• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

Cool to see we are getting moveset changes. Drifblim gets Extrasensory and Mythical Fire which it couldn’t learn before.
Are Mid-generation moveset changes normally a change? For Pokemon that were also in a game earlier in the gen i mean. I imagine pokemon in remakes who werent in the main game probably do.

I have a theory:

• In the first BDSP trailer we saw the Poketch with time set to 09:28 (yesterday we got news). In the last trailer we saw the Poketch set to this time:

View attachment 150582

• The Korean youtube trailer for Legends has this title: "[Official] Pokémon LEGENDS Arceus Latest Information Part 1 "Raging King and Queen".
  • From Arezu description in the official website, we learn that "She is tasked with the care of a certain lady Pokémon".

Putting all these info together, I'm guessing we are getting another trailer on October 9, which will be like a second part to this trailer, focusing on the queen pokémon that Arezu is tasked to take care of (maybe the Pokémon that will allow us to climb mountains?).

I doubt the Poketch time really means too much.

The first one was just a reference to DP's release date if anything - which was yesterday, and of course they'd release news to celebrate it.

Also the alpha Pokémon was called "オヤブン" in Japanese, which I find funny because to my knowledge that term is mostly used to refer to the head of Yakuza or something similar to that.

This comment just made me realize the obvious “alphas = Alpha Pokémon (Arceus)” connection, but since the Japanese in your post doesn’t match up with Arceus’s category in Japanese, I guess it’s just a Woolseyism on the English game’s part?

Haven't seen it here yet, but it seems the flute is called "Celestica Flute" (not Azure Flute). I wonder how they'll be related to Celestic Town.

928_p10_01.jpg

Also the way Rei plays it reminds me of some traditional instrument, but I can't remember what.
And the sound played sounds very similar to the chime that plays when you hit select on the title screen of Diamond and Pearl.

Based on Mars' dialogue, it's safe to assume that they're not a part of Galaxy Team. Maybe Hisuian counterpart of Ainu.
This Spanish Screenshot confirms wardens are part of Diamond and Pearl clans:

https://twitter.com/pokexperto/status/1443135610588438531/photo/1
Oh, that's good. I was afraid that there would be no natives and that Dialga and Palkia would get retconned into imported culture where it was clearly depicted to be part of the native ancient culture in the Gen 4 games. I'm glad that there isn't any glaring inconsistencies with that thus far.

Went through the Japanese website (again) and noticed something that's not mentioned in the English one.

"You can rest at the basecamp until the time of day when you want to do your research."
So, a confirmation that the in-game time is independent to the system time?
I wouldn't go that far just yet. It could very well just be an inversion of the current time of day like what you could do at the Altar of the Sunne/Moone in the Alola games.

And the sound played sounds very similar to the chime that plays when you hit select on the title screen of Diamond and Pearl.
I noticed that as well. Good catch!

Last edited:
It's not Feudal Japan.
The galactic building is way too modern for that--it has smokestacks and later period interior decoration, and the Pokéballs seem to use some sort of steam powered technology. Some of the clothing is more modern, too. Professor Laventon wears a labcoat and some of the protagonists clothing shown is well past that era, too.

I think it's supposed to be a transition period with industrialization either starting up or fairly new. More like the 1700 or 1800s than the warring states.

Not a fan of the protagonists owning what's effectively a smartphone in feudal Japan. Surely a notebook would've been fine :unsure:

This doesn't change your overall point since a smartphone is anachronistic either way, but it bears repeating that this isn't feudal Japan; it appears to be the equivalent of the Meiji era. So it's closer to the mid 1800s/early 1900s than the 1500s or earlier.

Also, funny enough, we actually do use a notebook as the Pokédex:

LA_Pok%C3%A9dex.png

:p

This comment just made me realize the obvious “alphas = Alpha Pokémon (Arceus)” connection, but since the Japanese in your post doesn’t match up with Arceus’s category in Japanese, I guess it’s just a Woolseyism on the English game’s part?

I didn't even realise this would counter the alpha Pokémon and Arceus are related, but yeah, it's just the translation. I'd assume it would be awkward to just translate "オヤブン" directly. "Boss" Pokémon would sounds like they're heavily related to the story, and "Leader"/"Chief" Pokémon is kind of uninspired.

Last edited:
At the very least, the way the website words it makes it seem like a device powered by weird arceus magic, that just happens to look like a smartphone. So its not electricity powered at the very least. Reminds me of BOTW's Sheikah slate and how its powered.

I mean truth be told, I kinda like the GodPhone. It's an amusing little curveball to throw into the overall aesthetic. No one saw it coming, because it's just such a weird thing to put in a setting like this - but to me that just adds a fun bit of quirkiness to the lore. A small gesture that not everything is necessarily going to fall in line with the typical expectations for what a bygone-era Pokémon game might be like.

I have a theory:

• In the first BDSP trailer we saw the Poketch with time set to 09:28 (yesterday we got news). In the last trailer we saw the Poketch set to this time:

View attachment 150582

• The Korean youtube trailer for Legends has this title: "[Official] Pokémon LEGENDS Arceus Latest Information Part 1 "Raging King and Queen".
  • From Arezu description in the official website, we learn that "She is tasked with the care of a certain lady Pokémon".

Putting all these info together, I'm guessing we are getting another trailer on October 9, which will be like a second part to this trailer, focusing on the queen pokémon that Arezu is tasked to take care of (maybe the Pokémon that will allow us to climb mountains?).

Unlikely, since October 9th is on a saturday.

And camera photography. Didn't that start in the 1800s? Though in the Pokemon world, camera photography started in the 1700s.

By the way, this Kleavor proves GF gives branched evolutions now. The last time they did that, was Mime Jr., then Eevee is Gen 6. But Mime Jr got a regional evolution, but can be thought of as a different pokemon because different elements. But Kleavor is the 1st regional evolution to give a new pokedex #.

So... GF won't just stop at Kleavor, right? What other pokemon is left that could get regional evos, besides Scyther?

I guess they could give Magby and Elekid to evolve Magmar Fire/Fighting and Electabuzz Electric/Fighting.

Last edited:
And camera photography. Didn't that start in the 1800s? Though in the Pokemon world, camera photography started in the 1700s.

By the way, this Kleavor proves GF gives branched evolutions now. The last time they did that, was Mime Jr., then Eevee is Gen 6. But Mime Jr got a regional evolution, but can be thought of as a different pokemon because different elements. But Kleavor is the 1st regional evolution to give a new pokedex #.

So... GF won't just stop at Kleavor, right? What other pokemon is left that could get regional evos, besides Scyther?

I guess they could give Magby and Elekid to evovle Magmar Fire/Fighting and Electabuzz Electric/Fighting.

Well, Japan didn't industrialize until the late 1800s, so it still lines up chronologically.

I guess they could give Magby and Elekid to evolve Magmar Fire/Fighting and Electabuzz Electric/Fighting.
We saw Electivire in the trailer. If any other pokemon will receive a branch evolution, I doubt we will see its traditional evolution in the game.

We saw Electivire in the trailer. If any other pokemon will receive a branch evolution, I doubt we will see its traditional evolution in the game.
Unless it was like Gen 2 where we had Vileplume and Bellossom at the same time, but I don't think it would make sense with today's marketing.

Feudal Japan is from 1185 till 1600, so it does not line up chronologically.
It does because the game isn't set in the feudal era.

Godphone is like the Shiekah slate probably... some magic device that bridges the gap between the games trying to be 'realistic' while needing some way to incorporate features or abilities that are very much NOT realistic.

Please note: The thread is from 11 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom