• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

NealIRC

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Actually I think I proved that I waste posts/time by trying to tell you several times over that we can't rule anything out despite that obviously not getting through.
No, you went on about those were random patterns like drawing a card from a random deck. I'm not convinced GF does that. More than likely they choose what to tell us.

KirbyBulba737

Unova Confirmed!
Reaction score
No, you went on about those were random patterns like drawing a card from a random deck. I'm not convinced GF does that. More than likely they choose what to tell us.
They do, and they choose those pokemon because they're all related to Poke ride and that they all are Hissuian in some way.

NealIRC

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
They do, and they choose those pokemon because they're all related to Poke ride and that they all are Hissuian in some way.
I think you're right for the 2nd 1 but not the 1st. The Hisuian Growlithe to be revealed, for example, was most likely not as a random card drawn from a deck.

We have some info on how GF does things. We know for some things, GF staff votes on them.

Blast

☆彡
Reaction score
TBH...I feel like the open-world descriptor was mostly curated by fans lol. I actually can't remember this game ever explicitly presented otherwise.
I mean you can't exactly fault the fans for touted this game as open world looking at the similarities with BotW in the promotion, especially the trailers.

KirbyBulba737

Unova Confirmed!
Reaction score
The Hisuian Growlithe to be revealed, for example, was most likely not as a random card drawn from a deck.
Forgout about that, but my first point stilll mostly stands. They probably featured him only to have 2 Hissuian forms and 2 Hissuian Evolutions. And for all we know Hissuian Arcanine could still be related to Pokè Ride.

Oriden

May not return
Reaction score
My guess is Hisuian Growlithe was featured because it's this game's equivalent to wooloo- just an easily popular meme-ishly appealing design. Everyone loves a doofy good boy. I don't even really like the design much and I still think it's a doofy good boy.

Mr. MoonStone

Just your average everday moon fan
Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
I mean you can't exactly fault the fans for touted this game as open world looking at the similarities with BotW in the promotion, especially the trailers.
Fair enough. It's a concept that has been ingrained in a lot of fan wish-lists for a loooong time now lol. I think once they saw exploration and 3D it may have been enough to take over the L:A discourse :LOL:

blitzle stan

Reaction score
My guess is Hisuian Growlithe was featured because it's this game's equivalent to wooloo- just an easily popular meme-ishly appealing design. Everyone loves a doofy good boy. I don't even really like the design much and I still think it's a doofy good boy.
Oh 100%. And this makes me hope (hope! Not expect!) that there will be more than 10ish Hisuian variants in the game. A supposed insider said they have a rollout planned that is on par with new Gen games… and by far the biggest talking point in a new Gen game is the new designs. We’ll see what happens, but I’m hopeful.

Minya_Nouvelle

Excited for Reptiles
Reaction score
This thought is extremely tangential, but here goes:

Every time I see the "Galaxy Expedition Team" my brain thinks of Explorers of Sky. I wonder if this game will capture any of the feel of the mystery dungeon games story or gameplay wise.

What I mean by that is like: going to a place as a team of people to solve a mystery/find hidden area by solving simple puzzles.

You apparently have a rank as well. I hope there are quests other than the Pokedex stuff that can increase your rank.

Cute Charm

Game Footage Not Final
Reaction score
You're also forgetting that people have been wanting a regional Growlithe since regional forms were a thing. Remember all the water/fire Alolan Growlithe rumors? I think at this point, between Gen VII and now, Game Freak or Nintendo or someone had to have picked up on that.

I'm also predicting a lot of disappointment when it is inevitably reveled that Arcanine looks like this:
Shiisaa_P5R.jpg

Kallyle

Starwalker Neo
Reaction score
You're also forgetting that people have been wanting a regional Growlithe since regional forms were a thing. Remember all the water/fire Alolan Growlithe rumors? I think at this point, between Gen VII and now, Game Freak or Nintendo or someone had to have picked up on that.

I'm also predicting a lot of disappointment when it is inevitably reveled that Arcanine looks like this:
How is that disappointing when it's practically based on it already?

Cute Charm

Game Footage Not Final
Reaction score
How is that disappointing when it's practically based on it already?
People wanting something awesome looking and getting something that doesn't meet their expectations (see the human-like nose and teeth).

Much like how people were predicting Alolan Persian was going to be a sleek black cat with glowing eyes....and not an allusion to real life persians but with a big round head and tiny body.

Oriden

May not return
Reaction score

Not really forgetting, it's just that I don't think that was the reason they chose it. The whole demand for a regional variant growlithe is really fanbase exclusive, not geared toward the broader audience, and fire/rock isn't exactly the variant anyone dreamed of- the popular vote was for a water-type, fire/rock is barely a change from plain fire, and a 4x weakness to Water and Ground isn't anything to sing about.

Doofy good boy is just a cute design.

Eeveely

ScVi HYPE!!!!
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/they
This isn't that likely but i had a random thought that I feel like sharing

If we're assuming there are some roadblocks to each area(the map in the trailer having them covered by clouds, might be just cause the player hasn't went there yet even tho they can), and if growlithe is related to the "pokeride" feature, what if arcanine can help melt the snow blocking your path in that northwestern area

I do think that it's more likely it was revealed for the same reason as wooloo and/or make people look forward to hisuian arcanine reveal

Oriden

May not return
Reaction score
This isn't that likely but i had a random thought that I feel like sharing

If we're assuming there are some roadblocks to each area(the map in the trailer having them covered by clouds, might be just cause the player hasn't went there yet even tho they can), and if growlithe is related to the "pokeride" feature, what if arcanine can help melt the snow blocking your path in that northwestern area

I do think that it's more likely it was revealed for the same reason as wooloo and/or make people look forward to hisuian arcanine reveal

Yeah, about that, what are we basing the blocked off areas on? I'm sure it wasn't the map, because that is a classic "you haven't been there yet" kind of cloud cover. I think there was text or something somewhere that said we would unlock some areas with our team rank or something?

I really hope that it'll be "there are some minor obstacles that need to be cleared or you'll need a ride to get past it" and not "dude at gate stops you from going there" kind of blocks.

Last edited:

Emmy

Cam Girl~
Reaction score
Every time I see the "Galaxy Expedition Team" my brain thinks of Explorers of Sky. I wonder if this game will capture any of the feel of the mystery dungeon games story or gameplay wise.
That reminds me, I wonder if there was a specific reason why they altered it in the English translation when in Japanese the groups name is exactly the same as Cyrus' group in D/P/P. :unsure: