• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

Because that could have made people believe that all pokemon would have been available in the game. I'm talking about a gen 7 situation, where you only have the region dex but despite not having a national dex you can transfer the other pokemon.
The could have done any of the following things instead of what they did:

1. Not say anything about the roster. Who wouldn't expect to see all the first 493 Pokemon again?

2. Mention meeting "some" Pokemon from later games, as they did for Legends.

3. Mention full Home compatibility. FRLG didn't get a big reveal trailer (few games did back then), but RS compatibility was confirmed right away.

Instead, they went for the LGPE approach. I don't see why we should ignore that.

Last edited:
As I said, It's not something that will be in the games for sure, but I honeslty don't see why these games couldn't figure all pokemon. I mean, what exactly did they do apart from making a 2D map in 3D? In Sw/Sh Pokemon needed overworld animations, following animations, camping animations. In these games pokemon just need battling animations and they can litterally copypaste them from past games as they have done for the last 8 years.

The problem is, even if it were possible to include every Pokemon in the upcoming remakes, in doing so the Pokemon Company would be setting an impossibly high standard for themselves. Fans would complain when the full Pokedex disappeared once again in Gen 9, saying, "You put all the Pokemon in the last game, so why not this one?" Fans are more likely to accept Dexit as the norm if it sticks around in every game. Sadly, this could mean that some Pokemon will be purposefully excluded from future games even when adding them in is feasible.

I have a theory that following Pokemon were absent from Black and White for the same reason. Perhaps Game Freak knew that it wouldn't be possible to include this feature in X and Y, so they purposefully left it out of Black and White as well, in the hopes that fans would come to accept it as a HGSS-exclusive feature and be less disappointed by its absence further down the line.

I don't want to be too cynical, but I think practices like these - leaving out content to avoid future disappointment - must happen from time to time, not just at Game Freak but in many game development companies.

Last edited:
The friend still needs to buy the DLC, ergo, the Update isn't free.
Hence the word: technically. It would be free for the person who doesn't buy it xD. Nothing is ever truly free. You had to pay 60 dollars to use the base swsh Pokemon no? And before that 40 for the base SM Pokemon etc.

Anyway it was a joke I wasn't trying to make a real point with that xD

Edit: also he could try to get lucky with the gts maybe he'll get one from that machamp website xD

The friend still needs to buy the DLC, ergo, the Update isn't free.
This still isn’t how economics works.

If someone gives me a book, then the book was free. It doesn’t matter how the friend came to acquire the book or how much they paid for it. The price of one transaction does not affect the next.

Likewise, if one person buys the DLC and sends 30 people a Rockruff, then the Rockruff was free.

I admit this doesn’t carry over well for the Legendaries (unless you restart your game a ton of times), but it is technically still possible. The assertion that “you can get the DLC Pokémon for free” is 100% true.

I hope there's no DLC for Legends. I'd prefer buying a game knowing that it is released/published as polished and complete as possible. Imo, DLC should be extra and not really affect the core of the games. If a DLC is going to be necessary one way or another, it should be included in the main game in the first place and not be charged separately.

I hope there's no DLC for Legends. I'd prefer buying a game knowing that it is released/published as polished and complete as possible. Imo, DLC should be extra and not really affect the core of the games. If a DLC is going to be necessary one way or another, it should be included in the main game in the first place and not be charged separately.
I expect there to be DLC because these kinds of games typically get DLC.

I feel like a game having DLC doesn’t inherently make it incomplete. DLC is just meant to be fun extra content that supplements the main game.
Yeah, that should be the ideal case. Sadly, this is not the case for Pokemon. I really liked the DLCs, the problem is that the main games lacked a post game. We spent 15 dollars more for a game that is shorter than usum. I really hope sw/sh were the lowest point a pokemon game could touch in terms of content and that we will go back to subquests, battle frontiers and post game areas in the future.

I feel like a game having DLC doesn’t inherently make it incomplete. DLC is just meant to be fun extra content that supplements the main game.
Well, that's the thing: the word extra. The main games themselves should be full and complete on their own. The main games should offer 100% the full experience, and anything DLC should be - as you mentioned - extra. The DLC can be 10% more or 20% more, but it should not be mandatory or semi-mandatory in anyway for the player to have the full experience of the game. The main games themselves should suffice on their own and the DLC should be fun optional materials.

Well, that's the thing: the word extra. The main games themselves should be full and complete on their own. The main games should offer 100% the full experience, and anything DLC should be - as you mentioned - extra. The DLC can be 10% more or 20% more, but it should not be mandatory or semi-mandatory in anyway for the player to have the full experience of the game. The main games themselves should suffice on their own and the DLC should be fun optional materials.
Yes, exactly lol. That’s what I said. Are we not in agreement here ?

Yes, exactly lol. That’s what I said. Are we not in agreement here ?
My point was more about how games should aim to be as polished and complete as possible when they release it. In other words, the game should aim to be enjoyable on its own even if there is no DLC. DLCs should be extra, not a necessity.

My point was more about how games should aim to be as polished and complete as possible when they release it. In other words, the game should aim to be enjoyable on its own even if there is no DLC. DLCs should be extra, not a necessity.
I don’t think anyone was saying it’s a necessity. What you said originally was:
I hope there's no DLC for Legends. I'd prefer buying a game knowing that it is released/published as polished and complete as possible.
And my point was essentially: I hope we get both. A complete game and DLC.

Maybe the Sinjoh Ruins will be DLC since they aren't part of any region.
And I hope we can explore the Distortion World.
I would be ok with the Sinjoh Ruins being a DLC, but I think the distortion world will be in the main game considering it was in one of the leaked pictures. I just hope the resort island will be in the game and not in a dlc. I also want all the regis and regigigas in the main game.
As it was for sw/sh, DLCs should focus on legendaries and mythicals pokemon and since D/P had additional parts of the map for them, I think Darkai/Cresselia, Shaymin and Phione/Manaphy could be perfect for a dlc (maybe even a new one, who knows).

The way Sword and Shield's DLC was handled has actually made me hesitant about buying Shining Pearl or Legends: Arceus on release day, in case they do the same thing again. When I buy a game, I want it to be a full game. I don't want to be told a few months later that I have to spend more money to get the full game. Surely that isn't too much to ask?

I love the Isle of Armor and the Crown Tundra (especially the latter), but they should have been included in the game at launch.

The way Sword and Shield's DLC was handled has actually made me hesitant about buying Shining Pearl or Legends: Arceus on release day, in case they do the same thing again. When I buy a game, I want it to be a full game. I don't want to be told a few months later that I have to spend more money to get the full game. Surely that isn't too much to ask?

I love the Isle of Armor and the Crown Tundra (especially the latter), but they should have been included in the game at launch.

Well, Gen 9 will most likely not get released until.2023, so I can see Legends Arceus getting DLC.
BDSP may get the Mythical events as DLC.
That would be a lot of money to chunk.
Do they even expect us to chunk 120 USD in 3-4 months?

Please note: The thread is from 11 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom