• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

Personally, voice acting is like at the absolute bottom of my priority list. :X3: I’ve played lots of games with it and lots without and I can’t say it’s ever made much of a measurable difference to me. Whether it’s there in a game or not reads to me as just a stylistic choice.

I desire to talk about the map we see on the website
LegendsArceusMap.jpg
Just wanna talk about the logos, we have the yellow ones which i suspect to be like botw, little icons you manually place to indicate locations of things
Theres the camp looking icons which seem to be fast travel, along with archways which, maybe bring you to caves or something?
Oh and the music note icon which i... have no clue what could mean
Felt the desire to mention this even if it doesnt amount to much

I desire to talk about the map we see on the website
Just wanna talk about the logos, we have the yellow ones which i suspect to be like botw, little icons you manually place to indicate locations of things
Theres the camp looking icons which seem to be fast travel, along with archways which, maybe bring you to caves or something?
Oh and the music note icon which i... have no clue what could mean
Felt the desire to mention this even if it doesnt amount to much
Interesting. I wonder how the mission system will work. Will we only be doing one story mission at a time, but can do multiple side missions at once?

You know, the Bulbapedia article on Eviolite says it still works on male Combee and Salandit, despite they unable to evolve.

Which could have been a glitch back in Gen 5.

Or, is it? Maybe it was started as a glitch, but eventually, they can make a workaround, and give evolutions to male Combee and Salandit. Hopefully soon.

This was a pretty cool trailer. Having Wardens who take care of Noble Pokemon sounds pretty cool. It reminded me a lot of the Island Challenge from the seventh generation. I didn't really see it as Game Freak reusing an idea, but rather having a system in place that could potentially lead to the Gym and League system. Besides that, the Island Challenge was really fun and surprisingly challenging at points, so if the system here is anything like that, then I'll be pretty happy.

Mai and Arezu look cool and it's clear to see who their descendants are. I didn't pick up Lian as Clayton's ancestor at first, but I can definitely see it more in his official artwork. I figured that there would be some kind of trainer battles in the game. It would be much more rare compared to other main series games, but battling with Wardens could provide some different challenges aside from battling wild Pokemon.

I'm still not sure how I feel about Kleavor. When I saw the writeup on Serebii before I quickly watched the trailers, I thought it said a regional form of Sycther, not an evolved form. That along with the golden glow around it really threw me for a loop at first. I think it looks pretty cool and I think it's a unique way to make an ancient form of a Sycther. I don't think it stands out as much as the other regional forms/evolutions do thus far for me, but it still works and I'm sure it will grow on me more over time.

I'm glad that we have more customization options. I don't know if the outfits here stand out as much as the new outfits in BD/SP do for me, but having the options to change the player characters' appearance are always welcomed. The photos with our Pokemon were quite cute and charming too.

The Arc phone really caught me off guard, but it looks cool and I'm sure that it's going to lead us to Arceus. Having a Pokemon Ranch to take care of our Pokemon is a cute idea. Despite this taking place in the past, I honestly forgot that they'd have to find something else to store our Pokemon instead of using the PC box.

Once again, I miss everything thanks to work lol...

...But anyways...

I really enjoyed what was shared in the trailer and website informational deck. I'm not a huge fan of Kleavor's design but I find some aspects to be charming (weirdly enough, the eye shape reminds me of older Pokemon designs and maybe a beta 'mon concept? I'm not sure which one though).

I'm glad to see some more ancestors show up, which I know can be an unpopular opinion for some. Personally, I enjoy seeing the attempts to tie this game in with the modern Sinnoh region and its' notable residents and characters. I kind of assumed as soon as the Lucas/Dawn MPCs were revealed that we would see more, but it's still fun seeing some of the less obvious examples (and Clay, weirdly. Although that bit of info about Clay originating from abroad and moving to Unova justifies his presence).

The Arceus phone is a little strange and wouldn't be the direction I'd choose if I were in charge, however, it doesn't seem to world-breaking for me. I'm still immersed in the fantasy reality of Hisui lol.

Also, maybe I'm in the minority, but I really hope that voice-acting doesn't overtake the franchise. Grunts, huffs, whatever are fine, but I really don't need full on dialogue, especially if the acting is sub-par.

Fun fact: all the wardens who are ancestors of people that will live in the same region wear dialga uniforms (time), while Lian who is an ancestor of a character from another region wears Palkia uniform (space).
Wait, does this mean they’re just Galaxy Team people and not Ainu stand-ins? Or are they unaffiliated with our group?

Wait, does this mean they’re just Galaxy Team people and not Ainu stand-ins? Or are they unaffiliated with our group?
I would genuinely be very surprised if Gamefreak even touched the topic of the Ainu community outside of lore and cultural references. It's treated very controversially in Japan and I personally can't see them (and don't know if they can be trusted to) make any sort of appropriate or relevant statement regarding their existence in this game tbh.

Last edited:
I did notice that the player had a voice when catching a mon, even that much was surprising. Not sure how I feel about it. I've never really been a huge advocate for voice acting in Pokemon out of concern I won't like the voices, but I know there are people who would love it, so I'm not too opposed to it either.

Overall cool trailer, I wasn't as hype about it as the last one, but that was a high bar. I think I just expected most of the stuff we saw, like the ranch and the calling ride Pokemon. Seeing more ancestors is cool, I forgot about Mars so it's kinda nice seeing an ancestor that actually seems likable. It was cool finally seeing what that glowing Pokemon we saw in that early leak was, didn't realize it would be a new mon at the time. I didn't realize it was an evolution to Scyther at first, didn't look like it at all to me. Not a huge fan of it but it's kinda cool. The boss battle itself looked pretty fun. I still find it both awesome and terryfying that I'm actually gonna have to dodge angry monsters for my life in this game.

Can't say I saw God phone in this time period coming though. Really not sure how I feel about that.

Fun fact: all the wardens who are ancestors of people that will live in the same region wear dialga uniforms (time), while Lian who is an ancestor of a character from another region wears Palkia uniform (space).
Who is Iscan's descendant?

Nice trailer overall. It didn't show too much, but enough to make me think about the game. I really can't wait to play it!
The Japanese one was structured better, though. The English one cut some contents and structured awkwardly that made it less coherent, imo.

Based on Mars' dialogue, it's safe to assume that they're not a part of Galaxy Team. Maybe Hisuian counterpart of Ainu.

I have to admit the all Captains thing is a bit bittersweet. I like the idea of that but I also see GF trying to inject Gym Leaders in the game. I mean, It's like they can't resist giving a game the same structure. They said this game took place when people and humans kept separate lives and yet here come back trial captains and trainers battles. Same thing for the Arceus/Rotom Phone. Just find something else than a phone, come on.
Like HM said, it's like the Trial Captains of Alola, and could serve as a basis for Gym Leaders in the future. Also, I see them being able to bond with Pokémon in this era in which such a thing is uncommon as a testament to their skills.
Personally, voice acting is like at the absolute bottom of my priority list. :X3: I’ve played lots of games with it and lots without and I can’t say it’s ever made much of a measurable difference to me. Whether it’s there in a game or not reads to me as just a stylistic choice.
I agree. Voice acting doesn't make or break a Pokémon game for me. It really irked me when I saw a YouTube comment of someone saying that the lack of voice acting alone was a reason for them to dislike this game.
Also, maybe I'm in the minority, but I really hope that voice-acting doesn't overtake the franchise. Grunts, huffs, whatever are fine, but I really don't need full on dialogue, especially if the acting is sub-par.
I'm fine with the voice clips used in Pokémon Masters EX, but this kinds of simple sound effects that you described are fine by me too. They suit for a core series game, IMO.

Haven't seen it here yet, but it seems the flute is called "Celestica Flute" (not Azure Flute). I wonder how they'll be related to Celestic Town.

928_p10_01.jpg

Also the way Rei plays it reminds me of some traditional instrument, but I can't remember what.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom