• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

I'm hyped for this idea. What if all the original Sinnoh starters get "ancient" forms?
Ancient Infernape like the protagonist for Journey to the West
Ancient Torterra being something similar to the legend of the Black Tortoise
Ancient Empoleon maybe representing a Poseidon/Triton-like figure.

I most definitely think there's a catch to the traditional Sinnoh Starters, cause I otherwise don't see a reason to change them.

That said, I also expect Arceus' Form with which it shaped the world. I can't imagine that a game that builds on Sinnoh's lore for there to not be anything special to Arceus other than "Goat shoved into a fence".

I most definitely think there's a catch to the traditional Sinnoh Starters, cause I otherwise don't see a reason to change them.

That said, I also expect Arceus' Form with which it shaped the world. I can't imagine that a game that builds on Sinnoh's lore for there to not be anything special to Arceus other than "Goat shoved into a fence".
Arceus Original Form?

I get Rowlet and Oshawott, but why Cyndaquill? That's random.

I am liking the art style of the ancient Sinnoh region though. I hope there's more than one town though. And a bit more of a plot than just going around catching Pokemon and learning about Arceus.

Cyndaquil is popular though...

I'm guessing the Sinnoh starters were off the table straight away because they were the starters for the remakes. The Galar starters were likely off limits too because of them being from the current gen. So if they went with Rowlet and Oshawott that would mean gens 7 and 5 are off limits.

So that leaves Charmander, Cyndaquil, Torchic and Fennekin. Maybe they just decided to go with a fire starter that was popular but hadn't gotten much love recently. (no megas or gigantamax forms)

Edit: Also I forgot to mention, but Sinnoh has a special connection with Johto so maybe they wanted to add one of the Johto mons as a starter because of that.

I really like the mixture of starters, I'd like to see more games like this that shake up the starters on offer.

Last edited:
Okay... This game came out of left field, and I'm thrilled to see a game like this be created - and way more that the Diamond/Pearl remakes.

The only question, given the rapid development schedule of mainline games, is whether it will actually deliver properly in game quality. Open world games take a LOT of effort to develop and execute properly, so I can only imagine bad things happening if it got overly rushed to the masses. Hence why I will await the reviews before I ever pick this one up.

I'm excited but also a bit nervous. Like I said in the other thread when it was revealed, I couldn't really get into BOTW and the open-world mechanics were overwhelming for me, but to be fair it was also my first Zelda experience, so there was a lot I didn't know. Might be better with Pokemon. It does look amazing. Still really interesting the amount of experimenting they're doing with Sinnoh, between this and outsourcing the remakes.

Was an interesting idea to mix up the starter selection with starters from different regions. My only minor complaint so far is that the starter choices are mostly some of my least favorites. Might just end up catching one of the starters that seem to be roaming and box mine.

With this format, I can see some regions having profit for this.

Kanto had a war, Unova had the Original Dragon splitting into two dragons leading to the creation of the region Unova as we know it today, Kalos had AZ and the Great War.

This opens up a lot of interesting paths to take.

Kanto had a war, Unova had the Original Dragon splitting into two dragons leading to the creation of the region Unova as we know it today, Kalos had AZ and the Great War.

Man I really hope you're right, if so the main series of Pokemon just potentially changed forever.

After talking for a bit with my dad, he thinks they're using Breath of the Wild's engine as a base and building the game around it. That seems pretty likely to me, and hopefully that means they can focus on the main meat of the game without having to spend time building any engine.

As of now, I'm hopeful. What they've shown so far is very rudimentary, but I expect we'll see things like NPCs and towns more in the future. Hopefully there's more content than just catching Pokemon to occupy us, and it is a truly expansive game like Breath of the Wild.

I'm excited but also a bit nervous. Like I said in the other thread when it was revealed, I couldn't really get into BOTW and the open-world mechanics were overwhelming for me, but to be fair it was also my first Zelda experience, so there was a lot I didn't know.

I relate to you somewhat. Genshin Impact is open-world and half the time I don't know what I'm doing or where I'm going and just end up dawdling around. (But Genshin has a lot to do so there's always something to do no matter where on the map you are, but I will have been fine if the map was a lot smaller.)

Have faith though. I'm sure it'll be fine.

The game has severe frame drops. I hope they'll have the time to optimize it.

Yes and you can potentially create the Alola region.

And i think this game is proof that the Wild Area's in Sword and Shield were just a test for Gamefreak too see if they could pull it off.

I also wonder if we get some different evolution mechanics for some Pokemon, which changed over the course of centuries.

AHHHH!!! I'm still freaking out! I'm just so in love with these games already and I've barely seen 3 minutes of footage!

We are in the time of an open-world Pokemon game and I still can't even fathom that. I thought we were years off of that.

I actually really like that our first open-world Pokemon game is going to be in a region that we already know, but in a time period, we don't know for that region. I have always wanted to see a Pokemon game that takes place in the past, and we are finally getting that and I am so excited. It makes me wonder about what the story could look like, what the other characters will be like. Pokemon has very briefly explored the idea of the past of the Pokemon world, but never this much.

I am so freaking hyped. I'll probably post way more of my thoughts later.

I doubt it will.

I do think they'll be compatible with HOME, but yeah, I don't see them interacting with SwSh or BDSP (at least not directly).

Incidentally... I assume this means Dexit will actually not be fully repaired? All Pokémon may end up being usable across Gen 8, but not within a single game, just as they originally said.

Please note: The thread is from 11 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom