• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

No idea if this has been mentioned before, but it’d be cool if they did a dlc that involves the sinjoh ruins. Just have to add one big wild area in the unestablished region north of johto and do literally anything with it, I’d eat that right up. Ofc this is assuming they’re not involved in the game already in some form which I highly doubt
Or even better: The Sinjoh Ruins could already be in the games without being DLC. A post-game area that adds more to the lore of Arceus and the creation trio for exploration sounds neat. It will be a nice chance for everyone to explore the place if people have not been able to access it during Gen4. Previous remakes have been quite generous with accessibility to legendaries so I'm pretty hopeful on this.

No idea if this has been mentioned before, but it’d be cool if they did a dlc that involves the sinjoh ruins. Just have to add one big wild area in the unestablished region north of johto and do literally anything with it, I’d eat that right up. Ofc this is assuming they’re not involved in the game already in some form which I highly doubt

I posted about an idea like this awhile back, I think the Sinjoh Ruins make perfect sense to make an appearance, and I think it would be a good way to bridge into future Johto remakes and a Legends: Ho-Oh/Celebi type of game. The lore of Sinnoh is closely connected to that of Johto, and I believe we might meet a section of people in LA that originate from Johto, as this would be accurate with real world history too, as Hokkaido was the last place colonized by the Japanese, so seeing people that state they are from Johto and maybe settled in or near the Sinjoh Ruins during their journey, or even built the place, would make perfect sense.

That's to keep the surprises hidden. I personally prefer finding out stuff from the actual game when it's released to finding out about it beforehand from leaks. I have no problem with the current amount of information. It's just enough to keep the hype going without spoiling everything.
They should at least show the gameplay so people know whether or not they would like it. Not everyone just blindly buys games due to the brand. What you said might be valid for Sword and Shield, but it isn’t valid for Legends Arceus because we literally don’t know many gameplay details. For all we know people by the game expecting something, and getting something else.

There’s a middle ground between "spoil everything" and "the audience doesn’t know how the gameplay works".

They should at least show the gameplay so people know whether or not they would like it. Not everyone just blindly buys games due to the brand. What you said might be valid for Sword and Shield, but it isn’t valid for Legends Arceus because we literally don’t know many gameplay details. For all we know people by the game expecting something, and getting something else.

There’s a middle ground between "spoil everything" and "the audience doesn’t know how the gameplay works".
I mean I think they've shown enough for the current point in time. Most people know what to expect from the early-to-mid game, the Pokedex and crafting system are the biggest takeaways so far. They can delve a bit more into those things or show us more of the endgame and what not for the next month or so.

What else is there to know about how the gameplay works? We've seen the overworld exploration. We've seen the catching and battling systems. We've seen the main storyline quests. We've seen research quests and crafting. We've seen what you can do in Jubilife Village. What more gameplay details do you need to see? This is about all that the typical open world game tends to have or need. I guess maybe they could use more larger scale sidequests/features (there's nothing on the scale of say, Contests or Secret Bases), but I don't think there's anything like that in this game, they probably want to focus on getting the basics of open world gameplay down pat with this game before they add on those kinds of extras.

What else is there to know about how the gameplay works? We've seen the overworld exploration. We've seen the catching and battling systems. We've seen the main storyline quests. We've seen research quests and crafting. We've seen what you can do in Jubilife Village. What more gameplay details do you need to see? This is about all that the typical open world game tends to have or need. I guess maybe they could use more larger scale sidequests/features (there's nothing on the scale of say, Contests or Secret Bases), but I don't think there's anything like that in this game, they probably want to focus on getting the basics of open world gameplay down pat with this game before they add on those kinds of extras.
Not to mention that I think a lot of the appeal to this game is going to purely be for the storyline, and why would they go ahead and spoil all of that? I think they've just about covered for all the basic features in the game, I doubt there's much more of that type of information for them to give us, if any. It's around this time in a hype season that we start to learn some more detailed story elements, but they'll be careful with what they tell us as obviously they need to try to keep some things for surprise.

So when they're showing off the merchants I spot this item description:
"Mushrooms that, when consumed, cause the muscles to swell. They imbue the eater with strength and are one of the materials needed to craft Aux Powers."

Aux Powers sound new.
X-Item replacement? Vitamin replacement? Something else entirely? Place your bets!

5FA14E0D-6CA3-4F94-95CD-4B8307AD8ED7.jpeg
1D29A4A1-2DB6-4A40-BFB5-18AC88D13C91.jpeg
Official art of the merchants indicate that they’re Volkner and Cynthia’s lookalikes.

I'm not liking this reconning of the name Sinnoh to actually mean Arceus... I hope they have a good, solid in-game reason for it.

But for me, Sinnoh will always be Sinnoh. And Hisui is not cannon in my mind, so that solves the issue lol

A lot to unpack here, both aesthetically and lore-wise.

Overall I really like the designs of the new characters. I am bemused that Volo appears to be Cynthia's ancestor. I was assuming it would be someone more grand...but who knows, maybe that's foreshadowing that Volo might have hidden significance.

Fascinating that "Sinnoh" was originally Arceus' name. I'd be curious to see what the impetus for the change in-universe was.

So cool that we get to see more characters.

Nice to see Volkner and Cynthia's ancestors in this game.

Also, interesting that it seems Arceus used to be called Sinnoh.

I'm also getting this feeling that Irida reminds me of someone. It might be her eyes.

Please note: The thread is from 11 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom