• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

Daren

Unsung Hero
Reaction score
It's not Feudal Japan.
The galactic building is way too modern for that--it has smokestacks and later period interior decoration, and the Pokéballs seem to use some sort of steam powered technology. Some of the clothing is more modern, too. Professor Laventon wears a labcoat and some of the protagonists clothing shown is well past that era, too.

I think it's supposed to be a transition period with industrialization either starting up or fairly new. More like the 1700 or 1800s than the warring states.

Esserise

Operating without a T-437
Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
Not a fan of the protagonists owning what's effectively a smartphone in feudal Japan. Surely a notebook would've been fine :unsure:

This doesn't change your overall point since a smartphone is anachronistic either way, but it bears repeating that this isn't feudal Japan; it appears to be the equivalent of the Meiji era. So it's closer to the mid 1800s/early 1900s than the 1500s or earlier.

Also, funny enough, we actually do use a notebook as the Pokédex:

LA_Pok%C3%A9dex.png

:p

Esiouqrut

Greenish-Blue Trainer (?)
Reaction score
Pronouns
Жe/Жir/Жem
This comment just made me realize the obvious “alphas = Alpha Pokémon (Arceus)” connection, but since the Japanese in your post doesn’t match up with Arceus’s category in Japanese, I guess it’s just a Woolseyism on the English game’s part?

I didn't even realise this would counter the alpha Pokémon and Arceus are related, but yeah, it's just the translation. I'd assume it would be awkward to just translate "オヤブン" directly. "Boss" Pokémon would sounds like they're heavily related to the story, and "Leader"/"Chief" Pokémon is kind of uninspired.

Last edited:

Articfoxgamez

I Exist
Reaction score
At the very least, the way the website words it makes it seem like a device powered by weird arceus magic, that just happens to look like a smartphone. So its not electricity powered at the very least. Reminds me of BOTW's Sheikah slate and how its powered.

Esserise

Operating without a T-437
Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
I mean truth be told, I kinda like the GodPhone. It's an amusing little curveball to throw into the overall aesthetic. No one saw it coming, because it's just such a weird thing to put in a setting like this - but to me that just adds a fun bit of quirkiness to the lore. A small gesture that not everything is necessarily going to fall in line with the typical expectations for what a bygone-era Pokémon game might be like.

nickdt

Reaction score
I have a theory:

• In the first BDSP trailer we saw the Poketch with time set to 09:28 (yesterday we got news). In the last trailer we saw the Poketch set to this time:

View attachment 150582

• The Korean youtube trailer for Legends has this title: "[Official] Pokémon LEGENDS Arceus Latest Information Part 1 "Raging King and Queen".
  • From Arezu description in the official website, we learn that "She is tasked with the care of a certain lady Pokémon".

Putting all these info together, I'm guessing we are getting another trailer on October 9, which will be like a second part to this trailer, focusing on the queen pokémon that Arezu is tasked to take care of (maybe the Pokémon that will allow us to climb mountains?).

Unlikely, since October 9th is on a saturday.

NealIRC

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
And camera photography. Didn't that start in the 1800s? Though in the Pokemon world, camera photography started in the 1700s.

By the way, this Kleavor proves GF gives branched evolutions now. The last time they did that, was Mime Jr., then Eevee is Gen 6. But Mime Jr got a regional evolution, but can be thought of as a different pokemon because different elements. But Kleavor is the 1st regional evolution to give a new pokedex #.

So... GF won't just stop at Kleavor, right? What other pokemon is left that could get regional evos, besides Scyther?

I guess they could give Magby and Elekid to evolve Magmar Fire/Fighting and Electabuzz Electric/Fighting.

Last edited:

Oriden

May not return
Reaction score
And camera photography. Didn't that start in the 1800s? Though in the Pokemon world, camera photography started in the 1700s.

By the way, this Kleavor proves GF gives branched evolutions now. The last time they did that, was Mime Jr., then Eevee is Gen 6. But Mime Jr got a regional evolution, but can be thought of as a different pokemon because different elements. But Kleavor is the 1st regional evolution to give a new pokedex #.

So... GF won't just stop at Kleavor, right? What other pokemon is left that could get regional evos, besides Scyther?

I guess they could give Magby and Elekid to evovle Magmar Fire/Fighting and Electabuzz Electric/Fighting.

Well, Japan didn't industrialize until the late 1800s, so it still lines up chronologically.

Joker901

Reaction score

I guess they could give Magby and Elekid to evolve Magmar Fire/Fighting and Electabuzz Electric/Fighting.
We saw Electivire in the trailer. If any other pokemon will receive a branch evolution, I doubt we will see its traditional evolution in the game.

Oriden

May not return
Reaction score
We saw Electivire in the trailer. If any other pokemon will receive a branch evolution, I doubt we will see its traditional evolution in the game.
Unless it was like Gen 2 where we had Vileplume and Bellossom at the same time, but I don't think it would make sense with today's marketing.

Feudal Japan is from 1185 till 1600, so it does not line up chronologically.
It does because the game isn't set in the feudal era.

blitzle stan

Reaction score
Godphone is like the Shiekah slate probably... some magic device that bridges the gap between the games trying to be 'realistic' while needing some way to incorporate features or abilities that are very much NOT realistic.

Regarding Discussions about Leaks

TheCapsFan

Flowers for Vases
Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
MODERATOR NOTE
We've seen some discussion in this thread about recent leaks for Pokemon Legends: Arceus. As a reminder, please keep any discussion about leaks to the Leaks/Rumors thread, which can be found here. The content of this thread should be kept to speculation and discussion about official information only.

Thanks in advance,

The Pokemon Legends: Arceus Moderation Team

Esiouqrut

Reaction score
Pronouns
Жe/Жir/Жem
Some things (images are from Serebii's Pre-Release screenshot)

128.jpg

Some sub-area of Obsidian Fieldlands are greyed out (kind of), except for the top-left and bottom-right ones. The ones that aren't greyed out have a scroll and their name on it, so maybe to indicate that the area has been explored? IDK.

129.jpg

So apparently we'll lose our items if we black-out. Except if we have this green charm thingy. And there's 5 colour variant to it, which is weird if that's the only function it has.

Articfoxgamez

I Exist
Reaction score
128.jpg

Some sub-area of Obsidian Fieldlands are greyed out (kind of), except for the top-left and bottom-right ones. The ones that aren't greyed out have a scroll and their name on it, so maybe to indicate that the area has been explored? IDK.
The fact that the grayed out areas have the yellow icons on them make me think they have been explored. Not sure what else the gray could mean though, guess its possible the icons were placed from afar like that one function in botw
129.jpg

So apparently we'll lose our items if we black-out. Except if we have this green charm thingy. And there's 5 colour variant to it, which is weird if that's the only function it has.
Odds are the different colors have different effects. They are just the same charm design wise so they have the same name.
(Also side note, wonder what the little circular icon next to the gender icon could be for)

KirbyBulba737

Unova Confirmed!
Reaction score
The fact that the grayed out areas have the yellow icons on them make me think they have been explored. Not sure what else the gray could mean though, guess its possible the icons were placed from afar like that one function in botw

Odds are the different colors have different effects. They are just the same charm design wise so they have the same name.
(Also side note, wonder what the little circular icon next to the gender icon could be for)
Maybe if it is an Alpha? You can see the symbol more clearly in anothe rpart of the trailer.

Articfoxgamez

I Exist
Reaction score
Maybe if it is an Alpha? You can see the symbol more clearly in anothe rpart of the trailer.
If that is the case, makes me wonder if Alpha Pokemon are just generally stronger, even after you have caught them. Might make them objectively better party members if its too drastic though. Or if its just a case of being able to know if it was an alpha Pokemon... just because, with it not really meaning anything.

Esiouqrut

Reaction score
Pronouns
Жe/Жir/Жem

I'm guessing that the yellow icons are just stamps you can put anywhere in your map (as you said, like in BotW) and the only purpose it does in this image is to show that it can be done.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. But it's still weird that they choose to design the items similarly if that's it's only purpose.
And good catch with that icon.

If that is the case, makes me wonder if Alpha Pokemon are just generally stronger, even after you have caught them. Might make them objectively better party members if its too drastic though. Or if its just a case of being able to know if it was an alpha Pokemon... just because, with it not really meaning anything.

The website seems to imply that they are stronger even after being caught. They surely will be better party members, but if only you can catch them.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus website said:
"They’re tough opponents, but they’ll become great allies if you manage to catch them."

Top Bottom