• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends Arceus Travelog Thread

I think I'm done with all the story stuff, including post-game content. I'll just finish the Pokedex, get Arceus and be done with the game.

The last battle against Volo appears to be rigged so you lose no matter what and is complete BS, so I'm ignoring that. There must be another way to get the last plate. I don't think many players at all would win such a stupidly implemented battle, if any.

Y'all, something major happened in these past couple of days. My trainer fainted for the first time! Okay I know this doesn't seem monumental, but with all the stupid stuff I do in the game (example: Wyrdeer and I can definitely jump this impossible gap. It's not as if I'll die if we fail), I'm surprised it took me over 55 hours to actually lose a satchel. Of course I had failed the Noble battles numerous times, but I didn't count those because I never lost a satchel.

I've been working on my Pokedex these past couple of days, slowly but surely. I finished up the Crimson Mirelands today and am almost finished with the Cobalt Coastlands, but I still have to evolve Magmar and I haven't managed to find the item for him yet (I know you can use merit points on them, but I used all of mine on rare candies for the big fight), and I still have to evolve a Basculin and it looks like that might take a bit, so I might take a break on the Coastlands and work on the next areas till I have more time on the weekend to work on Basculegion.

Also started making progress on my Unown research notes. I was probably just being dumb before in trying to catch them because I just threw a PokeBall at one and caught it just fight. I must have not just tried throwing a ball at it or something. So, I went around and caught all that I had found throughout Hisui after receiving the quests and didn't catch but took screenshots of. I'm at 7/28 forms. I haven't yet read the hints for any of them, but I should probably start looking at them considering I only found 7 on my own.

Team:
Ichiro - H. Typhlosion - Level 76
Rai - Luxray - Level 76
Juna - Umbreon - Level 77
Ryoko - H. Goodra - Level 77
Rijiro - H. Zoroark - Level 76
Tsubasa - H. Braviary - Level 75

Pokedex: Eighth Star Member
210 Caught, 219 Seen, 95 Completed

So...

My first Shiny Pokémon ran away from me :bulbaFacepalm: And the save trick did not work :confused:

Granted this is the second Shiny I have found in the game, but still. Anyway, I was getting ready to travel to the first great lake when I saw on the overworld map that there was a mass outbreak of Sliggoo. You know, the secondary-stage of my favorite Dragon-type Pokémon and pseudo-legendary? Though I already had my Alpha Goodra that I caught in the Mirelands as a Sliggoo in my party, I figured I would pay this outbreak a visit anyway since I've read several reports of people getting Shiny Pokémon from them; there was also the fact that I had yet to actually experience an outbreak. Thus I flew over on Braviary, which took a while, but I finally arrived at the spot. The Sliggoo either rolled away or stared at me with curiosity; I caught one on a whim, after which I eventually decided that the venture was a waste of time - they all seemed to be rolling away from me at that moment, when before they were grouped up. As I took to Braviary to depart, I turned my camera around and what did I see? A Shiny Sliggoo.

Sweet Arceus, it really does happen! It was probably like the fifth or sixth Sliggoo that spawned - I was incredulous that I didn't even have to wait long! In my excitement, I fumbled between having Braviary drop me multiple times and saving before creeping to the side of the Snail Pokémon. An Ultra Ball worked on the one I caught shortly before, so why not now? I threw it...and it popped out. Before I could chuck another one for a back strike throw, it rolled out of existence.

"That's okay!" I thought as I quickly restarted my game. "Shiny Pokémon stay if you saved, so I'll just try aga-"

"The located Pokémon have left the area." (Paraphrasing)

My heart sunk. I restarted my game again to make sure this wasn't a bug. But sadly, it was not - all the Sliggoo were gone and the outbreak ended. More annoyed than devastated, I continued on with the story but the fact that I lost out on such a dear Pokémon to me is something that's going to take a while to get over... Moral of the story folks, save scumming Shinies from outbreaks doesn't work apparently.

I think I'm done with all the story stuff, including post-game content. I'll just finish the Pokedex, get Arceus and be done with the game.

The last battle against Volo appears to be rigged so you lose no matter what and is complete BS, so I'm ignoring that. There must be another way to get the last plate. I don't think many players at all would win such a stupidly implemented battle, if any.
It is not impossible to clear. It's just really hard. Beating him is the only way to obtain the final Plate.
My heart sunk. I restarted my game again to make sure this wasn't a bug. But sadly, it was not - all the Sliggoo were gone and the outbreak ended. More annoyed than devastated, I continued on with the story but the fact that I lost out on such a dear Pokémon to me is something that's going to take a while to get over... Moral of the story folks, save scumming Shinies from outbreaks doesn't work apparently.
Ouch. That's unfortunate. Better luck in the future.

I not only caught, but completed the Pokédex entries for three of the four genies! Tornadus, Thunderus, and (to a lesser extent,) Enamourus, are notorious for making life HELLISH to catch them. Like, yikes.

Yeah, that happens. Apparently if you go to the camp and save there the outbreak will remain.

Anyway, I wanted to continue the story, but I saw a mass outbreak in the Fieldlands so I went there instead. It was a Luxray outbreak. I wanted to try the outbreak Shiny hunting method, but Luxray is too hard to catch. After a few reset I found a Psyduck outbreak. Psyduck is easier to catch, so I went with it. Unfortunately, my Psyduck outbreak decided to not let me have a shiny even after resetting for around 5 hours. :confused:

I gave up on Psyduck and decided to move on through the story a little bit. I go to the Mirelands and found Arezu who sprained his ankle(?). I just realise that I could explore the highland around Lake Valor, so that's what I do. I caught a bunch as Pokémon as usual, including the Alpha Vespiquen, the Alpha Yanmega and a Turtwig. I decided to end my adventure there and close the game. But when I load the game the next day, I found myself in the Heights Camp.

I forgot to turn the autosave back on.

It was really annoying, but what could I do? In the end I decided to try to complete/perfect some Poké Dex for the Fieldlands Pokémon. I just wandering around when I remember I haven't caught the Alpha Blissey in the waterfall area, so I went there. That's when I heard it; the sparkle sound. A shiny is near. I immediately turn the autosave off, save manually, then look for it. And there it is: a green Zubat in front of the Oreburrow Tunnel. I caught it without any problem and immediately turn my autosave on again. Never do the same mistake twice.

I guess in the end it wasn't that bad. I got to get the Alpha Blissey, a shiny Zubat, as well as completed some Poké Dex pages.

Trying to complete the pokedex (at least catch everything) so I can get to Arceus and fully complete the story before I spoil myself on it. Found I have even more ways to go than I thought... I only had 182 caught. Thankfully a good few of them were just a matter of evolving Pokemon I already have, so that's good at least. Thankfully a friend of mine grinded way more than I did early on and gave me an army of Eevee, so I only have to evolve one into Espeon to be done with that. But there are some lines I just straight up never saw or caught and I still have to catch a certain Legendary trio. I saw one in Obisidan Fieldlands but had a bunch of babies I was trying to evolve, so figured I'd just come back to it.

Also trying to find all the wisps I missed for Spiratomb and... apparently I have to catch ALL the Unown? Shouldn't be too hard, it's just 26 and not the usual 100+, but still.

This is gonna take a good few days lol.

Managed to get through the big post-game story arc

I had spoiled myself a bit with Volo so I knew to expect the betrayal this time but it still kinda made me a bit sad. To be fair I actually was sus of him at the beginning of the game, but at the climax when he helped after Kamado threw me out I actually liked him. Then I learned a bit of his involvement in and was like... well, we'll see what actually happened.

Turns out he's crazy, manipulative, and took advantage of you the whole game.

As for the fight itself, I had kinda spoiled myself on what to expect, so I went in fully expecting to lose. And I would have if I hadn't spammed Max Revives on Sylveon and Gyarados. What a scary fight.

Still not done catching everything yet, so I can't go to Arceus yet. Knowing me it'll probably be a bit yet before I get there, though I am at least at 201 now.

Giratina looks very scary. I fight it with Palkia, Dialga and Garchomp, but It defeated the three. Even now, I don't understand how this happened Lol. I needed to revive Chomp for him to save the day.

Last edited:
I tried taking some advice to win the final battle, it didn't help enough. I'm done with the game for real now. I'm sick of how stupid so much crap in it is. One of the worst Pokemon games in the series imo. Shame, because it was shaping up to be amazing.

Beat Arcanine, after which I lurked around Firespit Island to catch a Magby. Also evolved a Qwilfish into Overqwil for the Manaphy sidequest (caught Manaphy and every Phione). After unlocking the Alabaster Icelands I immediately went to catch a Hisuian Zorua for my party and a lot of Bergmite. Held off the Avalugg fight and spent a day doing sidequests, research tasks and filling out the Pokedex. Managed to reach rank 8 in the process!
Moving on, Noble Avalugg was something else - Gamefreak REALLY wants you to master dodging lmao, that's the vibe I got from the fight, I'm not the best at dodging so this took multiple attempts. Afterwards I was banished from Jubilife Village, met Cogita with Volo and set out to the lakes with Irida. Caught the Alpha Pokemon and solved the Lake Trio's trials, so now I'm currently at Mt.Coronet ready to fight Kamado and presumably Dialga and Palkia.
Story aside, I reached rank 9, even managed to catch Sylveon, Shieldon and Cranidos at a distortion. Also caught a bunch of Alphas including Torterra, Infernape, Empoleon and Froslass.

Current Team
Typlosion lv.66
Liligant lv.67
Ursaluna lv.66
Weavile lv.66
Hisuian Zoroark lv.66
Empoleon (Alpha)

200 Caught | 209 Seen

Last edited:
Been a while. Since last update I've reached the Coronet Highlands and befriended Sneasler for climbing action.
A few noteworthy events:
*Captured an Alpha Piplup--this means Turtwig is the only non-alpha Sinnoh starter in my roster, which is a bit funny since Torterra is the biggest of them normally.
*Evolved Alpha Graveler so I now have a massive Golem.
*Alpha Munchlax evolved so I now have a walking eclipse.
*Evolution items suddenly started dropping and with merit points becoming easy to get I have a fully Eeveelution set.
*Quilava evolved into Typhlosion.
*The Noble of Cobalt Coast is the first time I've blacked out. Caught me off guard the first time but the rematch went very smoothly.

Yeah, that happens. Apparently if you go to the camp and save there the outbreak will remain.

Anyway, I wanted to continue the story, but I saw a mass outbreak in the Fieldlands so I went there instead. It was a Luxray outbreak. I wanted to try the outbreak Shiny hunting method, but Luxray is too hard to catch. After a few reset I found a Psyduck outbreak. Psyduck is easier to catch, so I went with it. Unfortunately, my Psyduck outbreak decided to not let me have a shiny even after resetting for around 5 hours. :confused:

The other day I saw a mass outbreak of hippowdon in Crimson Mirelands. So, I decided to try my luck there. Result, I was beat up over and over to the point that I decided to give up (No wonder hippos are the most dangerous animals for humans). However, when I was taking refuge in the pool adjacent to the outbreak, I came across a shiny hippowdon. As Hilda says, "such is a life of an adventurer".

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-09 at 22.35.11.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-09 at 23.31.35.jpeg

Last edited:
Making progress on the pokedex. Got the Obisidian Fieldlands and the Coastlands done, and found all the wisps in the Fieldlands and Mirelands. Still need to find Bonsley in the Mirelands but I'll come back to that. Also need Gardevior and Gallade but I can catch them in the Icelands. Just need to find the 4 remaining wisps in the Coastlands and I'll be able to move on to Mt. Coronet. I've also managed to catch two of the weather trio so far, just one more nightmare to go.

I love replaying Pokemon games and I'll definitely replay this one for the main game, but this is definitely the only time I'll be going through pokedex completion to get all the way to Arceus lol. I'm having fun, but I definitely don't have it in me to do all this again.

Update: Calmed down Lord Electrode, haven't reported back to the commander yet.
Noteworthy events:
*Caught Alpha Gabite
*Spotted some interesting Alpha that I believe are guaranteed ones due to being evolved Pokémon surrounded by their prevos.
*Second blackout occured due to the roll buttn being the same as the "climb down" button.

More post-game spoilers, since I decided to temporarily put the game down instead of permanently...

So I actually beat Volo this time. But then he f-ing throws Giratina at you?! What kind of bullsh-t is this? My team was nearly entirely spent and all I had left was a Luxray at half health, with no opportunity to heal them at all. Nothing I could do here period. I have no idea how anyone deals with this at all unless they spent forever grinding a team up past level 80 or something. Which I don't want to have to do.

I've been mostly shiny hunting recently, and have gotten 3 shinies and failed another.

First was Aipom on Tuesday. I did so many outbreaks without any luck, and I found a Shellos outbreak. So I tried it, heard a shiny sound, but none of them were shiny. Turns out an Aipom was nearby that was shiny. Full-odds too. Now I'm not so angry that I haven't gotten any shinies from outbreaks. I wasn't sure whether to evolve her or not, but I decided to evolve her (I'll say why soon) and named her Shari, like the monkey from Animal Crossing.

Second was Eevee a few hours later on Wednesday from an outbreak. This is the one I failed. I didn't hear the sound effect, and it disappeared as soon as I saw it. I'm upset, but I already have 3 shiny Eevee and every shiny Eeveelution, so it's not as upsetting as some other shinies I failed.

Third was another Aipom from an outbreak, also on Wednesday soon after seeing Eevee. This is how I decided to evolve my first Aipom and keep the second. I named him Porter, also a monkey from Animal Crossing. Oh, and he was hard to catch and I had to reset a bunch of times. Also I didn't hear the shiny sound, I just saw a pink Aipom. For a second I thought it was Shari and I accidentally sent her out, but no. Just really weird I got 2 shiny Aipom so close to each other.

Fourth was Kirlia on Friday, a few hours ago. It was an outbreak, and shined right away. I decided if it's male, I'll evolve it into Gallade. Turns out he was male, so I have Gallade now. After evolving him, I realized I kind of wanted Gardevoir. If I get another shiny Ralts or Kirlia, it'll evolve into Gardevoir.

More post-game spoilers, since I decided to temporarily put the game down instead of permanently...

So I actually beat Volo this time. But then he f-ing throws Giratina at you?! What kind of bullsh-t is this? My team was nearly entirely spent and all I had left was a Luxray at half health, with no opportunity to heal them at all. Nothing I could do here period. I have no idea how anyone deals with this at all unless they spent forever grinding a team up past level 80 or something. Which I don't want to have to do.

- Use legendaries Pokémon, especially Palkia, Dialga, and Cresselia. Use Max Revives. Teach your Pokemon the best moves available. And don't forget to maximize your Pokémon's effort levels as well.

Last edited:
I'm so close to being done with the dex now. The main obstacle I'm running into are these dang baby Pokemon. I managed to grab Cleffa, but Bonsly is just not showing up and neither is Elekid. I got tired and was done with everything else on Mt. Coronet, so I figured I'd go finish up the Icelands today since Elekid is apparently found there too. Thankfully it seems that besides Elekid and the Ralts evolutions, I just need my Riolu to evolve or to find a wild one. And of course I gotta catch the last of the weather mons.

- Use legendaries Pokémon, especially Palkia, Dialga, and Cresselia. Use Max Revives. Teach your Pokemon the best moves available. And don't forget to maximize your Pokémon's effort levels as well.
Not able to. I don't care to ditch the team I've used for so long and I don't have anymore items that increase EVs. I increased them as much as I could.

Back
Top Bottom