• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

I saw aDrives vid where he mentioned it.
Is he credible? I'll be honest, I'd take anything a (I'm assuming) Poketuber says with a grain of salt. Having no online connectivity for these games is a bit of a surprise to me when connecting with others has been hailed as a core part of the franchise since its inception. Granted, these games themselves are breaking new ground so that's still a possibility.

Is he credible? I'll be honest, I'd take anything a (I'm assuming) Poketuber says with a grain of salt. Having no online connectivity for these games is a bit of a surprise to me when connecting with others has been hailed as a core part of the franchise since its inception. Granted, these games themselves are breaking new ground so that's still a possibility.

He took it from a source, which he presented (Don't know if its reliable though).

Then where would you put the release dates of BDSP? I think it was planned like that from get-go because there are several talks about a new switch system that might come out next year and a new pokemon game to promote it is the best way for the Nintendo

Sometime in the first half of 2021. BDSP seems like a small appetizer and BDSP and LA feel like two sides of the same coin both being Sinnoh games, so I think they might have wanted them to release in the same year.

I found a YouTube comment that explains the starter choices:
Ngl, I hope this ties into the main plot somehow.

If the game takes place somewhere in the mid-late 1800s (based on the lab screenshot looking pretty modern-ish?), then that would place it in the period of history where Japan was all gung-ho about colonialism, development and westernization stuff in the northern parts of the country (i.e. Hokkaido), where the Ainu people live. Sinnoh being based on Hokkaido ties in with all that. Based on the whole settler thing that seems to be happening in the game, I can see this having a major role in whatever plot GF comes up with here.

A Pokemon plot dealing with topics like colonialism and treatment of indigenous people would be really heavy compared to the series' standard fare, but it'd be kind of a nice change of pace :unsure:

coincindentally, this exact topic was also the topic of one of my classes this week

Based on the introduction of the starters being Pokemon a professor found on their excursions through other regions, I'd venture to guess they're some of the only outsider Pokemon available in these games. Since the game is all about completing the first Sinnoh Dex, I feel like it will largely be based on Pokemon we know are found in Sinnoh, but then again this could easily be chalked up to another version of the multiverse, they could include Pokemon we know can be found in the post games of Sinnoh games. But I think the starters are more so the exception rather than the norm, meaning we should expect to see mostly Sinnoh Pokemon.

Now before anyone goes and starts thinking this game might be good, I have bad news to bear:

6.jpg

The trees are N64 :cry:

Well here's your open world Pokemon, now where to start...
I kinda like the presentation? The world actually feels alive, while the battles look good from the trailer alone. Trees and graphics aside, Gamefreak outdid themselves on the look of the world and overworld combat - if this is just a trial for Gen IX I'm all for it. And the concept of "Inventing the Sinnoh Pokedex in feudal Japan" already has my attention. And the fact that it's due in 2022? Consider me intrigued Gamefreak.

Based on the introduction of the starters being Pokemon a professor found on their excursions through other regions, I'd venture to guess they're some of the only outsider Pokemon available in these games. Since the game is all about completing the first Sinnoh Dex, I feel like it will largely be based on Pokemon we know are found in Sinnoh, but then again this could easily be chalked up to another version of the multiverse, they could include Pokemon we know can be found in the post games of Sinnoh games. But I think the starters are more so the exception rather than the norm, meaning we should expect to see mostly Sinnoh Pokemon.

It probably also depends on what BDSP includes.

You know, considering how real life owls in Hawaii have gone extinct...

What if the nameless Professor inexplicably saved the Rowlet line and they like found an unexplained pocket of archer owls living in Sinnoh and just reintroduced them to Alola?

Dark timeline: the professor killed all the owls in Alola and brought the Starter one home as a trophy

Please note: The thread is from 11 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom