• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

From the description, we knew that it has fluffy white fur on top of the head and around the neck, meaning that not all the body is white. I'm assuming the body will be mostly red, because he's mistaken it for Growlithe and Vulpix. Ice/Fire, maybe? Though Ghost is more fitting with the whole atmosphere of the footage.
Exactly, this Pokémon must be mostly red, because the person first thinks it is Growlithe (Hisuian Growlithe specifically, since they are a Hisuian person) and then Vulpix. And red almost always means Fire type.

Although it is weird to have a new regional variant look confusingly similar to another new regional variant…

Exactly, this Pokémon must be mostly red, because the person first thinks it is Growlithe (Hisuian Growlithe specifically, since they are a Hisuian person) and then Vulpix. And red almost always means Fire type.

Although it is weird to have a new regional variant look confusingly similar to another new regional variant…

Even if it was regular growlithe, you're still looking at a red/brown/orange-ish pokemon. XD

Couldn't be that similar, though, because of the red tail tip that neither vulpix nor growlithe have.

I found this cool fanart:
FCEml0eVkAAvYcc
Source

Last edited by a moderator:
I love how this thread was just everyone going thru every canine/feline pokemon out there.

Im team zorua rn but one thing im more curious abt is the context of this footage; another user pointed out it seems to be in route 217, and since the description makes me think it's footage from the past that has been found in the future+plus the scientist calling this a strange device+the website calling the arc phone mysterious, im 99% sure it's an arc phone that this scientist found(and doesn't know where it's from or what it is)

But since the website says we find the arc phone early on in our journey iirc(the obsidian fieldlands and not the snowy area im assuming), does that mean the scientist found it after the death of the player? Are there two separate arc phones? Did this guy survive only to die in the obsidian fieldlands? Was there someone else who had the arc phone before the player and after this guy? Is this guy the player character himself and he found the phone earlier but is still figuring it out? Is this trailer even canon in-universe? Why am i going insane? When will i stop asking questions and making this post unnecessarily long?

Tl;dr i like conspiracies can't wait to learn more abt the arc phone and maaaybe this guy if he's actually a character in the game

Yeah, I’m unfortunately team Zorua… everything just matches too well. I say “unfortunately” because it’s yet another Gen 5 Pokémon that’s not Blitzle. Haha For real though… that’s a LOT of Gen 5 variants in Gen 8, relative to everything else. My poor Blitzle…

It’s safe to say the white and red kitsune masks are a basis for the design, since they match the colors and are very traditionally Japanese like so many other Hisuian variants so far.

I wonder of the Inari statues will also be a basis? It would make them a counterpart in design to Growlithe (which they mistook it for), and they usually have red bibs. Either way, I don’t really see fire type anymore… with the red coming from traditional Japanese design and not fire. Could be Dark/Ice, Dark/Rock (if also based in statue), Dark/Ghost… or not even Dark type.

Yeah, I’m unfortunately team Zorua… everything just matches too well. I say “unfortunately” because it’s yet another Gen 5 Pokémon that’s not Blitzle. Haha For real though… that’s a LOT of Gen 5 variants in Gen 8, relative to everything else. My poor Blitzle…

It’s safe to say the white and red kitsune masks are a basis for the design, since they match the colors and are very traditionally Japanese like so many other Hisuian variants so far.

I wonder of the Inari statues will also be a basis? It would make them a counterpart in design to Growlithe (which they mistook it for), and they usually have red bibs. Either way, I don’t really see fire type anymore… with the red coming from traditional Japanese design and not fire. Could be Dark/Ice, Dark/Rock (if also based in statue), Dark/Ghost… or not even Dark type.
I'm definitely Team Zorua as well, if only because Inari is canonically Shaymin in the Sinnoh mythology (seen on Floaroma's town sign). Would that make the Zorua/Vulpix families the servants of Shaymin? If so, how?

(I also want to see some text referring to Zoroark as a kitsune in Sinnoh's language, if only because it would give me the as-yet-unseen 'ne' kana... it's not too likely, but a translator can hope.)

Well that was a random teaser :wynaut:

Like everyone else. I'm curious what this new Pokemon could be :unsure: Zorua could definitely be a likely possibility, but what if its an entirely new Pokemon altogether?

Yeah, I think this is gonna be Hisuian Zorua, which I'd love to see. I wanna point out some observation I saw on reddit. At some point in the video, the guy says its 7:06, then corrects himself saying 7:07. They pointed out Zorua and Zoroark's numbers in the Unova dex are 76 and 77.

01ym3mglqfu71.png

I wanna draw attention to this frame. When the guy is attacked, you're able to see what appears to be an arm swiping and what could be the face of a Zoroark.

Yeah, I think this is gonna be Hisuian Zorua, which I'd love to see. I wanna point out some observation I saw on reddit. At some point in the video, the guy says its 7:06, then corrects himself saying 7:07. They pointed out Zorua and Zoroark's numbers in the Unova dex are 76 and 77.

View attachment 151338

I wanna draw attention to this frame. When the guy is attacked, you're able to see what appears to be an arm swiping and what could be the face of a Zoroark.
I... don't see anything but a blur. XD

An ice type hisuian Zorua/zoroark would be cool. Zorua/zoroark cant even be found wild in the unova region. The first time a Zoroark could be found naturaly in the wild was in kalos, even there, it was in pokemon vilage or nearby it. Pokemon Village has a backstory of being a place in wich pokemon hide from people that did terrible things to them. So, they could have been brought there by people. The first time we see zorua in the wild is in alola ( US/UM). The second time we naturaly found wild zorua was in isle of armour. Coincidentally , theres a guy that loses a bunch of alolan diglets there and gives alolan pokemon to you. So, the zorua we know now might be its alolan form.

Its original form could have been its hisuian form, some of them were taken to alola as pets , just like meowth, and it lost its white fur and ice type because of the warmer climate. Hisuian zorua disapeared, so only alolan zorua/zoroark remains. Even if the pokemon in the video is not hisuian zorua , the alolan zorua theory still stands.

That’s some good analysis, but N clearly finds wild Zorua in Unova in flashback cutscenes. The player can’t encounter them, but that doesn’t mean they were never there.

I hope we don’t get an Ice type Zorua. I mean, we already have Alolan Vulpix and that’s cute and fluffy already. I hope we get a Fairy/Fire
We had regular vulpix, that is cute and fluffy, but stil got regular zorua, that is cute and fluffy. The snowy background screams ice type. Hisuian zorua might be ice/dark. It could be better than weavile if it has similar speed , and illusion.

We had regular vulpix, that is cute and fluffy, but stil got regular zorua, that is cute and fluffy. The snowy background screams ice type. Hisuian zorua might be ice/dark. It could be better than weavile if it has similar speed , and illusion.

It could just as well be a fire-type in order to adapt to the cold environment. Best way to handle the cold, you either become a popsicle yourself or bring your own heater.

Ice/fire would be an interesting type combo, too... for something other than Zen Galarian Darmanitan.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom