• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends Arceus Travelog Thread

I guess you guys are surprised that I got a Shiny Riolu. To be honest, I'm still in shock. And now I got myself two more Shiny Pokémon (Budew and Stunky) in Mass Outbreaks, and a Shiny Swinub by random chance.

Anyway, I've further advanced. Noble Hisuian Avalugg was definitely a worthy challenge, needing good timing to dodge his attacks. Palkia was the Final Boss for me because I choose Adaman as my partner. I also collected all the plates and defeated Volo and Giratina; if you're going to have a game similar to Final Fantasy X, might as well have an insane and nihilist villain influenced by Seymour Guado, right?

Right now, I'm trying to get completed entries for all Pokemon. 229 seen, 223 caught, 149 completed.

A part of me wished that Jubilie Village would get burnt down after seeing the townsfolk turn against me.

Decidueye ♂: Level 88
Rapidash ♀: Level 89
Luxray ♂: Level 88
Crobat ♀: Level 88
Garchomp ♂: Level 90
Zoroark ♀: Level 79

I just finished the main story and I have to say that the hardest of the nobles to beat was Arcanine. What made him so difficult was in the second phase when he charged his undodgeable attack, he put up a fire vortex that prevented me from getting close to hit him with balms. I know that I could throw them at a distance but I always had trouble judging the distance so he would always have enough time to get the attack off, forcing me to eat two attacks, requiring me to be absolutely perfect for the rest of the fight. None of the other nobles gave me that much trouble. And when I faced off against Dialga, he was actually pretty easy to beat. I didn't even battle him with Pokémon, just the balms and I beat him only taking one hit due to my own carelessness. Now it's on to capturing the rest of the Pokémon so I can meet Arceus again.

A little tip for finding Bonsly: At Diamond Heath, look for Shaking Ores, and chuck one of your Pokémon at the Ores. Bonsly should pop out, and be an easy catch.

Last edited:
Ugh it should not have taken me as long as it did to get even one freaking Pichu and Munchlax to spawn in Obsidian Fieldlands so I could finally catch them. But I did, and conveniently in the same run, so at least there was that.

Now I'm having trouble catching the forces trio...

I actually got Landorus, since he's in a not so annoying spot to deal with and doesn't need a particular weather. But Thundurus and Tornadus are both hanging around a lot of aggressive and alpha Pokemon AND are weather dependent. :/ I get that I also have to break their "shields" and use the smoke screens to get close enough to them, but it's still annoying to have to do when other Pokemon are attacking me. I would just defeat them all, but there's no time. The weather needed for these guys doesn't last long enough at all. Really should be longer. :/

Ugh it should not have taken me as long as it did to get even one freaking Pichu and Munchlax to spawn in Obsidian Fieldlands so I could finally catch them. But I did, and conveniently in the same run, so at least there was that.

Now I'm having trouble catching the forces trio...

I actually got Landorus, since he's in a not so annoying spot to deal with and doesn't need a particular weather. But Thundurus and Tornadus are both hanging around a lot of aggressive and alpha Pokemon AND are weather dependent. :/ I get that I also have to break their "shields" and use the smoke screens to get close enough to them, but it's still annoying to have to do when other Pokemon are attacking me. I would just defeat them all, but there's no time. The weather needed for these guys doesn't last long enough at all. Really should be longer. :/
My suggestion, and I read this in the comments section of a Youtube video on how to catch them that used a different strategy, is to use Smoke Bombs to get close without them noticing you. Stealth Spray can also help. Once you're close enough, use a Pokéball in the Feather Ball class to break the shield. Repeat this strategy until the Pokémon is stunned and you can send in a Pokémon to battle them. That was my strategy and it worked brilliantly.

My suggestion, and I read this in the comments section of a Youtube video on how to catch them that used a different strategy, is to use Smoke Bombs to get close without them noticing you. Stealth Spray can also help. Once you're close enough, use a Pokéball in the Feather Ball class to break the shield. Repeat this strategy until the Pokémon is stunned and you can send in a Pokémon to battle them. That was my strategy and it worked brilliantly.
I literally said, I did all those things. The stealth spray doesn't work. I was still attacked by Pokemon when I used it while trying to get my second of the trio. But I guess I could just battle the other two. I thought I could just catch all them without having to battle, but I don't mind having to do so.

After much procrastination (though to my defense I've been doing a lot of writing for both Chaos Rising and Dawn of Courage), I finally moved on with the plot in my main playthrough. Having entered the Alabaster Icelands I spent a ton of time catching new Mons and training my current team. I also did a few space-time distortions to farm for items like Shards so I can make Star Pieces for fast cash, along with catching anything that looked interesting. I made my way to where Irida and Adaman were waiting with the final Pearl Clan Warden (forgot his name) so I can start the Braviary "quest" to get the needed items for facing the Noble: H-Avalugg. I kept getting lost trying to navigate the icelands, pretty much stumbling upon Sabi or whatever by chance the first time. But it allowed me to catch numerous Alpha Mons such as Piloswine, Swinub, Lucario, Electabuzz, and Glalie. I also finally found my second Unown. And good god, is sniping a Mon flying in the air with even Jet Balls hard. I spent a good 20 Jet Balls and 10 Wing Balls trying to nab a Crobat that was flying around the area near where I found the Alpha Lucario and Unown, finally succeeding when I got close enough for it to work.

After much trial-and-error going around the icelands I finally found the Pearl Clan settlement and then Snowpoint Temple. My god, it looks great when fully rendered in 3D, much better than in BDSP. It actually looks like a sacred temple. While in there I also nabbed an Alpha Galade. The puzzles were pretty easy though I had to go over the order of a few of them a couple of times to ensure I got it. Then I faced Sabi's Magmortar, Electrivire, and Rhyperior using Gaia the Alpha Torterra. He one-shot all of them like it was child's play. Then Pyro took down H-Braviary and now I can use the psychic eagle to fly. So I got the needed item for the battle with the Noble and took a break. My team is as followed:

Pyro (H-Typhlosion, male, 82)
Gaia (Alpha Torterra, male, 79)
Hawkeye (Staraptor, male, 78)
Hatchet (Kleavor, male, 76)
Riptide (Basculegion, female, 75)
Lilith (Sneasler, female, 73)

Yeah, my team is grossly overleveled at this point in the game. That's because of all the catching and exploring (see: getting lost) I've done. Also, because I went into this game totally blind I finally learned the value of Stealth Sprays and Smoke Bombs. I will be honest, not only did I not understand what they did (Smoke Bombs in particular, as I thought they were similar to the stunning items like Spoiled Apricorn) but I largely neglected collecting the materials for them. Fortunately, as I've been selling not only Star Pieces but all the EXP Candies I've gathered from the various Alphas I was able to easily buy several of both, as I now understand what they're used for. And boy do I feel like a total moron, as I've been doing things the sucker way prior to now. At least I've started a new file or two in other usernames (that I won't bother posting) so I can do things correctly in those playthroughs. Anyway, that's all for now.

so, i'm at the final portion of the main story where i get kicked out of the town and have to go on a journey to clear my name. i haven't really touched my game in a few days, but that's because i really don't want my journey to be "over". i mean sure, there's finishing the dex and getting the shiny charm (getting shinies in this game is super easy compared to previous titles so idk if i really want it), but i'm not sure what else is there for me in the post-game.

i guess i have to beat the game and find out, but mannn this game just has a solid grip on me and i don't want the journey to end!

I got a shiny Zorua from a mass outbreak yesterday! This one looks really good too, and I've also already seen what shiny Hisuian Zoroark looks like as well, it's also pretty great. This is my first outbreak shiny in the game.

I caught Thundurus, now I just need to wait for Tornadus to show up in the Icelands and then I can get my hands on Enamorus. I actually rather like her.

Yesterday, I grabbed a Red Gyarados, two Shiny Geodude (one Male, one Female), Shiny Electabuzz, Shiny Misdreavus, Shiny Gible, and my eighth (and second Male Shiny Starly). Gosh, that Shiny Charm does not too bad for bringing me some Shinies!

I didn't play much during the week with work and all, but I did get to play here and there. So I spent my time checking the occasional mass outbreak (even doing 30 resets for Hisuian Zoroark whom I did not get), doing research tasks, and finishing up the Unown alphabet. My shiny luck over the week was pretty decent (besides the zero Hisuian Zoroark), with 4 shinies, A Staravia and Paras on the 21st, A Misdreavus on the 22nd, and a Ponyta on the 25th. Yesterday I finished the Unown up and caught a second Shiny Wurmple. I decided to save and evolve both of them to see what they were, and I stuck with the new one as it evolved into a Shiny Beautifly. I would like to have a shiny Dustox though one day.

The Daybreak Update was released today, and I immediately went into completing the requests for that. My first massive mass outbreak was quite lucky, producing my first run with 2 shinies in it, a second Shiny Parasect, and an Alpha Shiny Chatot from one of those all Alpha outbreaks. I've done a few separate outbreaks for now looking for shiny Chatot, so I'm glad I finally got one. Unfortunately, that was where my luck ended though, and I didn't get any more shinies while completing the quests. I have to say I really like massive mass outbreaks. They're quite fun to do, whether I pick an outbreak or two to complete, or just try and fly over all of them and see if I have any luck. I also really loved the little story that went along with it, especially the ending. It's just the sweetest, and I have a lot more appreciation for Mai as a character too.

Edit: I did a few more massive mass outbreaks last night, just flying over all of them and fully checking through the ones I wanted anything from. Ended up with a Shiny Bronsor.

Team:
Ichiro - H. Typhlosion - Level 87 (officially over the level my very first Pokemon, my Typhlosion in Crysta, was before the emulator vanished)
Rai - Luxray - Level 87
Juna - Umbreon - Level 88
Ryoko - H. Goodra - Level 87
Rijiro - H. Zoroark - Level 87
Tsubasa - H. Braviary - Level 86

Pokedex: Ninth Star Member
242 Caught, 242 Seen, 143 Completed

Last edited:
Small update since last time.

Anyway, after exploring the Alabaster Icelands some more, catching several more Mons such as Alpha Machamp, Alpha Bergmite, Alpha Mamoswine, two more Unown, and several others. I finally made my way to Avalugg's arena. As I said in another thread Avalugg was the toughest Noble for me to beat. It took me three tries to beat him as I either mistimed my balm throws or was unable to trigger a battle with it. But, in the end, I managed to quell it. Then I returned to Jublilife Village and turned in a few requests that I had completed before stopping, as the Avalugg battle took a lot out of me.

On a side-note, in one of my other playthroughs I ran into my first shiny that ISN'T the free Ponyta: a Drifloon. I had noticed its color from afar, at first thinking it may just be the rendering, but when I got closer the sparkle effect happened and I immediately engaged it. Caught it and named her Floatia after the city in Digimon World Next 0rder. Sadly, she doesn't have a great Nature: Careful, but since she's my first shiny in this game outside of the free Ponyta I'm keeping her on-hand for a bit until she becomes a Drifblim.

I chose Oshawott as that was my favorite of Unova. Interested to see how it evolves.

I know I'm still in the early part of the game, not sure at the moment what I am doing as I have to charge my nintendo switch lite but the game is sadly becoming boring to me and a waste of the $62 I paid for it. :( Shame as I was really looking forward to it.

Back
Top Bottom