• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

Megas I would like to see in both BDSP and LA since they are set in the same region:
Starters
Johto starters
Raichu
Eeveelutions
Dtagonite
Crobat
Milotic
Togekiss
Roserade
Porygon-Z
Rhyperior
Froslass
Weavile
Creation trio
Arceus
The last ones may get Origin Forms that give a stat boost.
I don't think it would be fair to give megas to all the Johto starters and not to the Unova and Alola ones. This would mean that Cyndaquil would have a mega while Oshawott and Rowlet wouldn't. I'm confident that, if Megas return, the only starters that will get one are gen 4 starters.

I don't think it would be fair to give megas to all the Johto starters and not to the Unova and Alola ones. This would mean that Cyndaquil would have a mega while Oshawott and Rowlet wouldn't. I'm confident that, if Megas return, the only starters that will get one are gen 4 starters.

How about megas for the Sinnoh starters and the LA starters and they circle back to the others of the Johto/Unova/Alola sets at a later date.

The tagline indicates this game will be very story-heavy. Also I predict learning the details of Giratina's rebellion.

There will be a hint at gen 9 in this game. All bets are off, but how cheeky would it be that the prediction is through a clothing option. A large, heavy woolen knee-length overcoat with sleeves that have armpit holes so you can just let the sleeves trail behind you. Now that would be nice...

Also, gen 9 is probably going to use this style of gameplay. My prediction personally is there are 9 sub regions, 9 open worlds a bit smaller than sinnoh.

Think we might finally get to use the azure flute to summon arceus in this game?
I could see it happening in the climax. Some event that necessitates the player obtaining/crafting the flute and climbing Mt.Coronet to summon Arceus. The whole sequence works as a reference to DP's own climax.

I just watched the video like, just now. I am VERY excited for the Diamond and Pearl Remakes. Have not played Sinnoh in YEARS.

To me, it seems like this will be the Breath of the Wild style game that a lot of people want. The fact that you just throw balls at Pokemon without battling them is an interesting design choise. Also, I find it odd that the Starter options will be Rowlet, Cyndaquil, and Oshawott. All three are starters from different regions.

Those all happen to be in regions where Cynthia makes a cameo

I'm pretty sure that we all have noticed the Galactic-style logo on the player characters' clothes. But have you also noticed that the same logo is also present on flags seen at the location where you receive your starter?

Screenshot_20210408-121125.png

Screenshot_20210408-121125~2.png

I just had a thought. Assuming Pokemon from Legends: Arceus can transferred to HOME and then to future games, I wonder whether they will still be in the old-fashioned Poke Balls they were caught in? And will the summary screen say that the Pokemon travelled through time? I could see Pokemon from this game becoming quite sought-after in the future, just like Pokemon caught in Apricorn Balls used to be.

There's already a "traveled across space and time to reach you from [region]" message for Bank/Home transfers. I suppose that the steampunk Poke Balls could be added to SwSh via another patch, which is needed for the missing Pokemon.

Based on Miltanks Sword dex entry, i am kinda expecting to see Miltank in this game, in the wild or otherwise: Miltank produces highly nutritious milk, so it’s been supporting the lives of people and other Pokémon since ancient times. It was already in the OG D/P games, so seeing it here won't be such a stretch.

View: https://twitter.com/Lewchube/status/1386015326366748675?s=19

Who wants to play detective and find out who he's talking about? He says its public information but you have to do ypur research to find out who they are (and won't just tell us because of how rabid the fanbase can be, which is fair because he had been posting stuff about leaked demo images from LGPE and websites credited him for them when he didn't grab them, he had to go after them to take his name off their stuff about the demo leaks)

Last edited:
Even if we knew who it was, do we know for a fact that they’re working on Pokémon?
Depends on what he means by new gamefreak projects. The only recent projects we know of is town and swsh, and on another tweet he says hes not talking about swsh. But if game freak is hiring people like that, I doubt it would be for something small, it'd have to a Pokemon project

Depends on what he means by new gamefreak projects. The only recent projects we know of is town and swsh, and on another tweet he says hes not talking about swsh. But if game freak is hiring people like that, I doubt it would be for something small, it'd have to a Pokemon project
Does it have to be a Pokémon Project specifically in order to be big? Remember, Game Freak might own 1/3 of The Pokémon Company, but they themselves aren't The Pokémon Company. It's just that Pokémon happens to be what they're known for. As they have said, they aren't just Pokémon.

Regardless of what kind of project it is, this is pretty exciting news if the rumor is true. (y)

I don't doubt at least one of those people is working on L:A. It just seems like too much of a missed opportunity if they hire someone and use them for Gen 9 rather than the first fully open world Pokemon. Especially ex-Square Enix employees.

Sure, that's good for Gen 9, but I feel like if L:A gets bad reviews they might not try this anymore. Not to this caliber, at least.

Please note: The thread is from 11 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom