• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

this is somewhat tangential to Hisui but still made me happy to find this by good chance; sort of the idea that Ride Pokemon/HM Pokemon etc really do have precedent in ancient creative and inspiring lore!!! :) :)

Legends

Zhang was known for wandering between the Fen River and Qin territories during his lifetime and was known to travel at least a thousand li per day on a white donkey or mule. When his journey was finished, he folded his mule up and placed it in his pocket or a small box. When he wished to use the mule again, he poured water on it from his mouth and the mule regained its form.

I really don't see it. Legends obviously doesn't need the Underground for Wild Area-esque biomes. This game isn't about gimmicks like mining or Secret Bases, either.

chrome_screenshot_1630957045711.png

So are the islands going to be inaccessible? I can't say I care unless they have the audacity to lock them behind DLC.

Last edited:
I really don't see it. Legends obviously doesn't need the Underground for Wild Area-esque biomes. This game isn't about gimmicks like mining or Secret Bases, either.

View attachment 149870

So are the islands going to be inaccessible? I can't say I care unless they have the audacity to lock them behind DLC.
From the map it looks like Cresselia and Darkarai islands may be there, considering there's a cloud covering them like for Stark Mountain (that we know for sure is in the game).

The clouds seem to be there to indicate areas that will be accessible (as we can see in the stylised promotional map). So I would think it's a possibility that some of the areas would be accessible.

I also think that if the game does well enough, those islands might be a way of providing areas for DLC or future updates.

So I don't think anyone brought up what the Grand Underground, will be in feudal Sinnoh? Hope there is 1. But how different will it be than the Grand Underground in BDSP such a deep question.

The original Underground was built by people who settled Sinnoh - it isn't naturally occuring. I would suggest that aspects of the Grand Underground would be the same, at least the tunnels connecting them.

We are getting aspects of resource gathering and crafting in the overworld, I don't think we need an undeground as well.

The original Underground was built by people who settled Sinnoh - it isn't naturally occuring. I would suggest that aspects of the Grand Underground would be the same, at least the tunnels connecting them.

We are getting aspects of resource gathering and crafting in the overworld, I don't think we need an undeground as well.
Hm, then maybe we will be building the Grand Underground, like as a post-game. Which will cause certain pokemon to go into them. And maybe cause some to permanently leave Hisui.

Hm, then maybe we will be building the Grand Underground, like as a post-game. Which will cause certain pokemon to go into them. And maybe cause some to permanently leave Hisui.

I don't think we'll be visiting or making the Underground in Legends, considering the NPC who gives you the Explorer Kit in Diamond/Pearl states that he was the first to go underground and dig some tunnels and I'm pretty sure that's about the entire backstory we get on the whole Underground right there. Between that and the vents located all over the Sinnoh region, pretty safe to say that it's a modern addition and not an old one.

So there'd be no real point as no Pokemon would be discovered that way. Do open world games even have underground places? What's the appeal?

The clouds seem to be there to indicate areas that will be accessible (as we can see in the stylised promotional map). So I would think it's a possibility that some of the areas would be accessible.
The stylized map has a giant cloud south of Hisui, but if Sinnoh is any indication (it should), there's nothing there. So it's hard to be enticed by the smaller clouds, especially with one of them being right next to northern Hisui (shouldn't Newmoon Island be further apart, and what about Fullmoon Island?). The in-game map has silly clouds over places we've seen in the trailers and stylized map, so go figure.

I also think that if the game does well enough, those islands might be a way of providing areas for DLC or future updates.
Too bad that they're going to be regular content in BDSP. Also, how are we supposed to be excited for the Battle Zone island when the stylized map reduces it to nothing more than a volcano? It looks much smaller than in the Sinnoh maps, which reminds me of the inaccessible Cinnabar volcano only seen in some stylized Kanto maps and the anime. If it were DLC content, it should look bigger because there's actually more to it than we saw in DPPt. A giant cloud over it would have been a lot more suspicious.

The stylized map has a giant cloud south of Hisui, but if Sinnoh is any indication (it should), there's nothing there. So it's hard to be enticed by the smaller clouds, especially with one of them being right next to northern Hisui (shouldn't Newmoon Island be further apart, and what about Fullmoon Island?). The in-game map has silly clouds over places we've seen in the trailers and stylized map, so go figure.

Too bad that they're going to be regular content in BDSP. Also, how are we supposed to be excited for the Battle Zone island when the stylized map reduces it to nothing more than a volcano? It looks much smaller than in the Sinnoh maps, which reminds me of the inaccessible Cinnabar volcano only seen in some stylized Kanto maps and the anime. If it were DLC content, it should look bigger because there's actually more to it than we saw in DPPt. A giant cloud over it would have been a lot more suspicious.
It's true that there's a cloud south of Hisui and that most likely nothing will be there. However, the fact that a cloud is covering Darkrai and Cresselia islands indicates that those islands MAY be in the game, because Stark Mountain is also covered by a cloud and we clearly saw it in the game. Fullmoon Island and Newmoon Island are close to the snowy part of Sinnoh in the original map, so they perfectly fit under the top-left cloud of the Hisui map.

Sinnoh.png

It's also possible that Stark Mountain is way bigger than what it looks like seen from a cliff far away from it. And the map is super stylized btw, look at the main village. But hey, maybe it was not a huge island back then.

So there'd be no real point as no Pokemon would be discovered that way. Do open world games even have underground places? What's the appeal?

I haven't seen an underground location in any open world game I've played (although there's been some speculation that BotW2 might have them, but the most recent trailer seems to indicate that it's expanding into the sky, not underground). There really wouldn't be much point in having an underground area aside from just more areas and more materials. You're absolutely correct in that anything we would need the Underground for in LA could just be done in the open world.

I don't think we'll be visiting or making the Underground in Legends, considering the NPC who gives you the Explorer Kit in Diamond/Pearl states that he was the first to go underground and dig some tunnels and I'm pretty sure that's about the entire backstory we get on the whole Underground right there. Between that and the vents located all over the Sinnoh region, pretty safe to say that it's a modern addition and not an old one.
I doubt the entire Underground was dug by 1 person, and however true this story is, I doubt this is something GF would want to prioritize, like they do with the Eviolite conundrum. And this could be an alternative universe to D/P, much like OR/AS was to R/S.

What could be really dope, is if the Underground was built by a powerful or legendary pokemon, who existed in the time of Hisui but left at the time of Sinnoh. Japan is known for earthquakes so they could always make some backstory where earthquakes wiped out certain species of pokemon (or caused them to flee Hisui).

But of course, what a waste it would be if they completely had no Grand Underground in Hisui, but at the same time, since the entire game is already in overworld, then of what need would they need to add a 3-D overworld in Grand Underground. What a coin toss.

I doubt the entire Underground was dug by 1 person, and however true this story is, I doubt this is something GF would want to prioritize, like they do with the Eviolite conundrum. And this could be an alternative universe to D/P, much like OR/AS was to R/S.

What could be really dope, is if the Underground was built by a powerful or legendary pokemon, who existed in the time of Hisui but left at the time of Sinnoh. Japan is known for earthquakes so they could always make some backstory where earthquakes wiped out certain species of pokemon (or caused them to flee Hisui).

But of course, what a waste it would be if they completely had no Grand Underground in Hisui, but at the same time, since the entire game is already in overworld, then of what need would they need to add a 3-D overworld in Grand Underground. What a coin toss.
It doesn't say that he dug the entire underground, it says that he was the first to go down there and start digging. Based on his quotes and interactions with the player, he's clearly since been handing out explorer kits to randos and teaching them to be spelunkers, which would've resulted in more people going down and digging tunnels. So he just started the whole thing- which effectively puts a date on the underground as being new.

Besides, do we really need the underground? We'll have enough running through caves with just the regular ones.

It doesn't say that he dug the entire underground, it says that he was the first to go down there and start digging. Based on his quotes and interactions with the player, he's clearly since been handing out explorer kits to randos and teaching them to be spelunkers, which would've resulted in more people going down and digging tunnels. So he just started the whole thing- which effectively puts a date on the underground as being new.
The way they showed the trailer, has dozens of pokemon in the secret biomes. If this implies pokemon gathered there for a while. In D/P, there were no wild pokemon roaming? So I think this is a slight alternative universe.
Besides, do we really need the underground? We'll have enough running through caves with just the regular ones.
I feel like if someone else forced this deadline to GF and GF had to make cuts, then the Grand Underground will be the cut.

The way they showed the trailer, has dozens of pokemon in the secret biomes. If this implies pokemon gathered there for a while. In D/P, there were no wild pokemon roaming? So I think this is a slight alternative universe.

I feel like if someone else forced this deadline to GF and GF had to make cuts, then the Grand Underground will be the cut.
??? deadline?

Grand Underground also only seems to exist to make up for the lack of GBA dual slot, and probably to make sense of cutting the dex to only the first four gens. Easier to slap "anything available in Sinnoh" on transfers if you've got everything already actually there. I wouldn't look much into it as an indicator of anything in regards to timelines or whatever.

Their release date.

The graphic art of the Grand Underground with Lucas and Dawn, has a Serperior statue in it. So I presume their national dex is more than the 1st 4 gens.
I really do hate to break it to you but that is a statue of Milotic, not Serperior. Believe me, I'd much rather it be Serperior myself.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom