• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Pokemon Life RP

The Charmander listened to the Ralts. He shivered when the Ralts said the word “Shiny”. But he didn’t hold that thought. He didn’t have any name yet.

-I’m a Charmander. You can call me Charmander for now. Your mother may have said that you can be friend with everyone, but believe me, it’s a lie. Everyone will try to use you and throw you out like garbage when they don’t need you anymore.

Charmander stopped for thinking a little.

-We can be partner for now if you want. We can find a way to get out of this place. If we hurry, maybe we can follow that human without being seen and see where she’s going. The Bulbasaur was right, if we want to be stronger, we’ll have to find a trainer. And trainer means easy food.

Charmander goes toward the door, try jumping to reach the handle hoping the professor won’t notice.

-A little help, partner?

He smirks, grins and winks at Lan-chan.

(That's supposed to be an "i")

The Ralts looked at Charmander confusedly...

"What did he mean by that?" He thought to himself... "My mother's usually never wrong when it comes to the power of love..."

"I'd like to help you and all..." The Ralts said "...but I can't use any Psychic attacks..."

Marceline yelps & staggers, and her anxiety swiftly returns. She dreads, as she had worried only minutes ago, that she may be a horrible human, one with whom a Pokémon would never snuggle or even be comfortable. For a some moments, Marceline stares at Bulbasaur as fretfulness visibly infests her body: one hand had by reflex moved to the wound from the teeth of Bulbasaur, and the other had lurched toward her chest as if to clutch her distressful heart; her eyes are bright & shaky; her breaths are faint & quick.

Slowly & stiffly, Marceline lowers her body to the ground. She asks, "What's wrong?"
She remembers that Pokémon cannot communicate to humans via language, thus she amends her question: "Do you trust me? Could... could you nod your head if you trust me and... shake your head like this--" Marceline briefly tilts her head to either shoulder "--if you... don't tust me? Please?"

The Charmander points to the door knob.

-I don't need your psychic power. I just needs your arms.

Charmander kneel down. He position his fiery tail carefully on his side.

-Just climb on my shoulders, partner. I'll give you a lift. Don't know how those humans do to open this thing, but I'm sure you'll find out.

"Personally, I hope Charmander is wrong about everyone trying to throw you out when you're no longer needed..." The Ralts begins to think to himself...

"But then again... Maybe there was some sort of trauma that occurred at birth that I might not know about..."

The Ralts gives a shrug and hops onto the Charmander's shoulders...

The Ralts reaches for the doorknob...

and with their combined height, Ralts reaches for the doorknob and gives it a turn...

"I think the humans can open this thing because they have something called "thumbs".

Marceline is not a person who can effeciently manage frustration. She simply malfunctions.

Marceline allows her body to slowly tilt to one side, which soon plops onto the ground. There, on her side, Marceline lies. She decides to think of compromises, and her now-dirty brow wrinkles as her mind hastily evaluates the issue. Simultaneously, she watches Bulbasaur lick itself. "I will love you," Marceline thinks with conviction.

The only requirement for any compromise would be the contentment of the Bulbasaur, and with that knowledge, Marceline quickly discovers a solution. Her eyes flicker as her focus returns to reality and her attention to the Bulbasaur.

"Okay," Marceline breathes into the dirt, which spurs a cloud of dust into her eyes. After she squirmed away from the ground and ceased to cough, Marceline, with her hands on her face (which is messy with more dirt & tears of pain), wheezes: "I'll follow you, instead."

-Thumbs? Maybe if you use your…?!

Charmander didn’t have the time to complete his sentence that he receives a door on the forehead. Losing his balance, he fell on his butt. He shook his head before realizing what’s happening.

-Oww. Ian-chan, are you okay???

He thought that the Ralts has been successful at opening the door, before seeing the same Bulbasaur entering the lab.

“What are you doing here”, he said, sourly.

The Ralts still hangs on to the doorknob. The Ralts then gives his answer.

"I'm okay, Charmander... and will you look at that... that mysterious girl is back... I wonder why..."

Marceline stops in the doorway to observe the situation. If the Bulbasaur had not destructively rattled her state of mind by complete obliteration of her expectations of her potential adventure & relationship, she may have more concern about the little, gentle Pokémon who maintains a distance from the floor via the doorknob and the sleeker, orange monster who growled an unpleasant noise at the Bulbasaur.

Marceline, although numb with uncertainy, chooses to slowly push the door with her hand so it will shut. She imagined that the Professor would prefer their Pokémon within the Lab due to the strong, wild Pokémon that roamed around the immediate area. Marceline tries to exert a gentle force with her hand to prevent an abrupt displacement of the little Pokémon from the doorknob.

Charmander gets up. His head is still a little dizzy. All the chaos didn’t help either. What’s happening in this place?

“The door!”, he thought suddenly, but it was already closed.

Like Ian-chan told him, the “mysterious” trainer was back. But she wasn’t alone. There was her Bulbasaur, and an unidentified other pokemon.

“Is that a Rattata?” he told himself.

No, it wasn’t. It was a Raticate. And it was in frenzy in the lab, making a mess. Papers were flying everywhere!

-Now, now, now, what do we have here, that’s the perfect opportunity for me to show my worth in battle!

Charmander jumped at the Raticate while growling. He missed his scratch attack. Raticate counters with a tackle attack that sent him flying toward Marceline. He is too angry to feel any pain.

-Grr! It’s definitely not a Rattata! Gee, it’s making me look weak!

"A RATICATE?!" The Ralts shouts out. "I won't let it destroy the lab!"

And with that, the Ralts pulls himself up off the doorknob with his little arms and jumps into action!

"Dreamy Fairy Night!", The Ralts yelled as it started to spin in mid-air.

A pink, dreamy mist begin to form from Ralts' hands as he spun... It was Misty Terrain! The Ralts used his Misty Terrain to float down to where the Raticate was causing trouble!

Marceline slowly, steadily inhales a fair amount of the anxious air, damp with mist, through her nostrils.

She had watched the Raticate - an uncommon but certainly familiar creature in her town - engage in their wild antics, slam against the ambitious, orange Pokémon, and continue to create a frenzy. She also had watched the teal & white Pokémon, suddenly loud and energetic, emit a cloud of pink vapor that surrounded the lab like a nightmarishly quick infestation of Bugs. Marceline, although she was physically near this activity, felt quite seperate.

Now, she watches the Bulbasaur, and she grimaced. An abrupt sensation of irritation gurgled in her stomach; she feels stupid.
Unable to effeciently cope, Marceline simply sits and decides to passively spectate the havok, the ploy of the Bulbasaur, until it resolved, if it ever resolved. She observes the Raticate with mild interest.

"Alright this is gone too far..."
Bulbasaur tried tackle on the raticate and it worked but it wasn't fainted yet

Charmander get up angrily and now run toward the Raticate. He's not letting the Bulbasaur get all the glory. He goes for an all-out Scratch attack! Which connect! Charmander was really proud of himself and check at the trainer wanting to be sure that she saw him.

The Raticate is not done yet. It counter with an Hyper Fang attack. Charmander didn't notice... and already being damaged by the previous attack, fainted.

upload_2018-6-2_7-19-51.png

"CHARMANDER!" The Ralts yells as his comrade goes down...

"THAT TEARS IT!" The Ralts shouts with a righteous anger to his voice...

"I won't let you get away with wrecking the Lab and hurting my friends! Prepare yourself, Raticate!"

The Ralts begins to strike a pose...

"In the name of Lunala, I WILL PUNISH YOU!!!"

And as the sun rises over the Pokémon Lab, the Ralts begins to glow with a mysterious aura...

The Raticate moves to attack Ian-chan, but The Ralts clenches his little fist, and it is surrounded by a hot, fiery mist, not unlike the Misty Terrain. Could this be...?

Then, Ralts charges vengefully at the Raticate as he yells, "FIST OF THE RISING SUN!!!"

The Ralts unleashed a powerful Fire Punch which connects with the wild Raticate, greatly weakening it!

Last edited:
Marceline puffs hot, irritable air out of her mouth.
"I shouldn't expect anything," she says to the floor.

She looks at the unconcious orange monster, whom the Raticate had swiftly dispatched from the skuffle. The ambitious fighter had looked at her, and she couldn't imagine why it sent her the gaze from their large, bright eyes, but it had certainly galvanized sympathy within her, and it now battles with her new apathy. She is again uncomfortable & uncertain. She squirms & worries about the Pokémon in the room, although she maintains her position on the floor, by the door, away from the bout.

That little white Pokémon is crazy like my day, Marceline thinks. They both have switched from extreme pleasantness to ridiculous chaos.

The bulbasaur finds 2 pokeballs and tries to tell their trainer with body language to capture the orange monster to take it to a pokemon centre and treat it kindly

Back
Top Bottom