• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends Arceus Travelog Thread

I got my second shiny in the form of a yellow balloon. I was just minding my own business catching Pokémon in the Ramanas Island when the sparkle showed up.

So I just caught Dialga at full health first try with an ultra ball

They're kinda op this game, it just feels easier to catch pokemon without weakening them

So I just caught Dialga at full health first try with an ultra ball

They're kinda op this game, it just feels easier to catch pokemon without weakening them
Given the premise of the game (creating the first Pokedex), it makes sense that the catch rate of every Pokemon is increased so that they are easier to catch.

I was trying to perfect some Dex page for the Fieldlands before continuing to the Firespit Island. Managed to perfect Buizel's and made a lot of progress for some others. That's when I encountered a shiny Lickitung in the time-space distortion. It's quite curious that the shinies began appearing in the last 10 hours or so without me actively searching while they didn't show up in the first 40+ hours even when I put some effort to look them up (not complaining, tho).

Unfortunately it despawned right when I just pressed ZR to throw a Ball. :confused:

I was trying to perfect some Dex page for the Fieldlands before continuing to the Firespit Island. Managed to perfect Buizel's and made a lot of progress for some others. That's when I encountered a shiny Lickitung in the time-space distortion. It's quite curious that the shinies began appearing in the last 10 hours or so without me actively searching while they didn't show up in the first 40+ hours even when I put some effort to look them up (not complaining, tho).

Unfortunately it despawned right when I just pressed ZR to throw a Ball. :confused:
Sorry to hear about the Lickitung.

Is it luck? Is it The Force? Or something else? Today, I was finishing up the Wisps portion of the game. However, I gave myself a little task. Before I would push A on Wisp #107, I had the task of hunting for a Shiny Pokémon. Any Shiny. Hours went by, and nothing. I was getting mildly frustrated, and when I heard that famous sound, I thought I was imagining it. So, I looked from top to bottom for my next capture, and it started to look like I DID imagine the Shiny Sound. But, when I passed by the same place, I heard it again. I looked, and I saw the Shiny. My third Shiny Starly. Another girl. All three of them are girls!

My approach to the the last part of the Request was to switch half of the Team with the Shiny Starly trio.

I managed to snag Spiritomb with only two balls. Needless to say, all three Shiny Starly are eligible to evolve. However, will I? I don’t think I will. I just can’t evolve my Starly. That’s why I capture Staravia.

All in all, I do think I should Shiny Hunt for the rest of the evolutionary line.

To commemorate this, I am seeking for some general feedback about something. I want to make a Shiny Postcard. But, I have a hard time with visual design. Any suggestions for the Postcard? This is something I will share with those who are interested.

Thanks for your time in reading this message.

Making good progress on my Dex now! :bulbaWave: I have no real reasoning for doing so, but I wanted to try and fill out my Dex before pursuing any of the Legendaries or leftover sidequests, and I'm relieved that I'm almost done. At the moment, I'm satchel grinding whilst keeping my fingers crossed for distortions, as almost all of the 'Mon I have left to register are stone or item-based evolutions. Aside from that, I'm just hoping I come across another Shiny... still bummed out about that Stantler. Anyway, the Pokemon I still have left to register are:

Scizor, Gallade, Rhypherior, Honchcrow, Magby, Magmortar, Electivire, Gliscor, Garchomp, Mismagius, Sneasler, Braviary, and Lucario.

These encounters are your main source of income from the game. And since they only use 1 or 2 Pokemons, they shouldn't be that much of a problem.
To be fair, the item drops are probably worth it. As I said however, the only 'Mon I was carrying around for the sake of battling was my Hisuian Typhlosion, a Fire and Ghost type, and whenever I got ambushed by the sister with a Rhydon and Gengar (I forget her name - Bertha and Agatha's presumed ancestor?), said Typhlosion would be down after a few turns, leaving only my very weak, low-levelled Pokemon that I was carrying around to evolve to fight - they're also, obviously, taken out very quickly. After a little bit I switched out to carrying my Goodra around instead, but it was still quite irritating at the time. Forced random battles in a game that focuses much more on catching took me by surprise a little, haha.

Scizor, Gallade, Rhypherior, Honchcrow, Magby, Magmortar, Electivire, Gliscor, Garchomp, Mismagius, Sneasler, Braviary, and Lucario.

Almost all of these Pokemon you can easily catch on the overworld map, except Scizor, Sneasler and Magmortar which comes from distortions. Braviary, I believe, you can only get it through evolution, but you will only have to level up one or two levels.

After a little bit I switched out to carrying my Goodra around instead, but it was still quite irritating at the time. Forced random battles in a game that focuses much more on catching took me by surprise a little, haha.

They won't take you by surprise if you're flying. On the contrary, it's quite possible that you'll catch them by surprise, in which case their dialogue changes Lol.

Beat Volo yesterday. Ursaluna is such a beast, taking down half of his party before fainting lol - granted I'm very overlevelled for this fight, but impressive regardless. Though even with higher levels Giratina was still challenging but Weavile managed to finish it off. All in all perhaps my favourite boss battle in any Pokemon game :bulbaLove:

Current Team:
Typhlosion lv.80
Lilligant lv.80
Ursaluna lv.80
Zoroark lv.80
Weavile lv.80
Gyarados lv.79

Beat Volo yesterday. Ursaluna is such a beast, taking down half of his party before fainting lol - granted I'm very overlevelled for this fight, but impressive regardless. Though even with higher levels Giratina was still challenging but Weavile managed to finish it off. All in all perhaps my favourite boss battle in any Pokemon game :bulbaLove:

Current Team:
Typhlosion lv.80
Lilligant lv.80
Ursaluna lv.80
Zoroark lv.80
Weavile lv.80
Gyarados lv.79

What moveset do you use in Ursaluna?

Last edited:
Beat the main story yesterday

Can I just say the 5th and last nobles are great, love the setting and fights with them. I did the last one on 1 HP, so I deliberately got hurt until the screen was red (ie one hit away from dying) then I did the fight. Pretty hype and made it more fun. I complain a lot about challenge, but I like how you can change certain variables to make it harder. Like using less pokemon, less health, etc. Pokemon's pretty versatile with this and I really appreciate it, particularly with this game

Over the course of the week I finished catching the weather trio. The hardest (up until Enamorous) was Tornadus in the Icelands. Just the location it spawns in, with a ton of aggressive Glalie, and an Alpha Glalie spawns there. It definitely went through a good 20-30 of the spoiled apricorns I've been saving up since the beginning of the game.

The missing wisp I had in Obsidian Fieldlands was bugging me all week and I just kept searching the area. I thought I checked all the places but it turns out I just missed marking one, and that was the one I was missing. So I found that one today, as well as the remaining wisps in each area, and brought them all to the girl to obtain Spiritomb. Definitely saw that ending coming from the very beginning, but besides the missing few I had, I did enjoy the quest.

After finishing up the wisps, I went ahead and completed the pokedex entries for the weather trio and brought the news to Cogita. She then told me about Enamorous, who I went to go find and catch. This Pokemon was an absolute nightmare to catch for me. For some reason, I couldn't seem to battle her after breaking her shields like I did with her brothers. Like I was sure I broke her shield but she was like "nah". I spent around 20 minutes running around the bog chasing her till I finally caught her off guard and hit her with a backstrike Jet Ball. Caught her with that so I'll take it. I then completed her dex entry and that was it, it was on to Arceus.

I don't know what happened, it might have been a glitch, or maybe it is some sort of feature based on how much trouble you have with the nobles. But I started the Arceus battle with only a quarter of its health left. Whatever it was, it wasn't exclusive to my game because I just looked it up and it's happened to other people. I felt a little off about it at first, but after the first run I was immediately grateful. Arceus is tough! Not only do its attacks hit really hard, some of them stun you for so long, and he doesn't follow any pattern. It took me about 5 tries to just figure out what to do with the two basic attacks, and then it switched it up by starting with a different one I hadn't even seen before that was very hard to avoid. It ended up taking me 9 tries, but I completed it. And with that, I officially caught all Pokemon.

Celebrated by doing a few mass outbreaks, one of them being a Munchlax. They stopped spawning so instead of just using Pokeballs I decided to scare the rest off. I'm very glad I did because I just made it a few steps closer to the hot spring and I heard the sound of shiny sparkles. Shiny Aipom just chilling in the hot spring.

Edit: Did a few more outbreaks this evening. Got a Shiny Buizel in one outbreak, and a Shiny Chimchar in 10 or so. So I got two pink monkeys today.

Pokedex: Ninth Star Member
242 Caught, 242 Seen, 115 Completed

Last edited:
So, after having dropped this game for a few days, I picked it back up yesterday as well as today and...
I beat Volo and his stupid Giratina. I thought there was one more thing I could try, aside from also giving my Samurott Ice Beam, and if that didn't work, I would have absolutely no idea anymore and just be done for absolute good maybe. But I decided to see if using my max revives and potions right as I send out a Pokemon would be fine and it was. Because after I lose a Pokemon, I send out one that's resistant against whatever Volo already has out, so I could use that opportunity to revive a Pokemon or use a potion and then attack. My Pokemon would be able to take a hit at that point and still KO the opposing one. That way I did have enough Pokemon waiting when Giratina came and I was able to start with Sylveon against it too. Sylveon and Samurott weakened it in both forms and my Rapidash and Leafeon finished it off. I thought Rapidash was going to get the last blow, but that stupid thing was still left with a tiny bit of HP, so Leafeon who was all I had left at that point had to do the job.

I'm glad I at last don't have to worry about this anymore. I still think this battle is overkill...

Shiny Paras (Male), and Shiny Starly (Female). All of my Shiny Starly are girls! I wonder if anyone has any ideas about how I can design a Shiny Passport, so I can add my first 1 Shinies, and suchlike? It’s to commemorate my accomplishment.

Congrats! Are you planning on completing the entries and ranks? You'll get the Shiny Charm for completing all entries.
Thank you! Yep. I definitely want to get to completing the entries, especially before the next big game steals my attention away from this one (Splatoon3 in the summer).

(sorry for the double post)

Been doing some shiny hunting these past couple of days and passively working on Pokedex completion. I realized that there are actually some outfits in the game locked behind completing entries for certain Pokemon, so I'll definitely work on those. I've completed 121 pages so far some I'm officially halfway there. Got my first duplicate shiny yesterday, a second shiny Bidoof, so I'll evolve her at some point so I can have the whole line as I do with the Buizel line.

Shiny Glameow must hate me or something. I did 44 Mass outbreaks between last night and today and had to stop when I found a Shiny Parasect while going up to them (though I probably could have figured out a way to keep the outbreak. I'm happy about the Parasect, but I do wish I got that Glameow.

Did not have any interesting outbreaks again till this evening when an Eevee popped up in the Icelands. I went to do it immediately, seeing as I skipped over the last one I saw because I was working on Goomy. I caught them all and instead of resetting right there, I decided to go check how many I caught because it felt like more than normal.
And I am very glad I did because on the way back I got my second shiny alpha, the static Sneasel on the path near the Icepeak camp. I almost squealed I was so happy. Hisuian Sneasel has one of my favorite new shinies (Zorua and Zoroark being my absolute fav). I saved and took some photos of her before catching her. A great way to end the night.

Pokedex: Ninth Star Member
242 Caught, 242 Seen, 121 Completed

With 185 Pages done, I am getting a smidge nervous. When I get the Shiny Charm, I will obviously see a lot more Shinies. But, I am considering something. I am considering lending a Shiny for the Pokédex. For instance, I have six Shiny Starly, and all are girls. The problem with that is, I can’t seem to get a Shiny Staravia or Staraptor. For whatever reason, I don’t have any luck with finding a male Shiny Starly.

So, considering that others may have the same sort of situation, I think it’s only fair that I can help them with registering the Shinies that I have to offer, even now, even though I don’t have the Shiny Charm.

For instance, if you are seeking a male Shiny Paras, I can temporarily trade for a Shiny which I have been seeking, like a male Shiny ChimChar, or Starly. Or, one of each gender of Staravia and Staraptor. All in all, my offer is a voluntary one, and I think it’s a good idea, provided that both participants hold up their end of the bargain.

I enjoy Shiny Hunting, don’t get me wrong. But, yikes, some of them are just so frustrating to find. But, this way, it’s to help people with the Shinies that they have a hard time finding on their end, like a female Shiny Starly.

Back
Top Bottom