• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

I mean, it's not a confirmation of the distortion world being explorable in the game but it somehow implies that Giratina will come out of the distortion world at some point. Maybe it just wants to check if we are fine XD
I doubt it will be like "Hey, how are you doing"? It would be more like "Roar, I fight you"!

I doubt it will be like "Hey, how are you doing"? It would be more like "Roar, I fight you"!
Why not?
hq720.jpg

Mmm, excuse me?

I know this doesn't mean we will have new pokemon/forms for sure..but at least it confirms it will not be d/p/p dex 1:1.

Well with this we can at least confirm that they won't have to do alternate forms for the mechanical/technology-based Pokemon. These Pokemon can simply be nonexistent in the dex.

But I am still wondering if they would do ancient forms (at least that's what I am calling them for now)? It seems completely in the realm of something they would like to do. I think GF proved that they wanted to continue this idea of regional variants when they brought it back in Sword and Shield with regional evolutions. While ancient forms aren't exactly like regional variants (though I guess they could include Sinnohan forms), I could see them using them as a further expansion of the concept.

There has been a lot of people speculating that certain Pokemon could get some sort of different form or alternate evolution to them. I think because these games take place so far (well, we don't know exactly how far) into the past, they could do anything they want with the Pokemon in these games, and it can easily be justified with "This game takes place in the past, so this can happen." I really love this idea, because there are so many opportunities they could explore with this. Starters having alternate evolutions? Sure let's try that. Not fossil fossil Pokemon? Yeah that can work. Every possibility is on the table right now, it just depends if GF wants to try and do it.

I wouldn't expect to see all of this, but I could see them at least wanting to do a few new forms.

They can't make fossil Pokémon living because the Dex says they used to live millions of years ago, but they can add Pokémon and formes that humans drove to extinction or forced to adapt to a new environment.

On the topic of there being no trading/battling with other players, I feel like it makes sense considering a few things

1) This game is set before the concepts of Trainers & Leagues were even established, and you're starting up the concept of a Trainer and the first ever Sinnoh Dex. All the trades/battles can be implied as other trainers you encounter in-universe, so this wouldn't make too much sense

2) The fact that this game is classified as a Single Player Action RPG

3 ) The fact that the Japanese DP remake site lists multiplayer functionality as "Players: 1 Player (Battle / Trade, etc.: 2-4 players", while the Japanese LA site just lists it as "Players: 1".

If they weren't too sure on it being in the game, it'd just say TBD, otherwise they'd just list it like how the DP remakes and other games would. That, and there's no reason for it to be hidden/being sneaky about it when it's a series staple.

Also considering the fact this isn't even a traditional main game in the first place, I think it's fine for them to experiment. They'll probably include multiplayer in further Legends game if they want to expand this into a series.

What if Arceus acknowledges your hard work for the region and aids you in the battle against Giratina as a teammember (But not being caught - like Zacian and Zamazenta did against Eternatus).
Ir would be a cheap boss fight and wouldn't make sense unless Giratina turned out to have something like an Eternamax form. Worse still, it wouldn't be original the second time around.

On the topic of there being no trading/battling with other players, I feel like it makes sense considering a few things

1) This game is set before the concepts of Trainers & Leagues were even established, and you're starting up the concept of a Trainer and the first ever Sinnoh Dex. All the trades/battles can be implied as other trainers you encounter in-universe, so this wouldn't make too much sense
The concept of trainers exist, just not on paper. Who knows, maybe theres trainers from other regions or people who use Pokemon as weapons to mug people or defend themselves.

The line "before there were trainers or a Pokemon leauge" only really applies to Sinnoh.

2) The fact that this game is classified as a Single Player Action RPG

Nobody has said single player officially yet.

3 ) The fact that the Japanese DP remake site lists multiplayer functionality as "Players: 1 Player (Battle / Trade, etc.: 2-4 players", while the Japanese LA site just lists it as "Players: 1".

If they weren't too sure on it being in the game, it'd just say TBD, otherwise they'd just list it like how the DP remakes and other games would. That, and there's no reason for it to be hidden/being sneaky about it when it's a series staple.

It's still likely a placeholder. The games come out later than BDSP, so it would make sense that there's more finalized specs listed. I mean the NA site has the number of player listed as TBD and UK/European sites don't even list a spot for players. Just a year, hardware, and an age rating.

My guess is, in an attempt to stop "literally unplayable" jokes that stemmed from the SWSH listing where it was unplayable in every switch form with 0 players...they ended up making things worse.

Also considering the fact this isn't even a traditional main game in the first place, I think it's fine for them to experiment. They'll probably include multiplayer in further Legends game if they want to expand this into a series.
Theres no reason not to include it now. I mean the "experiments" were the Wild Area, the Isle of Armor, and Crown Tundra.

Like I said, just because Sinnoh doesn't have trainers, doesn't mean some can't come over from Kanto, Johto, Galar, Kalos, Unova, an unknown Dutch region, the possibilities are endless. Maybe the poke-Ainu have like a set up like Alola does with trials. Who knows? There's still a year to go.

The concept of trainers exist, just not on paper. Who knows, maybe theres trainers from other regions or people who use Pokemon as weapons to mug people or defend themselves.

The line "before there were trainers or a Pokemon leauge" only really applies to Sinnoh.

View: https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1365337153308418055?s=19

Their wording doesn't specify it only applies to Sinnoh, just "before the idea of being a Pokemon Trainer or having a Pokemon League even existed". Which can be taken to mean the Pokemon world as a whole.

It's worth noting Serebii did report this, so that's not the case:

View: https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1365327233464872975?s=19

It's still likely a placeholder. The games come out later than BDSP, so it would make sense that there's more finalized specs listed. I mean the NA site has the number of player listed as TBD and UK/European sites don't even list a spot for players. Just a year, hardware, and an age rating.

My guess is, in an attempt to stop "literally unplayable" jokes that stemmed from the SWSH listing where it was unplayable in every switch form with 0 players...they ended up making things worse.

Even still, there's no reason for it to be hidden/kept as a secret.

I know Wild Area, IoA, and CT were their tests at an open world game, but that doesn't prevent Legends from being an experiment. The previous three were still part of a traditional game.

Also that phrase existed long before SwSh, so I really doubt they even took it into consideration.

View: https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1365337153308418055?s=19

Their wording doesn't specify it only applies to Sinnoh, just "before the idea of being a Pokemon Trainer or having a Pokemon League even existed". Which can be taken to mean the Pokemon world as a whole.

It's vague, yes, but considering the game focuses on Sinnoh and how it's pretty much empty in terms of Poke-Japanese, it's probably just there.

I mean, besides the concept of being a trainer, the concept of giving out official starter pokemon exists as well. If it didn't, I feel like we would have just got a random trio of non-starter pokemon.

View: https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1365327233464872975?s=19

He's been wrong before. He's more trust worthy than 99.9% of people, but he's only human. Sometimes he still falls for things just because someone made a typo on the official outlets. Remember the whole Gym Master thing?

Even still, there's no reason for it to be hidden/kept as a secret.

I know Wild Area, IoA, and CT were their tests at an open world game, but that doesn't prevent Legends from being an experiment. The previous three were still part of a traditional game.

Also that phrase existed long before SwSh, so I really doubt they even took it into consideration.

It's not a secret though, it was probably some underpaid interns updating the pre-release sites in their respective countries.

Yes, I'm not ruling out that it's not an experiment. But the experiment just seems like they want to see if the open world concept can be carried over to a full game instead of just 3 small areas.

Also I'm not talking about the phrase, I'm talking about the uproar that came with the pre-release listing. It was post-tree and some people were legitimately upset that it was apparently 100% unplayable according to the e-shop page that wasn't even live yet.

He's been wrong before. He's more trust worthy than 99.9% of people, but he's only human. Sometimes he still falls for things just because someone made a typo on the official outlets. Remember the whole Gym Master thing?
The Japanese website has the info for the product at the bottom of the page. You can auto-translate the page if you are using browsers like Chrome, but the number of player is specifically written "1 person"

The Japanese website has the info for the product at the bottom of the page. You can auto-translate the page if you are using browsers like Chrome, but the number of player is specifically written "1 person"

And the NA one says TBD and the UK/Europe sites don't even list number of players.

It sounds like either a typo or a placeholder on the Japanese site's part.

If and only if Nintendo or Pokemon come out and call it a "single player adventure" then I'd believe it. But right now, it's just shaping up to be another SWSH is literally unplayable type situation.

It sounds like either a typo or a placeholder on the Japanese site's part.
It's been a few days since the website was up and I find it hard to believe that they would be so irresponsible of their website to not fix such an important information of the game if it were a typo. Same goes for placeholder - why blatantly say "1 Person" not use "To be decided/Not decided yet" instead if there is a chance for changes?

Underpaid interns like I said. They either don't want to pay them to change it or nobody knows they put that. Besides, I doubt the people updating the site have any information on a game that's a year out.

I wouldn't expect this game to be like the ones with got in the past. Right now, considering we have no official statement, the game is single player and the concept of "trainer" doesn't exist, so we shouldn't expect pokemon trainers until further news on the game tell us so.

It was due to a tweet sent out by one of the Nintendo accounts which mistyped Gym Leaders as Gym Masters.
nintendo_deleted_post_about_pokemon_sword_and_shield_gyms_and_gym_masters.jpg
He reported on it and it's hasty deletion, and a lot of people assumed Galar would have a new leauge battle system like Alola had. Even after Gym Leaders were confirmed as Gym Leaders, people were still asking what happened to the "Gym Masters."

Nah what was worse was the report that said the levels scale to your own in IoA. I went in with level 5s and got wrecked. I hope gamefreak actually goes that route this time with level scaling though. They literally did do that in emerald (15 years ago!) When in the battle frontier if you chose open level all enemy Pokemon are the same level as your highest Pokemon.

Please note: The thread is from 11 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom