• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

That’s some good analysis, but N clearly finds wild Zorua in Unova in flashback cutscenes. The player can’t encounter them, but that doesn’t mean they were never there.
Its said in bw games that ghetsis only showed to N pokemon that were abused by people. in order to manipulate him. So, that zorua likely belonged to an abusive trainer before.

Someone on Twitter posted this and I think I can vaguely make out a shape here

I think I can at least see 2 Big Ears lol
20211020_023255.jpg

One thing that doesn't make sense about the Zorua theory is that it's Pokédex entries all mention it to be a very timid Pokémon that uses its Illusion to escape or avoid detection, and Zoroark uses its Illusion to camouflage its den so it won't be discovered. In the video the researcher clearly gets attacked or at least freaked out after spotting the Pokémon, which means whatever he saw must be aggressive towards him. This doesn't reflect the usual behaviour of Zorua and Zoroark who use other ways of defense than simply attacking their enemies.

Hypothetically, if it was Hisuian Zorua, its behaviour would be very much altered from the Zorua we know and what might've happened is that the moment it was spotted it used its Illusion to terrify the researcher and scare it away. This would mean Hisuian Zorua uses its Ability as an offensive tool rather than to hide and avoid detection like the timid regular Zorua. This certainly sounds possible and it'd make sense for the Zorua line to receive a unique kind of reveal too since it's been considered a "special" Pokémon since the start.

An ice type hisuian Zorua/zoroark would be cool.

Please no. The fox Pokemon share too many types with each other.

Alolan Vulpix is like the only unique one, type-wise. I'd rather it stay that way.

...No, I'm not counting the Eevee family.. How much fox they have in them is up for debate.

Last edited:
One thing that doesn't make sense about the Zorua theory is that it's Pokédex entries all mention it to be a very timid Pokémon that uses its Illusion to escape or avoid detection, and Zoroark uses its Illusion to camouflage its den so it won't be discovered. In the video the researcher clearly gets attacked or at least freaked out after spotting the Pokémon, which means whatever he saw must be aggressive towards him. This doesn't reflect the usual behaviour of Zorua and Zoroark who use other ways of defense than simply attacking their enemies.

Hypothetically, if it was Hisuian Zorua, its behaviour would be very much altered from the Zorua we know and what might've happened is that the moment it was spotted it used its Illusion to terrify the researcher and scare it away. This would mean Hisuian Zorua uses its Ability as an offensive tool rather than to hide like the timid regular Zorua. This certainly sounds possible and it'd make sense for the Zorua line to receive a unique kind of reveal too since it's been considered a "special" Pokémon since the start.
All Pokemon in Hisui generally may act differently than past Pokedex entries because this is a region and time where Pokemon don't interact with humans much. I expect most Pokemon to be more aggressive toward humans.

It could also be an Alpha Pokemon, which we know will be aggressive due to whatever is happening to them.

So it's settled. A Ice/Fire is the best Hisuian Zorua. Cuz we already have 5 fire fox, 2 ice fox, as well as another 2 dark fox in Gen 8.

And our current Ice/Fire can only be at 50% health. Ice/Fire can be delusional, yea?

So it's settled. A Ice/Fire is the best Hisuian Zorua. Cuz we already have 5 fire fox, 2 ice fox, as well as another 2 dark fox in Gen 8.

And our current Ice/Fire can only be at 50% health. Ice/Fire can be delusional, yea?
... But we already do have 5 fire foxes. So while I'm not knocking the idea, it would just be another fire fox. Personally, an Ice/Ghost type would be cool.

I've been thinking about it, and the only other pokemon that the description makes me think of is Minccino/Cinccinno. I can't really envision what a regional variant would look like, though.
A Mincinno/Cincinno variant sounds like a cool idea! I could see a variant being a Fairy-type that takes the Pokemon's obsession with cleanliness up to eleven, or perhaps one goes the exact opposite direction and becomes a messy Ground-type instead.

That said, Minccino/Cinccino is highly unlikely here, since the comparison to Growlithe and Vulpix heavily implies that the Pokemon in question is a canid. However, I think Rockruff/Lycanroc could be another possibility because of this. I don't think it's as likely as Zorua/Zoroark given the large number of inari kitsune hints we've gotten from leaks, but if it does turn out to be Rockruff/Lycanroc, I could see it being based on the Hokkaido Wolf, which went extinct in the late 19th century.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom