• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

The staraptor is probably just off-screen behind you or something, as we can see pretty clearly via the braviary flight feature that the sky isn't populated. =/
I don't think that's an evidence. We can see the player riding Wyrdeer in different sequences with litterally no pokemon around. I think they just wanted to focus on riding pokemon, this is why they removed other pokemon in the overworld.

7) Pokemon have different sizes in the game like it was in Let's go games but this time we can see the differences in the overworld. Also, when pokemon go mad they apparently grow in size. When can see Ursaring (5'11" - 1.8m) being way taller than Rhydon (6'03" - 1.9m).
Any screenshots that show this for regular wild Pokemon? I'd compare mad Pokemon to Totem ones.
13) At the beginning of the game, you have to show Team Galaxy your value to join the team. This means you are probably native of the Hisui region or at least you don't reach Hisui with them.
I assume that most of the people in Jubilife are just there to start populating the region rather than doing research. I doubt that the player characters are natives who happen to live in Jubilife. There seem to be a few natives in what would be Celestic, but there's merely a tent on the map.

I don't think that's an evidence. We can see the player riding Wyrdeer in different sequences with litterally no pokemon around. I think they just wanted to focus on riding pokemon, this is why they removed other pokemon in the overworld.
Not 100% conclusive but we do see Wyrdeer run past other pokemon- it breezed past attacks from two Golduck. We also see Basculegion swim by a Tentacruel. The only one of the three rides to not pass by any pokemon is Braviary.

Any screenshots that show this for regular wild Pokemon? I'd compare mad Pokemon to Totem ones.

I assume that most of the people in Jubilife are just there to start populating the region rather than doing research. I doubt that the player characters are natives who happen to live in Jubilife.
Immagine.png

Not 100% conclusive but we do see Wyrdeer run past other pokemon- it breezed past attacks from two Golduck. We also see Basculegion swim by a Tentacruel. The only one of the three rides to not pass by any pokemon is Braviary.
Yes, but there are sequences with both Basculegion and Wyrdeer with no other pokemon around. There's a long shot with just the player riding Wyrdeer in the woods where's there's litterally nothing for 15 seconds. Just because we didn't see pokemon flying in the braviary shots doesn't mean there won't be for sure.

I don’t think that’s an indicator of size difference, it just seems like the player is at a different position that is further than the player in the bottom screenshot. From the images of wild Pokémon shown together, members of the same species look to be the same size.
That's what I've been thinking, too... I'm hoping that people aren't turning this into another misunderstanding that makes the games "suck" when it's shown that it was never the case to begin with, or advertised as such.

That's absolutely not a framerate issue. If you look at the trailer, you'll notice that the scenne is as smooth as everything else. It's a broken animation, not a framerate issue.
Defining that scene "smooth", well. Anyway, still thinking it's frame rate. Chingling moves at 5 fps at best, so the animation is not broken, it's just incredibly slow (the same for chimchar, budew, turtwig). The same happens with other things in the background like trees.

Last edited:
Chingling moves at 5 fps at best, so the animation is not broken, it's just incredibly slow
If everything else is smooth, then that means that the animation is broken, since if it was jus incredibly slow Chingling would've barely moved.
(the same for chimchar, budew, turtwig).
To me only Chingling seemed to suffer from the problem.

If everything else is smooth, then that means that the animation is broken, since if it was jus incredibly slow Chingling would've barely moved.

To me only Chingling seemed to suffer from the problem.
The game cannot handle everything that is on screen so it reduced the frame rate performance of animations of a lot of things that are not right in front of the camera. But hey, we can simply agree to disagree ;)

The game cannot handle everything that is on screen so it reduced the frame rate performance of animations of a lot of things that are not right in front of the camera. But hey, we can simply agree to disagree ;)
But one thing that is certain is that the Chingling wasn't too far to have that problem, since I'm sure we had shots of Pokèmon that were farther away and didn't have the same problem.

I have seen someone point out that it was fixed in the second trailer, though.
Yeah, in the second trailer the game has a pretty decent frame rate and pokemon move way better. We can say they reached a good result. I hope they fix the textures too, cause right now they still look low quality.

There's a lot of little things that were shown off with the recent Presents that I am really excited to see in this game.

I know I've said this multiple times already I'm sure, but I love the focus this game puts on the catching and discovering of Pokemon. In the past, while catching Pokemon was fun, it always felt more like you were unlocking a dex entry. Since this game's main focus is catching and studying wild Pokemon though, they seem to have added a lot more stuff you can actually do with each Pokemon, to get to know more about them.

pokedex 2.png

This has probably been mentioned on this thread before, but each Pokemon has this list of Research tasks. So there seems to be way more to do beyond just catching the Pokemon and unlocking its dex entry. One thing I'm pretty curious about is the Research level. The research level appears to be just for this Pokemon, but I don't want to say for sure. And does this level have any effects in-game? If the level is for the individual Pokemon, I could see this as the new Shiny hunting mechanic. The higher the research level you have for a Pokemon, the better chance you have of encountering a shiny.

Pokedex.png

Another little thing that I'm interested in is the food. We've already seen berry trees in this game, and Sword and Shield introduced the concept of cooking meals in a Pokemon game with food that wasn't cute Pokemon treats. I wonder if we'll randomly find some of these foods on the ground like items, or if we'll have to gather them from certain areas. Or, maybe we'll have to buy them in the village. It's such a little thing, but I think it will be fun discovering what foods a Pokemon likes. I also wonder if these foods will be able to be used as lures for the Pokemon, like for the Pokemon who are more scared of people.

Speaking of catching Pokemon, I just wanted to take a moment to appreciate the new catching animation.

Screenshot 2021-08-28 1.31.00 PM.png

It was shown off in the original trailer too, I just hadn't noticed it until this one. It's just a little time period detail I really appreciate.

night sky appreciation.png

While we're talking appreciation, I have to mention the freaking sky in this game! It is absolutely gorgeous. I'll admit while the game looks better than any Pokemon game out there, it still doesn't look the best. Not that I mind all that much, I still loved SwSh and there were areas that just looked gross. But if there's an area where this game excels graphically, it's the sky. Gosh, that stuff looks even better than BOTW. It almost looks like a painting and really adds this feeling of magic to the overall look of the game. I'm sure I'll be spending tons of time just looking up at the sky (will probably get attacked by tons of wild Pokemon while I do so.

Sky appreciation.png

This game also appears to do a better job with the wild Pokemon. Yes, most still seem a little static, just running/flying around, But they did seem a little more aware.

Improvements in overworld Pokemon.png

I mean, look at this Buizel here. It's sleeping and gets up when the trainer approaches it. So, maybe some Pokemon (hopefully most of them) will have some other animation they can do besides just walking/standing around.

Last thing I wanted to mention is the battles, specifically the fact that they are overworld now.

Dynamic Battle Terrain.png

I really like how the battles are actually in the overworld now. SwSh's lack of proper battle backgrounds was rather disappointing (not to mention immersion-breaking like when you fished in Motostoke or Hulbury and then it just gave you this route for a battle background), but honestly the switch to battling/catching Pokemon has felt pretty stale for awhile now. Legit having to throw out my Pokemon to engage in the battle makes it that much more immersive and fun.

Battle Terrain.png

This is a really cool example of overworld battling here. It's in the water, so the trainer has to ride on their Basculegion while in battle. I was always mildly bothered by the "oh, here's this random little island on the water that I can stand now that I entered this Pokemon battle." So this makes a lot more sense. Like now water Pokemon can actually look like they're battling from the water. One thing I am concerned about is battling Pokemon in the water when you don't have an aquatic or flying Pokemon. Will they be given some sort of platform? Will we have to direct the wild Pokemon over to the shore to battle them? Or we just not be able to battle Pokemon living in the rivers and sees with land-based Pokemon?

Well, that's all I could think of. This game definitely has me hyped. I can't wait to see what this different kind of adventure will entail.

Please note: The thread is from 11 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom