC

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Because literally two things do not establish a pattern. If you pulled two M&Ms out of a bag and they both happened to be red, you wouldn't assume that every M&M in the bag is red. That would be improbable.
Yes but this does not apply to GameFreak. The stuff they choose to present to us is generally not arbitrary. So I'm looking at the patterns they choose to present to us.
If by 'eviolite conundrum' you mean that assumption we had that pokemon wouldn't be given new evolutions due to having to preserve which pokemon eviolite works on- it's probably not that big of an issue. Simple solution: whether eviolite works on a pokemon or not depends on the game it's in. Much like how what form Pikachu evolves into depends on whether or not it's in the Alola region. They can just decide that whether a pokemon has the potential to evolve depends on its environment and then bam, eviolite functions exactly as it's supposed to. If it's not a pokemon known to be super good with eviolite anyway, it's not like most people would even notice.
This is not my discussion.

Oriden

May not return
Reaction score
Yes but this does not apply to GameFreak. The stuff they choose to present to us is generally not arbitrary. So I'm looking at the patterns they choose to present to us.

This is not my discussion.
It absolutely does apply to GameFreak. Much like how we know that a bag of M&Ms most likely doesn't contain only red M&Ms, because we've seen bags of M&Ms before- we've seen the kinds of decisions GameFreak has made before and know that it is improbable that they decided to limit their choices for new evolutions to only single-stage non-legendaries without megas. There is absolutely no reason at this point in time to believe that Legends Arceus is some absurd isolated event in which they decided to impose that restriction. Two pokemon are a coincidence, not a pattern. Last time I'm going to say it because I know everyone else understands.

NealIRC

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
It absolutely does apply to GameFreak. Much like how we know that a bag of M&Ms most likely doesn't contain only red M&Ms, because we've seen bags of M&Ms before- we've seen the kinds of decisions GameFreak has made before and know that it is improbable that they decided to limit their choices for new evolutions to only single-stage non-legendaries without megas. There is absolutely no reason at this point in time to believe that Legends Arceus is some absurd isolated event in which they decided to impose that restriction. Two pokemon are a coincidence, not a pattern. Last time I'm going to say it because I know everyone else understands.
Except you don't know if GF gambles giving out information. The "let's draw a random new pokemon out of a hat" and that new pokemon will be the ones chosen in the videos.

Oriden

May not return
Reaction score
Except you don't know if GF gambles giving out information. The "let's draw a random new pokemon out of a hat" and that new pokemon will be the ones chosen in the videos.
It's two new evolutions that happen to be Hisuian PokeRides, the main means of travel and a great way to show off areas of the game. That's their connection. It isn't random and it has nothing to do with being evolved from single stage non-legendaries without Megas.

Last edited:

KirbyBulba737

Unova Confirmed!
Reaction score
Still, only 2 is too little to assume a pattern. Besides, they are connected to the ride function, so it makes sense that they'd be shown together along with Braviary.

NealIRC

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
It's two new evolutions that happen to be Hisuian PokeRides, the main means of travel and a great way to show off areas of the game. That's their connection. It isn't random and it has nothing to do with being evolved from single stage non-legendaries without Megas.
Did you think I believed it was random?