• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

I think it's obvious that there will be other regional forms and evolutions in Legends. I hope so much for Dunsparce, Jynx, Octillery, Qwilfish, Sunflora, Girafarig and many others :ROFLMAO:

Golduck is said to be mistaken for kappa, so maybe it could've looked like one. Maybe that'd be too similar to Ludicolo.
That got me thinking though- the Lotad line is one of the “must have Gen 3 game inserted to appear” lines, so it’s possible they could get Hisui variants. I remember seeing a Grass/Fairy alternate evolution a while ago that leaned more into lotus flowers that would be nice and fitting.

Because literally two things do not establish a pattern. If you pulled two M&Ms out of a bag and they both happened to be red, you wouldn't assume that every M&M in the bag is red. That would be improbable.
Yes but this does not apply to GameFreak. The stuff they choose to present to us is generally not arbitrary. So I'm looking at the patterns they choose to present to us.
If by 'eviolite conundrum' you mean that assumption we had that pokemon wouldn't be given new evolutions due to having to preserve which pokemon eviolite works on- it's probably not that big of an issue. Simple solution: whether eviolite works on a pokemon or not depends on the game it's in. Much like how what form Pikachu evolves into depends on whether or not it's in the Alola region. They can just decide that whether a pokemon has the potential to evolve depends on its environment and then bam, eviolite functions exactly as it's supposed to. If it's not a pokemon known to be super good with eviolite anyway, it's not like most people would even notice.
This is not my discussion.

Yes but this does not apply to GameFreak. The stuff they choose to present to us is generally not arbitrary. So I'm looking at the patterns they choose to present to us.

This is not my discussion.
It absolutely does apply to GameFreak. Much like how we know that a bag of M&Ms most likely doesn't contain only red M&Ms, because we've seen bags of M&Ms before- we've seen the kinds of decisions GameFreak has made before and know that it is improbable that they decided to limit their choices for new evolutions to only single-stage non-legendaries without megas. There is absolutely no reason at this point in time to believe that Legends Arceus is some absurd isolated event in which they decided to impose that restriction. Two pokemon are a coincidence, not a pattern. Last time I'm going to say it because I know everyone else understands.

It absolutely does apply to GameFreak. Much like how we know that a bag of M&Ms most likely doesn't contain only red M&Ms, because we've seen bags of M&Ms before- we've seen the kinds of decisions GameFreak has made before and know that it is improbable that they decided to limit their choices for new evolutions to only single-stage non-legendaries without megas. There is absolutely no reason at this point in time to believe that Legends Arceus is some absurd isolated event in which they decided to impose that restriction. Two pokemon are a coincidence, not a pattern. Last time I'm going to say it because I know everyone else understands.
Except you don't know if GF gambles giving out information. The "let's draw a random new pokemon out of a hat" and that new pokemon will be the ones chosen in the videos.

Except you don't know if GF gambles giving out information. The "let's draw a random new pokemon out of a hat" and that new pokemon will be the ones chosen in the videos.
It's two new evolutions that happen to be Hisuian PokeRides, the main means of travel and a great way to show off areas of the game. That's their connection. It isn't random and it has nothing to do with being evolved from single stage non-legendaries without Megas.

Last edited:
Still, only 2 is too little to assume a pattern. Besides, they are connected to the ride function, so it makes sense that they'd be shown together along with Braviary.

If you knew I didn't then you just prove to waste posts/time. Pointing out something that people already agree with.
Actually I think I proved that I waste posts/time by trying to tell you several times over that we can't rule anything out despite that obviously not getting through.

Actually I think I proved that I waste posts/time by trying to tell you several times over that we can't rule anything out despite that obviously not getting through.
No, you went on about those were random patterns like drawing a card from a random deck. I'm not convinced GF does that. More than likely they choose what to tell us.

No, you went on about those were random patterns like drawing a card from a random deck. I'm not convinced GF does that. More than likely they choose what to tell us.
They do, and they choose those pokemon because they're all related to Poke ride and that they all are Hissuian in some way.

They do, and they choose those pokemon because they're all related to Poke ride and that they all are Hissuian in some way.
I think you're right for the 2nd 1 but not the 1st. The Hisuian Growlithe to be revealed, for example, was most likely not as a random card drawn from a deck.

We have some info on how GF does things. We know for some things, GF staff votes on them.

TBH...I feel like the open-world descriptor was mostly curated by fans lol. I actually can't remember this game ever explicitly presented otherwise.
I mean you can't exactly fault the fans for touted this game as open world looking at the similarities with BotW in the promotion, especially the trailers.

The Hisuian Growlithe to be revealed, for example, was most likely not as a random card drawn from a deck.
Forgout about that, but my first point stilll mostly stands. They probably featured him only to have 2 Hissuian forms and 2 Hissuian Evolutions. And for all we know Hissuian Arcanine could still be related to Pokè Ride.

I mean you can't exactly fault the fans for touted this game as open world looking at the similarities with BotW in the promotion, especially the trailers.
Fair enough. It's a concept that has been ingrained in a lot of fan wish-lists for a loooong time now lol. I think once they saw exploration and 3D it may have been enough to take over the L:A discourse :LOL:

My guess is Hisuian Growlithe was featured because it's this game's equivalent to wooloo- just an easily popular meme-ishly appealing design. Everyone loves a doofy good boy. I don't even really like the design much and I still think it's a doofy good boy.
Oh 100%. And this makes me hope (hope! Not expect!) that there will be more than 10ish Hisuian variants in the game. A supposed insider said they have a rollout planned that is on par with new Gen games… and by far the biggest talking point in a new Gen game is the new designs. We’ll see what happens, but I’m hopeful.

Please note: The thread is from 11 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom