• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Legends Z-A Pokemon Legends Z-A General Speculation & Discussion

I feel like Legends: Z-A is going to be very different compared to Legends: Arceus. We don't even know the core gameplay mechanics of Legends: Z-A (aside from catching and battling Pokémon).
Yeah, I won't be too surprised if the "Legends" line ends up being used for experimentation instead of having a specific style the way the main games do. Shifting from mostly an open area to a large city always points at a big divergence from the first one in terms of theme.

Yeah, I won't be too surprised if the "Legends" line ends up being used for experimentation instead of having a specific style the way the main games do. Shifting from mostly an open area to a large city always points at a big divergence from the first one in terms of theme.
Yeah. There is a difference between running around a large open field and running around a city. Two different experiences.

I found evidence of Legends Z-A being a sequel to X and Y and it all has to do with the map of Lumiose City of X and Y with the one from Z-A:

600px-Lumiose_City_map.png
600px-LumioseZAmap.png

From these two comparisons, the Legends Z-A version has a lot more details in appearance compared to the X and Y version, especially the plazas being different when comparing the two. And given that Z-A's version is supposed to be what Lumiose City is eventually going to end up like, then there's more reason for this Legends game taking place sometime in the future as a sequel.

The ZA map is more detailed because it's on better hardware than the XY map. I imagine that the blank spots on the XY map are indeed filled in, we just never see them. To me, the ZA map looks like it has more in common with its appearance in the anime than XY.

Last edited:
I once again point out that either the canal was moved or the map was rotated for some reason.
As for details, yeah thats just hardware, I will give you the Plaza's though, in XY they are just statues or whatever while they seem more like... parks? I guess? In the trailer
The canal is still there, just isn't as wide as in XY's map, which I'll kinda address now on the following answer.

The ZA map is more detailed because it's on better hardware than the XY map. I imagine that the blank spots on the XY map are indeed filled in, we just never see them. To me, the ZA map looks like it has more in common with its appearance in the anime than XY.
Z-A's map is divided exactly the same as XY's, with some faults, like the canal isn't as prominent, but it's still there, and the layout remains basically unchanged when paying close attention.

The only difference I see regards the XY map is the added detail in the form of more buildings and a narrower canal.

The canal is still there, just isn't as wide as in XY's map, which I'll kinda address now on the following answer.
No I know its still there, but its in a different position than before unless the map isnt pointing north for some reason in the trailer.
If it is then, in XY the canal is going through that upper left plaza, in the trailer its more in between the upper left and northern plaza, if you watch the trailer frame by frame you can follow the canal so it's defenintly what that is.

I would imagine the theme would be remixed with potentially new music for expanded areas of the city
I agree. Seeing as the game takes place entirely within the city (apparently), so it makes sense that there are different versions (such as one for during the day and one at night).

No I know its still there, but its in a different position than before unless the map isnt pointing north for some reason in the trailer.
If it is then, in XY the canal is going through that upper left plaza, in the trailer its more in between the upper left and northern plaza, if you watch the trailer frame by frame you can follow the canal so it's defenintly what that is.
1709862679878.png
1709862711485.png
1709862731851.png
1709862749108.png

It seems that the map wasn't pointing north, because if you compare it to XY's map, the layout is virtually the same, maybe it was an oversight.

I will add, that if you rotate the map so that vert plaza (normally bottom right) is north, the canal DOES suddenly line up, which is why I said the map might just be rotated for some reason
Only problem with this being that now Lumiose Tower is at an angle, rather than straight like on the trailer map, its weird.

I would imagine the theme would be remixed with potentially new music for expanded areas of the city

Yeah, I think they're just going to do what they did for different areas in a province in SV, where all of the overworld themes will just be variants of the Lumiose City theme. I'm guessing you're going to have a different version for each of the 5 slices/plazas, one for Centrico Plaza, different variants for special environments such as Prism Tower, sewers, catacombs, etc., but they all use the Lumiose City melody.

Yeah, I think they're just going to do what they did for different areas in a province in SV, where all of the overworld themes will just be variants of the Lumiose City theme. I'm guessing you're going to have a different version for each of the 5 slices/plazas, one for Centrico Plaza, different variants for special environments such as Prism Tower, sewers, catacombs, etc., but they all use the Lumiose City melody.
Even the battle theme (wild and trainer)?

Maybe not... ALL of them, even SV had areas with completely unique themes (The desert, the cities, ect.) I dont think the PLZA overworld themes are going to be exclusively Lumiose City Varients.
Which does remind me, I won't be suprised if we get remixes of themes of different routes/cities and such from XY even if we dont visit them.

Maybe not... ALL of them, even SV had areas with completely unique themes (The desert, the cities, ect.) I dont think the PLZA overworld themes are going to be exclusively Lumiose City Varients.
Which does remind me, I won't be suprised if we get remixes of themes of different routes/cities and such from XY even if we dont visit them.
I think the same. Some areas would certainly have unique themes. Like, Prism Tower might have a remix of the XY Gym theme (since that's where you fight Clement for his badge).

Well, I went and done it, I question my sanity but ive done my darnedest, decifered the Lumiose Map, and mapped out every darn Street, main or side, and even some alleys. I would like to point out this isnt even everything, theres PLENTY of parks, natural areas, spots in the middleof buildings, and alleys too small to even make out left on the map. Hopefully this helps people who are afraid about the size.
Red = Main street
Orange = Side main street
Yellow = True side street, maybe paths instead of roads
Green= Alleyways of sorts.
Blue= Canal
1709867755632.png
1709867771489.png

Last edited:
Even the battle theme (wild and trainer)?

No. Overworld themes, meaning the music that plays when you're just wandering around in the area. The battle themes will probably be remixes of XY's battle themes, but I think most if not all of the overworld themes will be Lumiose City remixes.

Mesagoza had a unique theme and maybe a handful of others, but even some of the cities were just variants of their respective province's theme. Likewise, the desert was just a more rugged and rustic sounding variant of the West Province theme.

Back
Top Bottom