• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Legends Z-A Pokemon Legends Z-A General Speculation & Discussion

even if one were to go with the loosest possible way of building relationships with others a la persona-style... would that even be relevant in pokemon gaming? i'm curious how something like that would fit, narratively speaking.
I mean... we sort of almost kinda got that with the teachers in SV. Do classes, unlock conversations.

Yeah and then the “we best friends now have something like exp candy or a TM”
And then we have Jaqe or however you spell his name, giving you the shiny charm at full Pokédex which is impossible for me cause I don’t have Nintendo online which means I can’t trade-

I mean... we sort of almost kinda got that with the teachers in SV. Do classes, unlock conversations.
good point, i did forget about that!

though to be fair, taking classes and interacting with the teachers is very easily missed although i did it so idk how i forgot so i'm unsure how much it counts in the context of the rest story, which was moreso what i was focused on. it's neat to talk to the teachers for some cool items and backstory here and there, but unless you're the type of person that's big into character lore, slice-of-life-y stuff moments, it doesn't really have an impact on the rest of the gameplay or story whatsoever.

unless i'm misunderstanding what people really want, here. is having character relationships mattering in the context of the plot something people want? like, if you improve your friendship with x or y person, and then they might show up to help you against whatever evil team you're fighting against? i guess that's one of the ways i can see it happening...

although not to get too offtopic here since this is the z-a thread and this should probably go in the future pokemon game speculation thread.

Since they're not giving us any way to directly replay Kalos in its original form it'd be cool if Z-A had an opening cutscene like the one from Metroid Dread where it gives a synopsis of the events of XY accompanied by new drawings of key moments

I mean, It's not really that hard/expensive to get ahold of a 3DS system (I should know, I have 4,) and a copy of X or Y these days though.
Well, it depends on your location and the model in question, I got my old 3DS XL for like 50 bucks, it was barely used until I bought it, tbh I got a good deal, I'm latin american, so electronics, let alone consoles, tend to be costly, even on second hand markets. since the og 3DS is around that price and the XL model can be seen at 70$, on par with the old 2DS, the New 3DS can vary wildly between 100-300$!

Modded consoles can command higher prices too, but anyone with a lil' bit of knowledge and tinkering skills can hack them, I was surprised on how easy it's to install Luma3DS lol,
I have it on my unit, I freaking love the ability to install custom themes and splash screens.

Since they're not giving us any way to directly replay Kalos in its original form it'd be cool if Z-A had an opening cutscene like the one from Metroid Dread where it gives a synopsis of the events of XY accompanied by new drawings of key moments
Honestly it's a good idea, a lot of people weren't around in the 3DS era so having some sort of abstract narrating the events of XY would be a nice touch so people who haven't played Gen VI for reasons don't feel left out or missing something, especially in these games that feature a heavy emphasis on lore.

Where will we be able to restore fossils (assuming we will be able to do that)? If the story entirely takes place within Lumiose City, and we never leave, then we can't go to that town where the fossil restoration machine is.

Where will we be able to restore fossils (assuming we will be able to do that)? If the story entirely takes place within Lumiose City, and we never leave, then we can't go to that town where the fossil restoration machine is.
They could easily install a fossil restoration kiosk at Sycamore's or some other research lab in the city

Think it's more likely they'll be roaming. Either though something like the space time distortions or just, revived and set free like the crown tundra. Especially if the game has PLA's "Catch a bunch of the same pokemon" mechanic.

Unless this game is set in the future I'm not expecting this to happen.

Y'know, it's shocking how many prediction videos/obviously fake leaks ive seen that make Team Flare still the big bad of this game, like that wouldn't be very boring (One of them even gave them the EXACT same motivation as XY down to the ultimate weapon)

They probably will either not include Team Flare at all or they will subvert the entire point of the team like they did with PLA. I can't imagine them playing Team Flare straight.

Back
Top Bottom