• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Shaymin (signups and discussion)

The name is Kiun, not shadow. I thought you didn't name your greninja and just put their type in brackets, which is what I did. Hope it clears it up!
No problem.
If we go by this list that @LightningTopaz made:
--Spirit--Normal
--Earth--Ground, Rock, Steel
--Wood--Grass, most Bug
--Fire--Fire, Fighting
--Wind--Flying, some Bug
--Water--Water, some Ice
--Snow--most Ice
--Thunder--Electric
--Moon--noble Dark, Ghost, and Poison types
--Sun--Psychic, Dragon, Fairy
Well, Greninja would be considered a Water/Moon type, while Zorua would be a pure Moon type. At least, I think that is how this will work.

Last edited:
No problem.
If we go by this list that @LightningTopaz made:
If we compare the real type chart to this:
--Spirit--Normal
--Earth--Ground, Rock, Steel
--Wood--Grass, most Bug
--Fire--Fire, Fighting
--Wind--Flying, some Bug
--Water--Water, some Ice
--Snow--most Ice
--Thunder--Electric
--Moon--noble Dark, Ghost, and Poison types
--Sun--Psychic, Dragon, Fairy
Well, Greninja would be considered a Water/Moon type, while Zorua would be a pure Moon type. At least, I think that is how this will work.
I wouldn't say that Kiun is exactly noble, but they aren't dishonourable either. Had a dishonourable dark been here, Kiun would've been Moon/whathever the dishonourable dark type is. If dishonourable dark can't be a type, I'm fine with Kiun being pure Moon. @LightningTopaz what do you say?

I wouldn't say that Kiun is exactly noble, but they aren't dishonourable either. Had a dishonourable dark been here, Kiun would've been Moon/whathever the dishonourable dark type is. If dishonourable dark can't be a type, I'm fine with Kiun being pure Moon. @LightningTopaz what do you say?
Now that you mention that, I wonder if Greninja would be a moon type. He is noble, just like Kyo.
Also, I wonder if Poke Balls are a thing in this story.

Sorry for the double post. I decided to change my Greninja's nickname to something else. I changed it to aphotic, which is the name of the deep parts of the ocean where the sunlight does not penetrate. Makes more sense for a Greninja, honestly.

@KirbyBulba737
Given your character's amoral behavior, I assumed they're an example of a not-completely-vile shadow-user - also given no "honorable" martial artist can wield it. In line with that and having been around for ages, thoughts are that while the Shugoha family is acutely aware that while dishonorable by definition, this does not mean all shadow ki wielders are evil or evil in the same way. This is most certainly a little radical on their behalf given public opinion, so they tend to be more outwardly neutral.

That said while not prejudiced against shadow ki alone, Tsumugi herself might have words for a notorious trickster and con artist. :p But so long as you're dedicated to Jade Flower, she'll work with you. Commonality is the key to making any alignment or ideological difference work in a game, after all.

@KirbyBulba737
Given your character's amoral behavior, I assumed they're an example of a not-completely-vile shadow-user - also given no "honorable" martial artist can wield it. In line with that and having been around for ages, thoughts are that while the Shugoha family is acutely aware that while dishonorable by definition, this does not mean all shadow ki wielders are evil or evil in the same way. This is most certainly a little radical on their behalf given public opinion, so they tend to be more outwardly neutral.

That said while not prejudiced against shadow ki alone, Tsumugi herself might have words for a notorious trickster and con artist. :p But so long as you're dedicated to Jade Flower, she'll work with you. Commonality is the key to making any alignment or ideological difference work in a game, after all.
Sukong isn't really a con artist, he just pranks people and steals food, money or food once in a while.

@Greninjaman

(reveal Jade Flower as Shaymin now?)
I'd say it's a bit too soon.

@System Error

At the moment, I'm waiting on first posts from everyone. and your profile (if you hadn't posted it already)
My wi-fi is not working so I might have some issues joining in the roleplay (I'm on Mobile). Hopefully it shouldn't be to much of an obstacle.
As for when I'm going to make my first post (on the IC thread I assume) I thought of making him appear later, around the time the group and Jade Flower start talking about the blooms. Is there any problem?

My wi-fi is not working so I might have some issues joining in the roleplay (I'm on Mobile). Hopefully it shouldn't be to much of an obstacle.
As for when I'm going to make my first post (on the IC thread I assume) I thought of making him appear later, around the time the group and Jade Flower start talking about the blooms. Is there any problem?
Perhaps you could have your character over the conversation about the blooms.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom