• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

We really don’t know that it’s strictly single-player yet. We’ve technically never had a strictly single player main series game. Ever. Don’t see why it would start with what appears to be their most ambitious project to date. Even the vast majority of Pokémon spin-offs have some form of multiplayer capacity.

Yeah, this is why I'm always cautious about Merrick's "leaks". He was already multiple times wrong before, so that's why I don't automatically accept everything he says. I still have bad dreams from that one time when he said the then-newest game was supposed to have a "tutorial" during which we would gain no exp.

So what exactly is this game meant to be? Just exploring the region capturing Pokemon? Are there even going to be villages or small cities? I like the idea of the game, but it has no multiplayer and it's a single player only entry. It has to offer a lot to be worth it.
We hardly know anything about the game yet. I think it's safe to assume, though, that there will be more story than just Pokémon collecting. Like, say, uncovering stuff about Arceus, leading up to confronting it as the game's final boss. I'd also love to see some references to the Pokémon games taking place in modern time, like ancestors of characters we know or locations we've seen in the previous Sinnoh games (besides Mt. Coronet, of course).

Mmm, excuse me?

Sinnoh.png

I know this doesn't mean we will have new pokemon/forms for sure..but at least it confirms it will not be d/p/p dex 1:1.

I doubt it and hope against it. At the very least, it needs nerfing.

They could just move forward with the changes made to it in SwSh - it doesn't severely hinder visibility in the overworld, and in battle it's just Misty Terrain. I feel like it's too good of a tool for atmospheric purposes to just discard it completely. Some places in Sinnoh, like the Sendoff Spring, would look really cool and mysterious under a coat of fog.

If this is a single player game, and there's only one version... does that mean we'll be able to catch 'em all without trading, for the first time ever in a main series game? If so, count me in!

Considering there's no transition during battles and catching, does this mean pokemon will evolve in the overworld?

That would be neat! Personally, I've always liked the idea of Pokemon evolving mid-battle like in the anime.

Last edited:
If this is a single player game, and there's only one version... does that mean we'll be able to catch 'em all without trading, for the first time ever in a main series game? If so, count me in!
I'm wondering if trade evolutions will be replaced with something else or they will simply make pokemon who evolve through trade unable to evolve.

I'm wondering if trade evolutions will be replaced with something else or they will simply make pokemon who evolve through trade unable to evolve.
They've been moving away from trade evolution in the recent gens by having the evolutions in the wild.

They can also just change the hold items to naturally occurring location based evolution.

So there's this theory now...

I think it IS coincidence, the starter Pokemon were most likely chosen because they represent ancient styles of combat, and Cynthia's appearances in those regions have little to do with the starters. She's in HGSS because Sinjoh Ruins are midway between Johto and Sinnoh and are closely related to her region's legends, she's in BW/BW2 because a famous trainer from her region (that she is apparently friends with) is an Elite 4 member there, and she's in Alola because the Battle Tree is a 20th anniversary feature. I think it's plausible that her ancestor could be the professor, her family has prominent ties to the region and its history and lore, but I doubt time travel is going to be involved in this case.

I mean, its a coincidence, else we can flag another character: Looker

Looker has appeared in Unova and Alola, however he also appeared in Hoenn, due to the Ultra Worm Hole. You could get all the starters that were available at the time in Hoenn (Cyndaquil and Oshawott) while he could have gotten Rowlet in Alola + you can get Cyndaquil and Oshawotts line in Alola as well via QR code.

It only said the professor travelled to distance regions, but it did not say which region. For all we know Looker fell again, with this three Pokemon on hand and due to loss of memory, but with this three Pokemon, he decided to give a young protagonist the chance to form a Pokedex.

Mmm, excuse me?

I know this doesn't mean we will have new pokemon/forms for sure..but at least it confirms it will not be d/p/p dex 1:1.
This is not from the official pokemon site. I just went there and clicked on the Arceus page, did a Ctrl F for Trainers, whoever made or screenshot this image did not get it from Pokémon Legends: Arceus | Official Website. Did a quick scan on the Pokemon page on Twitter.

Please note: The thread is from 11 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom