• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

It might be that Arceus is called Sinnoh so that in modern day, ancient texts referring to Sinnoh are mistaken for being about the region, when they are actually referring to a Pokemon.

Or it could be that Sinnoh is the shared name for Dialga/Palkia, and the two clans have not realized the god they worship is actually two different entities-- each dragon revealed itself to each clan and in talking to each other, the clans assumed they were describing the same dragon. Could be the origin of that Dialga/Palkia statue.
I think that’s a definite possibility, although the site also mentioned that the two clan’s clothes are referencing specific Pokémon, which are definitely Dialga and Palkia.

I think that’s a definite possibility, although the site also mentioned that the two clan’s clothes are referencing specific Pokémon, which are definitely Dialga and Palkia.
I mean that's what I'm saying-- they'd be arguing like "Almighty Sinnoh is blue!" "No, my uncle saw Almighty Sinnoh and said it's pink"

Actually sounds a lot like real-world religions.

They are referencing Dialga and Palkia in their clothing, but maybe they don't know the dragons' names or even realize they're not the same.

I mean that's what I'm saying-- they'd be arguing like "Almighty Sinnoh is blue!" "No, my uncle saw Almighty Sinnoh and said it's pink"

Actually sounds a lot like real-world religions.

They are referencing Dialga and Palkia in their clothing, but maybe they don't know the dragons' names or even realize they're not the same.
I see. That’s also possible, although I interpreted the wording on the site differently.

But it’ll be definitely something we’ll find out in the game, and not before.

We already knew about the clans from the wardens' clothes, but it's nice to know more about them and to learn about their role in the story. And I think it indirectly confirms more towns for those who were worried about that. Both leaders' designs are charismatic and interesting on their own.

I also like the subversion of Cynthia's ancestor being humble, it makes her greater.

What else is there to know about how the gameplay works? We've seen the overworld exploration. We've seen the catching and battling systems. We've seen the main storyline quests. We've seen research quests and crafting. We've seen what you can do in Jubilife Village. What more gameplay details do you need to see? This is about all that the typical open world game tends to have or need. I guess maybe they could use more larger scale sidequests/features (there's nothing on the scale of say, Contests or Secret Bases), but I don't think there's anything like that in this game, they probably want to focus on getting the basics of open world gameplay down pat with this game before they add on those kinds of extras.
I don't expect them to reveal the whole plot but more indication of how we're supposed to progress would be a good idea. Like how important is pokedex completion to this game? You don't want people going in figuring that they probably don't have to see Shinx use Bite 25 times, only to find out that yes you do or you can't move forward with the story.

Oop new trailer shadow drop. Looks like it's mostly new characters and the clans.

I LOVE Irida's design what the heck. Trying to think of who she reminds me of. I like Adaman too.

Hm, Irida looks like she might be related to May.

Also Volo is cute. XD

But aaaauuuugh, I guess I knew it was coming, but needing BDSP to get Darkrai bites. None of my friends really want to get those games so I can't just borrow one.

Fascinating that "Sinnoh" was originally Arceus' name. I'd be curious to see what the impetus for the change in-universe was.
The setting is inspired by the real-world history of Hokkaidō, which was known as Ezo prior to the Meiji Restoration. Because of that, I'm wondering if there's going to be any association with the indigenous Ainu people. If so, "Sinnoh" might be the name for Arceus specifically in the Pokémon world's equivalent for the Ainu people and language.

It would be very easy for the Ainu "representation" to be handled clumsily, but that's the most likely reason I can think of at the moment given that historical references are already present.

I don't expect them to reveal the whole plot but more indication of how we're supposed to progress would be a good idea. Like how important is pokedex completion to this game? You don't want people going in figuring that they probably don't have to see Shinx use Bite 25 times, only to find out that yes you do or you can't move forward with the story.

Hm, Irida looks like she might be related to May.

Also Volo is cute. XD

But aaaauuuugh, I guess I knew it was coming, but needing BDSP to get Darkrai bites. None of my friends really want to get those games so I can't just borrow one.

You would think May due to the clothing, i thought Serena due to hairstyle and color

It would be very easy for the Ainu "representation" to be handled clumsily, but that's the most likely reason I can think of at the moment given that historical references are already present.
For as much as P:LA loves to make historical references, I wouldn't take the parallels too seriously in terms of "representation" and whatnot since the Ainu weren't exactly known for their Stetsons after all. :unsure:

I wonder who has Adaman as his ancestor. I kinda get Siebold or Wallace vibes from him, but i can also see Gordie or Brawly.

Then there is also Iscan and i am gonna make a bold prediction - He is Bruno's ancestor (We currently have no Kanto ancestors in the game yet, while we have a Unova ancestor with Lian and maybe a Kalos/Hoenn ancestor in Irida if she is the ancestor of May/Serena).

You would think May due to the clothing, i thought Serena due to hairstyle and color
Could be both!

I wonder who has Adaman as his ancestor. I kinda get Siebold or Wallace vibes from him, but i can also see Gordie or Brawly.
I'm thinking maaaybe Nessa for Adaman. Throws off the "Dialga clan are all Sinnoh ancestors" thing we were rocking from the start, though, which would be a shame.

Could be both!

I'm thinking maaaybe Nessa for Adaman. Throws off the "Dialga clan are all Sinnoh ancestors" thing we were rocking from the start, though, which would be a shame.

Also a possibility. But this is on the official website

This daring young man hates seeing time go to waste and likes to rush forward without worrying too much about particulars. This way of thinking puts him at odds with Irida, who leads the Pearl Clan, so the two are frequently seen fighting.

So i can't rule out Palmer and Barry out yet either.

Especially since we have this thing as well as a character trait - Palmer is Barry's father and very similar to his son in look and character, as he is always in a rush.

It could be nothing, but I find it interesting that Adaman has a gap in his left eyebrow. I had a classmate in school with the same thing and he said that it was from getting his forehead slashed open and whilst the cut eventually healed, his eyebrow never recovered the hair that the cut ran through.

I wonder if Adaman's nature of "rushing forward without worrying" ended up with him getting hurt by a Pokémon or something. :unsure:

Last edited:
I wonder if these characters are allusions to other D/P characters. I suppose maybe I need to get out Diamond and play it again before Arceus comes out. It's been so many years since I got to experience the Sinnoh story (like well over a decade lol).

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom