• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends Arceus Travelog Thread

I've acquired Six Stars, and now have the ability to traverse in water using Basculegion. I also found and caught a Shiny Geodude. Almost missed her, even. 114 seen, 90 caught.

I think I just discovered a glitch. I threw a ball containing my Decidueye towards an out of reach item inside a rift when two Lickitung spawned. A battle was not triggered, and I couldn't do anything aside move my character. Everything was disabled. I couldn't access the map, my items, my dex. Anything. So I had to reset, which retcons away the rift (but any Pokémon caught and items acquired beforehand are retained, thanks to the autosave).

(Also, I'm now at the third episode for Space Paranoids in KHIIFM).

Decidueye ♂: Level 47
Ponyta ♀: Level 48
Luxray ♂: Level 47
Crobat ♀: Level 46

I think I've spent about 4-5 hours of in-game time searching in vain for a male Basculin that isn't overlevelled. (So far I've caught 1 male about 15 females, but the male one is overleveled) I'm completely broken. (these things aren't easy to catch even before you factor in wanting a specific gender) I feel like those odds on Bulbapedia saying the gender ratio is 50/50 must be completely wrong.

Found a shiny Remoraid though. Pretty sure I'll find a second shiny Remoraid before I find a reasonably levelled male Basculin.

A proper update!

Decidueye (Akiko) lv 40
Stantler (Noelle) lv 37
Yanmega (Yoyo) lv 39
Goomy (Lilac) lv 37
Qwilfish (Sid) lv 36
Basculin (no name yet) lv 44)

It's kind of funny having two fish mon on my team, even though they don't have any type overlap.

So I'm getting ready to face the final (I think) boss of Cobalt Coastlands and my team is finally complete! I almost went with a Spheal instead of Basculin but I figured we might not get as many opportunities in the future to use Basculegion vs Walrein. (since it's a regional variant) (and besides I really wanted to use Basculegion anyway, it was just kinda annoying that the only male ones available were a bit overleveled.)

Edit: btw something I just realized! When there's only one of your pokemon out on the field you can not only interact with them by pressing the A button but also the B and Y buttons. (They don't work when you have more than one of your pokemon out though)

Last edited:
Started today with a distortion. I successfully managed to get a Sneasel to run far away enough to avoid the Ursaring, Lickitung, and Onix. I added that Sneasel to my team permanent. His name is Rascal. I managed to calm down Ursaluna and deal with the Nobel Hisuian Liligant. I gotta reach rank 3 before I can go to the next area it seems.

Time for the next chapter of my adventures through time... er... Hisui.

I actually didn't go after Ursaluna right away. I instead veered off to the next area to do some more catching, grinding, farming, and setup another base camp. I caught a Stunky, Skuntank, Onix, and Haunter in that area. After exploring what I wanted I finally took care of Ursaluna. Staraptor's Close Combat pretty much did the trick, though I threw in a Quick Attack at the start so I can get an extra turn in a row. After heading back to Jubilife Village I got briefed by Komado to ride Ursaluna to track down Azula. So it was back to the swamp for me.

However, I didn't start the mission. Instead opting for more exploring. Glad I did, as I managed to nab myself an Alpha Tangrowth and Alpha Skuntank. I found another time-space rift and hoped I was prepared this time. I netted a bevy of good items, but there were encounters galore. However, this time I fared better (it helped that my team were more leveled up), though I did have one or two close shaves. In that rift I caught two Eevee (one now a Vaporeon), Snorlax, Flareon, and Lopunny, adding some nice additions to my dex. After having my fill of the rift I retreated back to a campsite and swapped out Floatzel for the Vaporeon and added in Tangrowth. After a bit more exploring (and trying to level up Vaporeon to a more desirable level) my Croagunk evolved into Toxicroak. I think this'll do for my team, though I'm tempted to swap out Luxray since she's been losing a lot lately. Now it's time to continue the mission.

My Team (since I haven't actually listed it yet)

Pyro (H-Typhlosion, male, 45)
Hawkeye (Staraptor, male, 42)
Pride (Luxray, female, 42)
Whiplash (Alpha Tangrowth, male, 45)
Junko (Toxicroak, male, 38)
Bubbler (Vaporeon, male, 29)

Just now beat Kleavor, and about 200 points away from Second Star rank.

So far, the aiming controls are actually giving me quite a headache, especially the whole selecting/switching between throwing stuff & sending out a Pokemon thing. Hopefully I'll get more used to it as time goes on.

I managed to catch an Eevee in the Obsidian Highlands, although it took me many tries & soft resets. I figure I might as well leave it up to chance whether it evolves into Espeon or Umbreon, given the unique time system this game has (I'll just press Evolve whenever it's ready).

In some ways I'm actually getting kind of a Skyrim feel from this game (the MMO elements, a cold & unforgiving land, the militaristic feel of the Galaxy Team, the fact that you're distrusted by most of the townsfolk, and so on).

I only got as far as the third lord battle and I think I'm ending my game there. I have no interest in going further. This game isn't for me. Shame too, I was really excited for it and it seemed amazing at first.

Kotaro day 3:

Current status: 3 star rank, Kleavor has been calmed, but I have not yet entered the next area.
*Kleavor was pretty simple but later ones might be trickier. Buizel and Kadabra did a good job of defeating him when given a chance.

*Got another Alpha Kircketune and an Alpha Bibarel but neither are field members.

Currently I am trying to get a full set of Eevee. I had one visit where two spawned and both got away. :(
Really hoping I get lucky and find an Alpha Eevee but the odds are pretty low.

Current field members:
*Cyndaquil--Quilava
*Buizel
*Cascoon--Dustox
*Drifloon
*Shinx--Luxio
*Starly--Staravia
*Bidoof--Bibarel
*Beautifly
*Geodude
*Zubat
*Kricketune (Alpha)
*Umbreon
*Eevee
*Eevee
*Eevee
*Eevee
*Stantler
*Pikachu
*Graveler (Alpha)
*Monferno (Alpha)
*Scyther
*Abra--Kadabra

Levels are over the place. Most of my main ones are about 22 but most of the Alphas are 30+.

Kotaro day 3:

Current status: 3 star rank, Kleavor has been calmed, but I have not yet entered the next area.
*Kleavor was pretty simple but later ones might be trickier
As someone who has beaten the game, I can say (with confidence) that the others will be trickier than Kleavor.

I made it to the credits scene today, and gosh darn I am a whole mix of emotins. I won't say anything about it, but that story almost beats SMs story for me, though I do need some time to think it over.

Nothing too exciting happened today. I took the time to catch some more Alpha Pokemon today, particularly because they can drop exp candies, and I found myself in need of them. I also caught my final two team members today. I never like it when I have to catch one or more team members super late into the game, but sometimes that's just how it is. In the future, I would really like to see the ice area actually be at the beginning of the game or near the beginning at least. Anyways, I caught my final two members today, a Rufflet for Braviary and Zorua for Zorark. Those candies were super helpful in leveling the Zorua up since I could only find Zoruas who were just below Level 30, and my team were in their low level 50s.

I did find another of those Legendary Symbol things in one of the caves in the icelands. And I found another Unown symbol, but again I wasn't sure what to do with it. Should probably figure that out. I took a screenshot of it though to make it easier to track down.

Now that I've reached the ending credits, I'm going to finish up the postgame story, probably pretty slowly, as I work on my dex. I still have a lot of Pokemon to catch and eventually complete the dex pages for.

Team:

Ichiro - H. Typhlosion - Level 61
Rai - Luxray - Level 60
Juna - Umbreon - Level 60
Ryoko - H. Goodra - Level 62
Rijiro - H. Zoroark - Level 56
Tsubasa - H. Braviary - Level 56

Pokedex: 178 Seen, 136 Caught, 49 Completed

Time for more time-space shenanigan in Hisui.

I rode Ursaluna in order to track down Arezu. It took a bit to get the controls down but I managed. I found her and started to make my way to H-Liligant's domain. I caught a bunch of Mons along the way: Golbat, Murkrow, Alpha Roserade, Alpha Honchkrow, Sudowoodo, Alpha Rhyhorn, regular Rhyhorn, Ralts, Kirlia, Lickitung, a female Hippowdon, and one Unown. I added Alpha Roserade to my party over Tangrowth (especially since Tangrowth was getting absolutely clobbered even by Mons it resisted), especially since Roserade had a really good nature (Timid). Anyway, it was time to dance with H-Liligant. I took a hit or two because I mistimed my dodge rolls but in the end I beat her and ended her frenzy.

After reporting back to the Prof I gained more than enough points to rank up to Six Stars, which I did after talking to Kamado. Now I can use Ultra Balls! And good timing, too, as they came in handy when I went back to Obsidian Plains, as they allowed me to easily catch an Alpha Snorlax, Alpha Alakazam, Wormadam, three Scyther (one of which is now a Kleavor), three Machop, Happiny, and Chimchar in the wild, along with an Ursaring, two regular Sneasel (both genders), and a Steelix from a time-space rift. Woo, that rift was another tough one but in the end I got out with a large bag of goodies. Speaking of Kleavor I swapped out Luxray for him as she was getting demolished in virutally every battle. The time-space rift helped speed up Kleavor's leveling though he needs more to get up to speed with the rest of the group.

Anyway, it's time to go to the next area. I was informed about needing to go to Cobalt Coastlands because of a ghost attacking people. Great. So it's off to the next story event, along with needing to do any requests that I can find.

My team:

Pyro (H-Typhlosion, male, 52)
Hawkeye (Staraptor, male, 48)
Hemlock (Alpha Roserade, male, 51)
Junko (Toxicroak, male, 47)
Bubbler (Vaporeon, male, 44)
Hatchet (Kleavor, male, 31)

I just got Basculegion and now I have to deal with the Miss Fortune Sisters, aka Candice, Saturn, and idk who's ancestors. I picked up another member of the team and I had some evolutions occur. I'm kinda annoyed because I used my merit points on a Sun Stone, but I just found one in a distortion zone. Also found out about Zisu's move tutors and I'm actually loving how they're handling this.

As of now

Zaxby- Hisuian Typhlosion- 36
Luxo- Luxray- 34
Daxter- Floatzel- 32
Rascal- Sneasel- 32
Lilith- Hisuian Liligant- 34

Still debating on the final member of this team, but I'm feeling more attached to this team than any other team I've had.

Started exploring the last area, Alabastor something. (forget the name)

My team right now:

Decidueye (Akiko)
Wyrdeer (Noelle)
Yanmega (Yoyo)
Sligoo (Lilac)
Overqwil (Sid)
Basculin (Gunther)

Forget the levels but they're all in the 40s (I think Basculin is level 50) Probably won't be too long before Sligoo and Basculin evolve, I think Sligoo is about lv 45 and I think it evolves at lv 50.

I'm heading towards the temple right now, looking forward to getting Braviary. I found Zorua but it ended up being very against being caught. :p

Well for today I have two little tidbits to share.

This morning I was playing and was waiting for a space time rift to open in Sandgem Flats and I was crouched in the tall grass to keep annoying pokemon from aggro-ing on me despite all of my pokemon being able to one shot them and... like 20 feet behind my character I spot a Mr. Mime just doing his creepy invisible wall trick just staring in my direction. So while I wait I keep my camera looking back to make sure I don't get jumped by the freaky mime clown.

And then that cheeky bastard sits down on an invisible chair and starts drinking an invisible soda and just watches me. I was almost in tears from laughter. It was like it went 'Oh this gon be good' and got a front row seat. Mr. Mime's now one of my favorite wild pokemon.

The second thing happened just now. I was showing my brother some stuff like battles and how certain pokemon are just agressive as heck (had to show him the paras it was too adorable) and then. Freaking. Shiny Paras appears. Somehow I had a feeling this morning I'd end up with a shiny paras before anything else (well besides the ponyta). Which is funny because the only dex I've perfected at the moment is Starly. My brother was like 'Oh well I didn't expect that' and I was like "YEAH??" then I showed him size differences between same species. xD featuring my smaller shiny paras next to another paras.

Kotaro day 4:

Current status: 4 star rank, Kleavor has been calmed, but I have not yet entered the next area.

Today was about thoroughly exploring the Obsidian Fieldlands but it was a shorter session and planety remains unsurveyed. I went through the Ore tunnels and got some Machop, finished off some quests, and got my full Eevee set--luckily one was an Alpha!

While exploring the western side of the map a space distortion broke out. I managed to reach it and found some great Pokémon. A Lickitung for the dex as well as a Sneasel and a very strong (but not Alpha) Ursaring. There were some Haunted but I was not able to capture any and had to flee after taking heavy damage.

Current field members:
*Cyndaquil--Quilava
*Buizel
*Cascoon--Dustox
*Drifloon
*Shinx--Luxio
*Starly--Staravia
*Bidoof--Bibarel
*Beautifly
*Geodude
*Zubat
*Kricketune (Alpha)
*Umbreon
*Espeon
*Eevee x 5
*Eevee (Alpha--will one day be the biggest, fluffiest Flareon)
*Stantler
*Pikachu
*Graveler (Alpha)
*Monferno (Alpha)
*Scyther
*Abra--Kadabra
*Machop
*Sneasel
*Ursaring
*Combee--Vespiquien

Levels are still all over the place. Most of my main ones are about 22 but most of the Alphas are 30+, as is Ursaring.

Buh. I just found a shiny psyduck. I don't even have half the research tasks done for it so it was even LESS likely than paras. By a lot.

I was just like "Is.. Is that a blue psyduck or just the time of day lighting- no holy balls that is a shiny"

lso, I like the aesthetic of the Japanese languages more than the Latin-alphabet-using ones when in battle. And the Pokémon and moves here are limited, so I think this is the best chance I'll have in a while to try playing Pokémon in Japanese.

• This is kind of a side-note, but Professor Laventon said "Wake Up!" in English at the beginning cutscene, further supporting the theory that he's Galarian.
  • Tried to throw a Ball to the Professor and tried to use all 50 Balls to not catch the starter, and was given 10 more.
  • Ended up choosing Cyndaquil and nicknaming it Hyde.
  • Also tried to spend all Poké Balls on the trial, but Akari was generous enough to give me 20 more.'
  • Caught a bunch of Pokémon, including Ponyta, Eevee, Wurmple, and a Lv. 20 Burmy.
  • Tried to catch a sleeping Lv. 30 Luxray, but as expected, it's still impossible.
  • Currently 4+ hours in and just reported to Laventon, lol. I caught 40 Pokémon

Continued my journey for several more hours.

• Still catching a bunch of Pokémon, including some Alpha Pokémon and a Lv. 27 Graveler. That gave me a lot of research points to the point that I was already a 5 stars members before going into the second area.
  • At last decided to quell Kleavor's frenzy. And I did it without battling it, just throwing the balms. It was not as hard as I imagine it would be, but it's the first one, after all.
  • Space-time distortion occurred as soon as I enter the second area...only it's located across the river, and that's really annoying. It did end up appearing in a location I could immediately go, though, so whatever. Successfully nabbed a Porygon, an Upgrade, and a lot of Shards.
  • Still no shiny, though :") (except for the guaranteed Ponyta)

I've acquired Six Stars, and now have the ability to traverse in water using Basculegion. I also found and caught a Shiny Geodude. Almost missed her, even. 114 seen, 90 caught.

I think I just discovered a glitch. I threw a ball containing my Decidueye towards an out of reach item inside a rift when two Lickitung spawned. A battle was not triggered, and I couldn't do anything aside move my character. Everything was disabled. I couldn't access the map, my items, my dex. Anything. So I had to reset, which retcons away the rift (but any Pokémon caught and items acquired beforehand are retained, thanks to the autosave).

(Also, I'm now at the third episode for Space Paranoids in KHIIFM).

Decidueye ♂: Level 47
Ponyta ♀: Level 48
Luxray ♂: Level 47
Crobat ♀: Level 46
I only have 1 almost 2 stars

Last edited:
And caught a level 30 kricketune alpha when i still had a level 13 rowlet
Screenshot 2022-01-22 9.47.42 PM.png

I only got as far as the third lord battle and I think I'm ending my game there. I have no interest in going further. This game isn't for me. Shame too, I was really excited for it and it seemed amazing at first.
Too bad. IMO, the game only gets better the further it goes.
I think Sligoo is about lv 45 and I think it evolves at lv 50.
Yup. And it also needs to be raining.
Miss Fortune Sisters, aka Candice, Saturn, and idk who's ancestors.
The last one is related to Agatha and Bertha.

Back
Top Bottom