• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

I just noticed that Oshawott...has a mouth. I mean, its mouth has been properly modelled in 3d and it's no more just a texture.

View attachment 140637

I wouldn't be surprised if the models for the Starters were more detailed in general for the sake of a more expressive (but Starter-exclusive) bonding feature like LGPE had. The Partner Pikachu an Eevee there actually had different and more complex models than the regular Pikachu and Eevee you'd encounter in the wild, so that they could have richer interactions with the player.

Has anyone else noticed the absurdly high levels of Pokémon in the trailer and leaked screenshots? Like, regularly in the 70-80 range, that’s awfully high for a main series game, so I’m willing to bet this game is going to be pretty long and expansive with A LOT to do, at least that’s how I interpret those levels.

I wouldn't be surprised if the models for the Starters were more detailed in general for the sake of a more expressive (but Starter-exclusive) bonding feature like LGPE had. The Partner Pikachu an Eevee there actually had different and more complex models than the regular Pikachu and Eevee you'd encounter in the wild, so that they could have richer interactions with the player.
I mean, we have Starly walking around (which is something new to its flying or standing animation), so probably they gave some more details to the models and the animations of the Pokemon that are in the game, even if they are not the starters.

Has anyone else noticed the absurdly high levels of Pokémon in the trailer and leaked screenshots? Like, regularly in the 70-80 range, that’s awfully high for a main series game, so I’m willing to bet this game is going to be pretty long and expansive with A LOT to do, at least that’s how I interpret those levels.
If only we could see the levels of wild pokemon in the trailer...but we just can't cause all the pokemon that have a bar in the bottom left are ours apparently.

Well I meant our Pokémon but I’m assuming the wild Pokémon are leveled similarly. The leaked screenshots show the player with a level 80 Pokémon as well.

I just noticed that Oshawott...has a mouth. I mean, its mouth has been properly modelled in 3d and it's no more just a texture.

View attachment 140637
TBH, that (and Cyndaquil having a perma-flame) is probably only because it's the choose your starter cutscene.

pokemon-sword-and-shield-starters-header.jpg

pokemon_sun__moon_1.jpg

The only major diffrence we've seen with the other models is the blue Rhyhorn and some minor changes to the walking models.

TBH, that (and Cyndaquil having a perma-flame) is probably only because it's the choose your starter cutscene.

The only major diffrence we've seen with the other models is the blue Rhyhorn and some minor changes to the walking models.
I'm also quite sure that (I know this totally sounds like a creepy horror movie) the Bidoof have eyes.
Immagine.png

What I mean is that I can see a really small depth in the eye, so it's probably not just a texture. Here's the last model:
Immagine 2.png

The white circle is gone, now they are souless Bidoof.

I would like to underline that these models (or at least most of them) are from 2012-2013. Imagine how much effort was put in these models despite the fact they had to run on a 240p screen. Pokemon models are fine even after 8 years, they just need to model some minor things like the mouths and give them some modern animations.
And of course, they need to make them move at better fps. I think this is the first time Pokemon look actually worse than the environment, in terms of graphics.

One thing I wanted to make note of: I’m still not sure about this idea that trainers won’t exist in Legends Arceus. I mean, catching/owning Pokémon and battling with them are really the only criteria to be a trainer, and we see both in the trailer with the PC.
Unless we’re the only ones who have access to Pokeballs (which might be the case, but I find it hard to believe), I think we’re going to see some other trainers.

I think what the site means is that the term of “Pokémon Trainer” wasn’t really well-established yet.

I think what the site means is that the term of “Pokémon Trainer” wasn’t really well-established yet.
Its possible that the rules of being a Pokemon Trainer wasn't established as well.

For example, what about catching pokemon that "belongs" to another "trainer"? Would the same modern rules apply in the time period of Legends?

The lack of multiplayer could also be explained by the fact that the technology that normally facilitates trading has not been invented yet in universe.

just rename them as “Tamers” or something and be done with it

Please note: The thread is from 11 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom