• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

Well, Gen 9 will most likely not get released until.2023, so I can see Legends Arceus getting DLC.
BDSP may get the Mythical events as DLC.
That would be a lot of money to chunk.
Do they even expect us to chunk 120 USD in 3-4 months?
I refuse to believe BDSP will have DLCs. If anything new about those games was created, it has to be in the main games. I mean, I cannot spend 60 dollars for a game I already played and then pay even more for real new content.

No more games are being made for the 3DS, sadly. I actually prefer the 3DS to the Switch in many ways, and wish the Pokemon series could have stayed on the 3DS for a while longer.
Ok :(. I agree. I love the 3ds. I will have to buy a switch so I can play SSBU and Legends Arceus. Maybe SW/SH too.

It isn't anything confirmed, and a switch pro would cost more than a lite or the normal one.

True, thats why i said apparently. I would still wait though, since if it comes, you can decide which ones you want, since there is a possibility Switch Pro (If it comes), will come with new features.

Looking at screenshots from 3DS Pokemon games physically hurts me with how pixelated they are, especially the faces. Its not even the system's fault considering that other 3D games for the system (Kid Icarus: Uprising, for example) didn't look nearly as bad.

Looking at screenshots from 3DS Pokemon games physically hurts me with how pixelated they are, especially the faces. Its not even the system's fault considering that other 3D games for the system (Kid Icarus: Uprising, for example) didn't look nearly as bad.
Pokemon games have never been famous for their graphics. The problem is that Pokemon games are becoming more "realistic" generation after generation. I mean, when you play a game that clearly doesn't want to be realistic like pokemon Black you don't focus too much on the fact that pokemon move like glitchmons in battle (actually we were all excited because pokemon finally moved during battle). When you play Sw/Sh and see a tree that looks like it was made on Paint, well, this destroys the immersion in a game that feels more realistic than a chibi world. And it gets even worse when a chingling moves at 3fps in the more realistic pokemon game we have ever had.
Pokemon games graphics were never that good, the problem is that now it's more evident than ever.

I think the biggest reason I don't care about SwSh's graphics is because at least its not the 3DS games. I love them, but they look so much better in motion than they do in stills. And even then they faces look awful (ironically, they look better in the chibi games than SM/USUM).

Edit: And yes, I realize the irony of me complaining about graphics but come on, at least SwSh has relatively smooth textures.

I think the biggest reason I don't care about SwSh's graphics is because at least its not the 3DS games. I love them, but they look so much better in motion than they do in stills. And even then they faces look awful (ironically, they look better in the chibi games than SM/USUM).

Edit: And yes, I realize the irony of me complaining about graphics but come on, at least SwSh has relatively smooth textures.
I think it's important to underline that we are talking about two different games. The question is: how (let's say) Pokemon Sun looks for a 3DS game (on a 240p console) and how Pokemon Sword looks for a Switch game (on a 1080p console)?
I mean, you cannot compare the textures of a game that runs on a console that has 1/4 the resolution and 1/4 the width of a home console (just in its portable mode) with a game that can be played on a full HD big screen. I wouldn't be so sure that 3DS games look worse than Sh/Sh if we consider their respective consoles.

I never said that 3DS games in general look worse than SwSh, just that SM/USUM do. And they don't really have an excuse to, either, considering that there are 3DS games that look leagues better than it. So yes, I can compare the two games, because there are some pretty good looking games on the 3DS. SM is a pixelated mess, SwSh isn't. I mean, look at the male player character's shirt, the lines separating the stripes look like they were drawn using MS Paint.

Hm... I think the 3DS suffered a lot from what (if I remember my terms correctly) was lack of anti-aliasing. I don't remember Pokemon S/M and US/UM looking all of that worse than other 3DS games. It can be quite jarring coming back to them from the Switch, but they were fine in context of the system they were on.

I never said that 3DS games in general look worse than SwSh, just that SM/USUM do. And they don't really have an excuse to, either, considering that there are 3DS games that look leagues better than it. So yes, I can compare the two games, because there are some pretty good looking games on the 3DS. SM is a pixelated mess, SwSh isn't. I mean, look at the male player character's shirt, the lines separating the stripes look like they were drawn using MS Paint.
Again, I think you assume that S/M is a pixelated mess because you don't consider that it's a 3DS game, which runs at 240p and that has no reason to be in full HD, considering it would look pixelated as well on a 3DS. Take a look at this snorlax:

Immagine.png

Left one is from s/m and right one from sw/sh. It's the exact same model on a 240p console and on 1080p console. Clearly the first snorlax looks pixelated but it doesn't mean that the model made by GF is pixelated as well. It's just how things look on a low resolution console.
This is s/m but on emulator, so you can see how the games would look on a higer res console:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3pe1U8lhgQ

And that means it doesn't look bad because..?
Because that's how things can look on a 3DS? I mean, S/M cannot look like sw/sh in terms of graphics or textures because they run on a 240p console. We can say that things look worse on a 240p console than on a 1080p console (and I would totally agree because it's somehow obvious), but I don't think we can ignore that s/m could only run on a 3DS, so it's not fair to compare them to two games that were made for a home console. S/M look kinda good for the console they were made for, Sw/Sh don't look that good for the console they were made for.

Please note: The thread is from 11 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom