• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

Heres how I predict the wardens will go, there will be two of them for each area, and there seems to be four areas.
One warden will give you a new ride pokemon, and the other will be in charge of that areas boss.
Which makes up a total of 8 wardens just like the gym leader, with the potential for one final, champion like warden you have to get past to fight Arceus.

Mai seems to hang out in the starting area, with Lian also being there with the boss.
Then Iscan (to me) looks to be hanging out in that more, watery area, which fits with his ride Pokemon being basculeigon.
Then we have Arezu which we have only seen in Jubilife Village.

Heres how I predict the wardens will go, there will be two of them for each area, and there seems to be four areas.
One warden will give you a new ride pokemon, and the other will be in charge of that areas boss.
Which makes up a total of 8 wardens just like the gym leader, with the potential for one final, champion like warden you have to get past to fight Arceus.

Mai seems to hang out in the starting area, with Lian also being there with the boss.
Then Iscan (to me) looks to be hanging out in that more, watery area, which fits with his ride Pokemon being basculeigon.
Expanding on this, I would assume the Braviary Warden to be in the snowy area sense the website seems to suggest thats what Braviary likes, which would put that leaked seeming ride pokemon in the fourth area (The middle bottom area)

I don't know. In the past, they revealed one gym leader par trailer. So having 4/8 wardens revealed in the same trailer 4 months before release is a bit too much. They revealed 4 captains in Alola in the first trailer about them, but we also had Kahuna back then. This would basically mean they will reveal all them by release, which I don't think it's the case.
Imo there are more (12 maybe?)

I don't know. In the past, they revealed one gym leader par trailer. So having 4/8 wardens revealed in the same trailer 4 months before release is a bit too much. They revealed 4 captains in Alola in the first trailer about them, but we also had Kahuna back then. This would basically mean they will reveal all them by release, which I don't think it's the case.
Imo there are more (12 maybe?)

Legends is also a unique game with more to show off, though, so they don't really have to reveal to us more wardens- heck, they could just reveal more about the ones we've already seen. After all, we still don't know Arezu's pokemon yet.

I also had a similar thought, but I think there'll be 5 areas (Obsidian Fieldlands, snowy area, beach area, marshland area, and Mount Coronet).
Which means we'll get 10 Wardens. Still not sure about champion equivalent, though.
Adding to that, one Warden will be from Diamond Clan (like Mai, Iscan, Arezu) and the other will be from Pearl Clan (like Lian).
And I think mountain climbing ride will make more sense in the Mount Coronet area.

I also had a similar thought, but I think there'll be 5 areas (Obsidian Fieldlands, snowy area, beach area, marshland area, and Mount Coronet).
Which means we'll get 10 Wardens. Still not sure about champion equivalent, though.
Adding to that, one Warden will be from Diamond Clan (like Mai, Iscan, Arezu) and the other will be from Pearl Clan (like Lian).
And I think mountain climbing ride will make more sense in the Mount Coronet area.
I more see Coronet as an area with no warden, just Arceus as the boss of the area.
And the climbing makes sense in the bottom area, its deserty and surrounded by mountain on both sides (And the very end of the game just feels like, too late to get rock climbing).

So Oriden, how do we know the game is not set in the feudal era? Can I ask what era it's set in?
Since Professor Lavender appears to be based on Thomas Blakiston during his research in Japan and he’s working in a building blatantly modelled after the Sapporo Government Office, that would date the setting of Hisui to a vague area of somewhere around 1880-1890.

I wonder what Pokemon the official website is referring to by "lady Pokemon".

Arezu is supposed to be the Warden in charge of this Pokemon. My gut instinct would be that it would be a variation of a more feminine Pokemon we already know....like Gardevoir, Gothitelle, Tsareena etc......but I guess it could also be a split evolution for a Pokemon that has a more feminine appearance.

Arezu is supposed to be the Warden in charge of this Pokemon. My gut instinct would be that it would be a variation of a more feminine Pokemon we already know....like Gardevoir, Gothitelle, Tsareena etc......but I guess it could also be a split evolution for a Pokemon that has a more feminine appearance.
If a more masculine Pokémon gets a split evolution feminine counterpart, it was would be pretty funny if it turned out to be a female Machoke evolution. No idea why that came to my mind.

It's almost impossible to guess. They could have given a new form or a new evolution to any old pokemon.
Imo the original pokemon is not feminine though. If it is the new form/evolution will be quite redundant.
What's the point of another form of Tsareena or evolution for Steenee when Tsareena is already a female/queen pokemon?

Considering the grass coloration of Arezu's bracelet, my vote is still with it being possibly a Lilligant evo or a new pokemon entirely.
So, if we take that into account and apply it to a Pokémon that currently seems masculine, then I think it could be either a Lombre evolution or a Nuzleaf one.

So, if we take that into account and apply it to a Pokémon that currently seems masculine, then I think it could be either a Lombre evolution or a Nuzleaf one.
Not necessarily? An already feminine pokemon could get a more "noble" or "lady-like” evolution a la Tsareena. Or a gender neutral Pokémon.

Neither Ludicolo nor Shiftry are particularly masculine pokemon, though, and they both already have male and female variants.

I don't think there are really any Grass-types that are strikingly masculine to warrant a female evolution, like how Gardevoir was particularly feminine and so we received Gallade.

((Oh, and possible point in Lilligant's favor, its Japanese name seems that it might have "lady" in the name?))

Last edited:
PfdWE6u.png

Here's the best look we can get at Arezu's bracelet.

Keeping in mind that the other bracelets seem to orient with the top of the symbol pointing toward their hand-

tny5zCN.png
8m6n7On.png

Also notable is that the Kleavor and Wyrdeer bracelets both have little colored bits to match the pearls on Wyrdeer and the stone on top of Kleavor's head- Arezu's looks like it might also have something similar in pink? It's hard to make out from the wood coloring.

Last edited:
Thanks for the picture comparison! It’s clear now that the bracelets’ bands are the main color of the Pokémon’s body. Wyrdeer white and Kleavor khaki.

Arezu’s band is literally Lilligant green… hard to say if that is evidence for or against Lilligant since evolution usually changes color.

And there is definitely is a lilac-colored pearl on the band, same as the Kleavor stone and Wyrdeer pearls. It seems like the area above the pearl has been wiped off though, like the developers took it out just to be safe. lol

The combination screams grass type with a lilac-colored, circular flower or fruit on the top of its head (looking at the orientation of it compared to the Wyrdeer bracelet). While a Lilligant evolution would match that exactly, I also don’t see a type change for that (and the evolutions are all adding or changing types so far).

Edit: my mind is now singularly thinking of a Grass/Fairy Lotad evolution (something feminine with a lotus bloom on its head). It lines up with the traditional Japanese aesthetic a lot of the regional forms are taking, and I’m thinking it could create lily pad bridges to get over rivers before you get Basculegion (assuming all the nobles help you, like Kleavor cutting dense bushes).

Last edited:
Thanks for the picture comparison! It’s clear now that the bracelets’ bands are the main color of the Pokémon’s body. Wyrdeer white and Kleavor khaki.

Arezu’s band is literally Lilligant green… hard to say if that is evidence for or against Lilligant since evolution usually changes color.

And there is definitely is a lilac-colored pearl on the band, same as the Kleavor stone and Wyrdeer pearls. It seems like the area above the pearl has been wiped off though, like the developers took it out just to be safe. lol

The combination screams grass type with a lilac-colored, circular flower or fruit on the top of its head (looking at the orientation of it compared to the Wyrdeer bracelet). While a Lilligant evolution would match that exactly, I also don’t see a type change for that (and the evolutions are all adding or changing types so far).

Edit: my mind is now singularly thinking of a Grass/Fairy Lotad evolution (something feminine with a lotus bloom on its head). It lines up with the traditional Japanese aesthetic a lot of the regional forms are taking, and I’m thinking it could create lily pad bridges to get over rivers before you get Basculegion (assuming all the nobles help you, like Kleavor cutting dense bushes).

Oh damn, I thought the colors were tied to their type, but you're actually right--

e1WFoKv.png

Turns out, Iscan's isn't blue like I thought, it's Basculegion green.

Granted, the majority of grass-types are green anyway.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom