• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends Arceus Travelog Thread

Finally beat Volo/Giratina! Wow, that was actually pretty tough, didn't expect him to actually end up with nearly the exact same team as Cynthia (but I suppose that makes sense!).

I doubt I'll actually catch 'em all just to get the Arceus battle. But overall, good story. Much better than SwSh's story, and very different from anything the series has done so far. I'd be more than fine with Legends becoming a series and another region getting this kind of treatment - maybe something like a medieval European region with ancestors of various Kalos & Galar characters to complement Hisui's Feudal Japan setting? Or even an Ancient Rome region, if the rumors about Gen IX being based on Italy turn out to be true.

I also like that the protagonist is more expressive in these games. Their facial expressions when Kamado suddenly starts yelling at you & expels you from Jubilife Village really makes that scene, you can tell they're thinking "What did I do?!"

I decided to side with Irida for the Red Chain quest, because she's the more likeable leader IMO. Although Adaman did grow on me over time too (pun intended). The Lake Guardian trials were pretty interesting too.

My final team:
-Hisuian Decidueye
-Espeon
-Empoleon
-Rhyperior
-Ninetales
-Palkia/Dialga

I wanted to get an Ursaluna instead of Rhyperior, but the Peat Block eluded me and I eventually decided having a rideable one was good enough for me.

Looking forward to the DLC!

Alongside starting my other file (which I won't be posting anything in the travelog for unless I get a shiny or something really funny happens), I've been working on catching all the Pokemon these past couple of days. Last night my friend and I chatted over discord and we both had some shiny luck, her getting a random shiny Walrein in a space-time rift, and me getting a Shiny Pachirisu from outbreak hunting. It was my fastest outbreak hunt yet (though I haven't done many, and besides Snorunt which I only intended to check one outbreak anyway). Pachirisu is a shiny I have wanted forever, like since I learned what shinies were and looked up the shiny for it, so I'm really glad to have him.

I went ahead and worked on evolving my Basulin today, which turned out to not be as difficult as I thought it would be. I just used my Level 50 one from the Icelands and went to the field lands and kept murdering the Beautifly there. It didn't take long at all, and pretty quickly I finished up the Coastlands dex. I also finished up the Icelands dex when evolving my Sneasel. I'm almost there and am hoping to finish the dex tomorrow, with the last Pokemon I need being Cleffa, Electrode, Rotom, the fossils and their evolutions, and the weather legendaries.

Finished off this evening with a Shiny Buneary hunt. An outbreak popped up on my game again and after not getting it last weekend I decided I wanted to do it. It took a little bit, but I did eventually get her, claiming another shiny I've always wanted.

Team:
Ichiro - H. Typhlosion - Level 78
Rai - Luxray - Level 77
Juna - Umbreon - Level 78
Ryoko - H. Goodra - Level 79
Rijiro - H. Zoroark - Level 77
Tsubasa - H. Braviary - Level 77

Pokedex: Ninth Star Member
229 Caught, 231 Seen, 102 Completed

I went to show my Pokédex notes about the force of nature trio to Cogita. But, in response, she told me that they are actually a quartet and so she Summoned Enamorous.

The new Pokémon appeared and grunted Amooor, which, I believe, can be summed up in Amor, which is the equivalent of Love in Portuguese and in Spanish.

For a moment it didn't look ugly at all, Lol.

Last edited:
Oh, my goodness! Yesterday, I had some AMAZING luck getting Shinies! First (from yesterday) is Zorua (I sort of squeaked a "Yes!" when I caught it, second is Shinx, which I still can hardly believe I caught, third is Skuntank, though I saw that it’s colour was different BEFORE the game confirmed that it was a Shiny. I just woke up from a literal nightmare, and I feel like my next Shiny, oh, my goodness! It’s one which I feel like I deserved to get. I was getting impatient with waiting for a Starly outbreak. Yet, this morning, after I woke up from the nightmare? I get an outbreak. I saved my game, and I managed to get myself a Shiny Starly. Just like Zorua, I sort of squeaked my "Yes!". So, four Shinies in under 24 hours? The Force is with us.

I just really finished the game story with Arceus.

That was a hell of a fight. I suck at action stuff in general but finding the right times to dodge certain attacks was rough. It ended up just being a fight of me trying to get the gauge down as much as possible before I black out again. It really was like fighting a god with how many different things it could do. The disappearing act with the music even stopping was cool as heck. Terrifying and I could not dodge the attack, but cool.

I was honestly worried because it felt like the game was struggling with each black out. The screen to restart was pretty long.

The battle part was pretty epic. Arceus actually using the plates to change type to something good against my Pokemon and wrecking them with Judgement was something else.

When I finally beat it, the speech it gave was honestly kinda touching. Kinda surreal connecting with literal PokeGod like that, but it was cool. Very nice finish to the story. Lowkey expected the credits to roll again since I feel that can be considered the actual ending to the story, but not complaining.

I caught a shiny Buneary. Haven't even played the game for all of that long yet. Shinies either are more common in this game or I got really lucky. :O

I noticed it was a different color but forgot if Buneary had different forms that could explain that only to see that it is a shiny. lol

……
……

This morning, I got a Shiny Starly.

Tonight, I get another! What… sure, I Perfected its Pokédex Page. But, my goodness. Two Shiny Starly in the time span of roughly 14 hours? What are the odds?

Been a busy time since the last update. I've explored a good portion of the Alabaster Icelands, evolved my Alpha Machoke to Machamp and my OG Sneasel to Weavile, captured Alpha Mismagius and Lucario (among other less noticeable ones), and found evidence of a village having existed in the icelands in a deeply unsettling quest I can think of several interpretations for and none of them good.
The quest is called "Trace of a Lost Village".

I didn't quite get to finishing the dex today, mostly cause I forgot I still had a good amount of wisps to gather. I really wish I had been marking where they were as I went along to help with getting these last ones since I don't have to check all the other spots. It really would have been nice if the game marked it on the map automatically like it does in BOTW. So, I caught the remaining Pokemon I needed in the Coronet Highlands, and then realized I hadn't completed any other area because the game actually marks your dex when an area is finished.

I went to the Coastlands to do a Piplup mass outbreak, but I only did 4 of them because they are on a really annoying slope. The game ended up not saving my outbreak while resetting after the 4th one so I decided to give up on it. It was replaced with a Sealeo outbreak so I just said "I'll check one of those" and I get a shiny in the first one. I head back to the Highlands for the next one and after doing a Misdreavus mass outbreak I hear the sound of sparkles, but I don't see any. I walked around for at least a few minutes just looking for the shiny, but then I stumbled across it, a random Shiny Gligar. I quickly caught him and waited in the area for a space-time distortion so I could get Shieldon and Cranidos whom I caught. Then, for my next expedition, I decided to look for the remaining wisps in the Fieldlands and stumble into my third shiny of the day right away, a Shiny Bidoof. After catching him I go catch Landorus and attempt to find the rest of the wisps.

With just a few Pokemon and 9 more wisps to go, I am almost there on catching all the Pokemon and am hoping to battle with Arceus next week.

Pokedex: Ninth Star Member
237 Caught, 238 Seen, 104 Completed

I caught a shiny Buneary. Haven't even played the game for all of that long yet. Shinies either are more common in this game or I got really lucky. :O

I noticed it was a different color but forgot if Buneary had different forms that could explain that only to see that it is a shiny. lol
Congratulations! Once you get a Perfect Pokédex Page for a certain Pokémon, say Starly, Shinx, Budew, etc, your odds of finding a Shiny of the corresponding Pokémon increase dramatically. Plus, keep an eye out for Outbreaks. Those, combined with Perfect Pokédex Page, equal to being close to the Shiny Charm territory.

Beat the main story yesterday. Beni was actually fairly easy with how fragile Gardevoir and Gallade are in this game, while Sneasler just doesn't have a counter for Ground-types or Psychic-types lmao. Mismagius was alright. Kamado was even easier which was a bit of a letdown imo. Captured Palkia since I sided with Irida and fought Origin Dialga which admittedly looks better in motion. Great final boss and a welcome change of pace from the traditional champion battle.
Now I'm preparing to fight Volo after gathering the remaining plates. Found a Bastiodon through a distortion and a shiny Gardevoir through an outreak in the process. Still no Cherubi

Beat the main story yesterday. Beni was actually fairly easy with how fragile Gardevoir and Gallade are in this game, while Sneasler just doesn't have a counter for Ground-types or Psychic-types lmao. Mismagius was alright. Kamado was even easier which was a bit of a letdown imo. Captured Palkia since I sided with Irida and fought Origin Dialga which admittedly looks better in motion. Great final boss and a welcome change of pace from the traditional champion battle.
Now I'm preparing to fight Volo after gathering the remaining plates. Found a Bastiodon through a distortion and a shiny Gardevoir through an outreak in the process. Still no Cherubi

As far as I know, Cherubi can only be found in some trees in the Heartwood (Obsidian Fieldlands map).

Last edited:
I was going to eventually ask about where to find Cherubi, but I see somebody answered that now!

I caught my first shiny outside the request Ponyta the other day! It's a Machoke and I immediately evolved it because I didn't yet have a Machamp. Which means my very first Machamp is a shiny one. lol Completely full odds too, as I don't have the Shiny Charm and it wasn't in a mass outbreak. I've been working on leveling up my team more so I can try that final trainer battle again. It also took me way too long to figure out who to talk to to grow stuff in the crop fields in Jubilife Village... xP But I started doing that so I could get mints. I decided changing the couple of bad natures I have on my team would be a good idea and I did that!

I've been inactive in Legends these past few days, given the Registeel raids, the Hoppip Community Day, and the Valentine's Day event in GO, the Milcery max raids in SwSh, and playing Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix.

My Dex is currently 211 seen, 201 caught, 124 completed, with five perfect entries, and all 28 Unown forms caught. After a long drought in Shiny Pokémon, I decided to just focus on my dex for the time being in the hopes of getting perfect entries. However, I've been checking on Mass Outbreaks, and when a Riolu outbreak popped up, I decided to do it since I wanted to complete its dex entry. As I glided on H-Braviary down the slope in the Alabaster Islands, I heard the sparking sound. Next thing I knew, I had caught myself a Shiny Riolu.

I still have yet to battle Noble Hisuian Avalugg, although I already know what comes next, and I'm preparing for it.

Decidueye ♂: Level 83
Rapidash ♀: Level 84
Luxray ♂: Level 82
Crobat ♀: Level 86
Garchomp ♂: Level 85
Zoroark ♀: Level 67

Update: I've quelled Lord Avalug, calming the last frenzied noble (he killed me like 3 times though, I had some trouble with the camera), and finalized my team for the endgame push (might switch it up in post-game):
Typhlosion
Floatzel
Raichu
Garchomp
Alakazam
Weavile
Gave them a bunch of effort from grit, focusing on speed and trying to get everything (except useless ones like Attack for Alakazam) to 4--I've notice you get a bigger stat bump from Effort Levels that require a new item type so 1, 4, 7, and 10.

Got banished by a paranoid commander Kamado. I chose to team up with Adaman since he's been on my side pretty much since the start then had to track the lake trio and pass their tests, managed to catch Overqwil and Zoroark guarding them (I already had an Alpha Sligoo so I didn't bother with catching Goodra), Cyllene reinstated me.

After beating the main story yesterday, I started making headway through my Dex... I want me that Lovecraftian horror God Pokemon. I want it bad. Already making pretty decent progress; aside from Magby and Elekid, most of the Pokemon I'm searching for are evolutions of Pokemon I already have, so I'm just wandering around on Wyrdeer and battling any Alphas I find to level them up to evolve whilst also grinding satchels for held item evos. I have to say though, those random encounters with the Miss Fortune Sisters are a real pain; I've only been carrying around my Typhlosion for battles and when Rhydon followed by Gengar are sent out, I'm... a little screwed. Ah well. TwT

I also finally encountered my first Shiny today - a Stantler!
It ran away immediately.
:wynaut:

I have to say though, those random encounters with the Miss Fortune Sisters are a real pain; I've only been carrying around my Typhlosion for battles and when Rhydon followed by Gengar are sent out, I'm... a little screwed. Ah well. TwT

These encounters are your main source of income from the game. And since they only use 1 or 2 Pokemons, they shouldn't be that much of a problem.

I also finally encountered my first Shiny today - a Stantler!
It ran away immediately.
:wynaut:

Don't even get me started, stantler are easily startled Lol. This is one of the reasons why I personally only use braviary.

Back
Top Bottom