• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

Maybe the stones on their necklace will be used to trigger the transformation? It's such a prominent part of their design and the only thing they both share so I don't see the stones being unrelated to the story.

The stones are diamonds and pearls - I’m pretty sure that it’s just to connect them to Dialga/Palkia and better draw the overall link to the original Diamond and Pearl titles. Expecting new forms because of a very obvious design choice is setting yourself up for disappointment

I personally don't see any ancestor in Adaman and the girl, and frankly, I prefer that. Not everything has to be an ancestor of something. Give characters individuality and a way to stand on their own instead of just making them an ancestor of a strong and popular character in an attempt to help them through that way.

I'm not liking this reconning of the name Sinnoh to actually mean Arceus... I hope they have a good, solid in-game reason for it.

But for me, Sinnoh will always be Sinnoh. And Hisui is not cannon in my mind, so that solves the issue lol
Well, all of it makes perfect sense to me, at least. A place’s name can change over time, and in the real world many locations have names derived from myths/animals inhabiting the areas.

Ginter is definitely an ancestor to Volkner, his artwork even mirrors Volkner's original DP artwork pose and posture almost perfectly.

Irida mostly gives me May vibes, but her artwork is very familiar, I'm certain there is another character whose artwork has them standing in the exact same pose but I can't remember who. I'm fairly confident in who the descendent is for all of these characters, if they are actually meant to have one, except for Adaman, he's kind of a wild card here and it makes me think that perhaps him and Irida aren't actually ancestors to anyone in particular that we know of, I definitely think some of these are way too obvious to question, like Ginter and Cynthia's ancestor.

Also, May and Irida both prominently use a Glaceon, so there is that.

Attachments

• Ginter.jpg
    Ginter.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 58
  • Volkner.png
    Volkner.png
    94.9 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Well, all of it makes perfect sense to me, at least. A place’s name can change over time, and in the real world many locations have names derived from myths/animals inhabiting the areas.
Exactly this - I’m from England not Albion but that is an older name for Great Britain and just to confuse things more most people know the country as the United Kingdom! ;-)

Pretending like the games have never referenced the anime before lol
Other than a single implied mention of Alan (Without name so it could literally also be everyone else, we just link it to him), Jessie and James (Who were also in games and are thus a 'loophole' and are nothing more than fodder) and a single Battle Bond Greninja (That hasn't even been in any other game ever since and has never been made a big deal of in the gameverse), name anything noteworthy of actual characters. Like actual big major characters, plot points or whatever. If you want to act smart, might want to back it up properly.

Everyone is reaching for something that isn't really there.
Gotta disagree that I'm reaching when I've got a long list of shared design choices between Irida and May. Reaching would be saying something like Iscan and Claire are related because blue hair, but Irida and May actually have a lot in common. Headband accessory, bulky waist accessory, pink outfits with white patterns, white shorts, long side bangs with absurdly short hair... and that generic protag face. That was actually the first thing I noticed because it felt weird on an NPC.

Other than a single implied mention of Alan (Without name so it could literally also be everyone else, we just link it to him), Jessie and James (Who were also in games and are thus a 'loophole' and are nothing more than fodder) and a single Battle Bond Greninja (That hasn't even been in any other game ever since and has never been made a big deal of in the gameverse), name anything noteworthy of actual characters. Like actual big major characters, plot points or whatever. If you want to act smart, might want to back it up properly.
Dawn's team in BDSP was changed to match her pokemon from the anime.

Also this- List of cross-canon references - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Edit: I don't know wtf happened with that first quote but I can't seem to fix it. =_=

Last edited:
I don’t get your logic for excluding TR. They’re one of the main anime characters, and constants other than Ash and are featured in two games. They were featured in the anime before the games.

“2/3 of the anime mainstays” comes under major characters. Your comment comes off as pretty condescending with the “acting smart” part. It is very much a fact that the anime has been references in the games several times. Whether or not you consider them to be major or significant enough is irrelevant.

Irida possibly being Mays/Serena's ancestor is interesting, since that also potentially makes her Normans/Birch ancestor.
Not necessarly. She could be the ancestor of the mothers of the main characters from r/s and x/y and not of the fathers.

So - I'm loving the new regional variants and the story hints we've had so far. I can scarcely be prevented from bleating on and on about the potential themes at play and the implications for certain characters over on the Bulba Twitter. Even if my favourite existing species don't get any new love, I'm hyped and I think I'm going to really enjoy this.

But... I can't deny that seeing gridlines in the ocean at this stage of play in the pre-release news cycle isn't a little concerning. I'm by no means at all a graphical purist, but immersion is pretty important for me in free-roaming game environments and something like this would threaten to yank me out of that - it's like being submersed in a good fiction read, and then being rudely awoken by a spelling error.

1639931984165.png

Again, I still fully expect to enjoy the story Legends: Arceus has to tell, but I hope there's some visual polish being applied as we speak.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom