• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

EVERYONE: Pokemon Lightning Yellow

@Greninjaman

Episode 9: The Music of Evolution

The next morning, Ash discovered two tickets lying on the kitchen table. "What are these?" he asked Brock, who was helping his mother prepare pancakes for the children.

"Tickets to the Pewter Museum for you and your companion." Brock replied as he flipped over the pancakes currently cooking in the skillet. "It's best known for combining education and entertainment under one roof."

He added "It's all well and good to be a powerful trainer, but also remember that knowledge is a kind of power too."

"We'll go check it out, if you need time to train your team." Ash replied as he took the tickets.

---------

"Wow..." Misty gasped as she and Ash arrived in the museum foyer. "This place is huge!"

After exchanging his ticket for a map of the museum, Ash took a moment to familiarize himself with the different areas of the museum. "Let's see...the nature wing is to the left, and the art wing is to the right..."

He glanced over at Misty. "What do you want to see first? Nature or paintings?"

"The paintings!" Misty grinned before running on ahead of Ash into the art wing, oohing and ahhing over the various paintings and sculptures depicting people, Pokemon, and abstract scenes. Ash, meanwhile, stood and admired the painting before him, depicting a dinosaur like creature and a whale like creature battling as a green dragon Pokemon soared over the scene.

[Are those even Pokemon?] Tintri asked as he tried to climb on Ash's shoulder to get a look at the painting.

"If you'd like more information about a piece in our collection, scan the Poke Ball icon by its nameplate with your PokeNav or Pokedex." a museum employee explained as she passed by.

Piqued, Ash scanned the black and white Poke Ball by the nameplate. "The painting displayed here depicts one of the oldest legends in the Houen region--the legend of Groudon, Kyorge, and Rayquaza." he read to the Pokemon. "This is also one of the earliest interpretations of the story by a Kanto artist, but ancient cave paintings in Houen also depict the story."

[Fascinating...] Wings commented from a pocket in Ash's bag.

A majestic sculpture depicting a blue and white bird with a flowing tail got Ash's attention, so he scanned the Poke Ball symbol with his Pokedex:

"Articuno, the freeze Pokemon. The magnificent, seemingly translucent wings of this legendary bird Pokemon are said to be made of ice."

"Wow..." Ash gasped--the sculpture and the image on his Pokedex looked nearly identical.

"Supposedly, Articuno is said to reside deep in the Seafoam Island caves, but no one's been brave enough to venture that far to find out." Misty replied. "Let's move on--I'm sure there's lots more to see!"

The paintings and sculptures gave way to dancer costumes, and exotic instruments from all over the world. "Oh...so this is the music and dance wing..." Misty mused. "I wonder if any of the instruments in here are playable..."

[What kind of a piano is THAT?] Tintri gasped, amazed at a piano-like device with hundreds of switches, knobs, and dials.

"Actually, this is an example of a analog synthesizer, the forerunner of today's digital pianos." a museum employee smiled. "You probably have heard one of these before if you've seen the Lights of Fantasy Parade at the Worlds family of parks--the music was initially performed on these and others like it."

"Cool!" Ash gasped.

"This one is playable, so feel free to attempt creating a new masterpiece on it." the employee offered, showing Ash to the synth's stool.

After studying the diagram explaining what each of the switches, knobs, and dials did and that anything he created would be saved on a souvenir CD, Ash set a few of them to his liking, then started the first song from piano lessons that came to mind--the Canon in D.

"What in the..." Misty gasped as the spacey rendition of the beloved classical melody drifted into the room. Her confused look turned to awe when she realized Ash was the one playing the song. She wanted to tell him he sounded wonderful, but as more and more people came to listen, she decided her compliment could wait until after Ash had finished.

Ash, meanwhile, focused on his remix of the timeless melody, aware that a growing crowd was coming to listen. This thing is actually easier than it looks to play...I'll definitely add a few more songs to this for my own souvenir album!

When the last ethereal D chord faded away, the wing thundered with applause. "Bravo!" Misty raved. "Not bad for someone that never had a lesson!"

Ash was about to respond when he saw a bright flash from his bag, and a Butterfree fluttered before him. "Wings....you liked that enough to evolve?"

[Of course--I imagined myself flying in the stars, and wished to fly.] Wings explained. [Not to mention I'll help you fly too...fly all the way to the League!]

As Wings flitted by Ash's side, Ash's audience clamored to hear more beloved melodies on the synth. "One at a time, please!" Ash called. "Plus I can't guarantee I'll know your request...."

With that he started another classical melody he remembered, complete with synth whistles. Misty's eyes sparkled over the remix of "Clair de Lune" Ash was creating. We may not make it through the rest of the museum, but that's okay....I could stay in here and listen to Ash play the synth for hours!

I see that you are taking your time and not just rushing to the Gym Battle. Worldbuilding is something I will admit that I have neglected to work on for my stories.

@Greninjaman

Episode 10: The Wonders and Warnings of Life

After finally dragging Ash out of the music and dance wing, Misty led him on to the museum's next major section. "I believe this is the natural history wing..." she mused as she admired the diorama of a prehistoric swamp.

Ash looked up in awe at the model of a gray winged reptilian Pokemon hanging above him. After looking for a Poke Ball icon to scan, he read up on the fierce looking Pokemon:

"Aerodactyl, the fossil Pokemon. This vicious Pokémon is said to have flown in ancient skies while shrieking high-pitched cries."

[I'm kinda glad they're extinct...] Tintri gasped, amazed at the model.

"Actually, if you're lucky enough to find a piece of amber that has Aerodactyl DNA inside, we can revive an Aerodactyl for you in our Fossil Research Lab." a museum employee offered. "That's how Brock got his, which is named Petri. But he'll only use Petri against seasoned trainers."

[Whew...] Tintri was just as relieved as Ash was.

"Is there a lot of amber in the area?" Misty asked.

"Yes--in addition to amber, many other jewels and metals are common to Mt. Moon and the surrounding areas, thanks to the natural rivers that flow through the mountains." another scientist explained. "But lately no one's been willing to give us any fossils to revive."

"Why not?" Ash was intrigued.

"Rumors that Team Rocket is inside the mountain, searching for one of this area's greatest natural wonders...the Moon Stone." the scientist replied. "Why those hoodlums want it, I don't know, but knowing Team Rocket, it can't be good."

"Hoodlums, huh? If we see them, we'll be sure to teach them a lesson!" Misty offered.

Ash, however, wasn't so sure. "You sure that two young trainers can even make a scratch against an order of mobsters and criminals? Or if we should even get involved with them?" he asked as he uneasily followed Misty down the hallway, periodically stopping to admire a model or diorama on display.

"The foot soldiers are cake, I'd wager." Misty mused. "It's the bosses we'd have to worry about--once we deal with a lot of the grunts, then the bosses notice. And once the bosses take notice, things usually don't end well for those fighting against them. Or at least that's what I know from all the action movies I've seen that feature them."

"Yeah, they do pop up as the bad guys in the movies a lot." Ash agreed, heaving a sigh of relief that he probably wouldn't have to deal with an organization of gangsters on his journey. "Let's move on--all this talk about criminals is giving me the heebie-jeebies."

The natural history wing gave way to the historical wing, which housed hundreds of items across the ages both ancient and modern. "How beautiful!" Misty gasped as she admired a colorful display of colonial era and 19th century ballgowns.

Ash, meanwhile, was over in the exhibit of warfare, gawking over the many ancient armor and weapons on display. "Wonder how some of these were even supposed to be wielded?" he wondered as he looked over the many ancient swords and spears on display.

A large ancient bow made him smile at the memory of Brock's archery skill a few days before. This bow is huge--you likely had to be really strong to even pull the string back! he mused to himself.

"Whoa...wonder how you would even be able to pull the string back?" Misty gawked as she joined Ash in admiring the huge bow.

"Lots of weight lifting?" Ash suggested as the two of them admired a collection of ancient armor.

"We'll go with that." Misty smiled as the history wing gave way to the space exploration wing.

Tintri smiled as Ash passed by a diorama of a moon landing. [The Braviary has landed.] he proudly announced.

Misty smiled. "The space race was one of my favorite parts of history class--I wanted to be the one that discovered water on Mars, or some other planet."

"Hey, look! An antigravity chamber!" Ash dragged Misty over to a small hallway that lead to a large circular room.

"Oh boy..." was all Misty could say before Ash turned the gravity off, sending both of them and Tintri floating through the air.

[Look at me! I'm swimming in the air!] Tintri cried as he "swam" past Misty through some imagined water. [I feel light as a Pichu! No, a feather even!]

"That looks fun!" Misty smiled before performing some wide strokes, as if she was in the main Gym's pool at home. Forget about bugging Lilly, Violet, and Daisy to use the main pool, this is a lot more fun! she thought as she "swam" through the air.

She stifled a giggle at Ash taking flying leaps into the air, effortlessly performing martial arts moves at the peak of every jump thanks to the reduced gravity. Yet another thing in here we could spend all day doing if we wanted--but according to the map, there's still a lot more to see!

@Greninjaman

Yes! That was meant to be a "Land Before Time reference (first name I thought of that would fit Aerodactyl--and extra points for the Petri dish reference)

This one is the last of the already written episodes--I do have part of the Ash vs. Brock battle written, though.

@Greninjaman

Episode 11: A Rock Solid Battle for the Ages

A few days later, Ash arrived in one of the many caverns in Pewter Gym. "Brock! I'm here for your symbolic last battle, as we agreed."

Brock appeared an a spotlight on the Red side of the arena, his Geodude Rocky by his side. "Welcome...here's how this is going to work. Two Pokemon aside, first to knock out the other team first, wins."

"That works for me!" Ash smiled as he jogged to the Blue side of the arena, Tintri not far behind.

"I'll watch from up here, okay?" Misty offered as she found a seat in a sapphire studded row of the jewel studded stone bleachers for spectators. "Good luck!"

"Ready, Rocky?" Brock asked his Geodude.

Rocky nodded as Ash summoned Wings. [Mr. Flitter-flutter won't know what hit him when I get done.]

"I wouldn't say that!" Ash challenged. "Wings, start with Iron Defense!"

Even Brock was surprised as Wings appeared to turn silver for a few moments. "Well, maybe you DO know what you're doing, even though you have a disadvantage at present--and dare I say, a certain polish?" Rocky glowing white for a moment emphasized his point.

He then called "Rocky, knock our little Butterfree from the sky with Mega Punch!"

Ash froze when he saw Rocky streaking at his vulnerable Butterfree, intent on delivering a game ending punch. "Wings, try confusing Rocky with Confusion!"

[HAH!] Wings cried as he fired a pink flash, leaving the Geodude to see spots before his eyes, punching the wall instead of the Butterfree hovering by Ash's side.

Brock was unfazed by the small dent in the rock walls near the Blue side of the arena. "Wouldn't be the first hole in the wall I've had to fix..."

He called "Rocky, try Gyro Ball!"

[99 bottles of juice on the wall?] Rocky woozily asked, tumbling to the red floor in confusion.

Ash smiled as he watched the dazed Geodude. "Now for our secret weapon, Wings! Try Mega Drain!"

Brock watched in shock as Wings drained the last of his weakened Geodude's strength. "Well, color me impressed! You may have real talent!" he smiled as he recalled his fainted Geodude.

He then heaved another Poke Ball skyward. "But now we're ready for the main event! Meet Callio!"

Wings shuddered at the size of the massive rock snake before him. [Oh my...where do I start with beating something that big?]

"Try weakening him with Psybeam!" Ash suggested.

"Come on, Ash!" Misty cheered from her sapphire studded seat. "You can do it!"

"Get'em, big bro! Go, Big Bro! No one can beat our big bro!" came the chatters of excited children as they hurried into the gym's upper deck to watch the unfolding match.

Misty winced and the children cheered as the Onix rained a barrage of rocks on the Butterfree. That has to hurt--I hope Ash has another Pokemon he can use, because Tintri wouldn't stand a chance!

---------

[Wings!] Tintri gasped as Wings fluttered back to the sidelines with what little strength he had left. [You okay, Wings?]

[Ow...] Wings winced. [This is gonna hurt tomorrow...]

Back in the arena, Brock and Callio waited for Ash to make his next move. "Your move, Blue..."

I can't send Mina in there...she would have no chance against an Onix! Ash thought. Tintri would be unplugged in moments...

[Ash...] Tintri tugged Ash's pant leg. [Put me in.]

"What?" Ash gasped. "You're an electric type, and you're facing a giant Rock type! You don't have a chance!"

[I think I do, so put me in and trust me.] Tintri replied.

Ash swallowed hard. "Okay." he told Tintri, who skittered into the arena to face the giant rock snake Brock commanded.

Brock just smirked when he saw the Pikachu. This'll be cake... "Callio, use Gyro Ball!"

But neither of the boys in the arena, Misty, the children, Mina, or Callio expected Tintri to sing Jao wiisha nes chiel com yutuul..., turning the huge metallic ball back onto the Onix!

Ash looked on in shock at the explosion of light. Was that my Heart Song Tintri just sang?

[Great song...] Callio purred, seemingly unfazed by Tintri's attack, and getting his own attack turned back on him. [Need I remind you you're in a bit of a bind?]

[Uggh...] Tintri sputtered as Callio coiled around him. Despite the coils squeezing him tighter and tighter, he managed to wheeze Jao wiisha nes chiel com yutuul... making Callio's coils loosen just a little bit.

Brock panicked when he saw the weakened Pikachu in Callio's coils. "Callio, stop!"

"Tintri!" Ash cried as Callio released his Pikachu. He heaved a sigh of relief when he saw Tintri's chest still weakly rising and falling. "Good, he's still breathing..."

He looked over at Brock. "Why did you stop our battle?"

"I stopped because a Pikachu with Disarming Voice is very special--and I would never forgive myself if Callio killed an opponent's Pokemon." Brock explained. "That, and I know how special Tintri is to you."

Ash smiled as Brock arrived with a Potion to heal Tintri. "Okay if we call this match a tie?"

"Yeah--let's call this match a tie." Brock agreed. "I will give you an A for effort, though--that never say die attitude will serve you well on your journey.

"That, and I'm amazed at how close you came to defeating a pair of Rock types with a Butterfree and a Pikachu." Misty agreed as she joined Ash in the arena. "That takes guts."

"If you need time to train a bit more to try again, I'll be waiting." Brock began. "Let's make Round 2 as thrilling as Round 1 when we meet again!"

Ash smiled. "You're on!"

---------

"Even though you couldn't get a badge here, I'm still proud of you for coming close." Misty smiled as she and Ash prepared to leave Pewter City a few days later. "I'm sure Brock would be able to make a touching story out of your battle."

"What's the hurry?" a familiar voice asked.

"Brock?" Ash gasped as he spotted Brock approaching the pair, all packed for an adventure. "What are you doing here?"

"After thinking it over a little, I figured our match a few days ago wasn't actually a tie." Brock explained before offering Ash a silvery rock shaped badge. "For your determination, clever tactics, and unwavering resolve...I think you have earned a badge after all."

"But, why?" Ash asked, still confused. "I only knocked out one of your two Pokemon! The rules were to knock out two!"

"I know that, but I think your courage and your bond with your team supersedes the rules." Brock explained. "Out of the hundreds of young trainers I've battled, you're one of the rare few that has a deep love, and trust in your team. That will carry you far on your Pokemon adventure, and in life."

He went on "Rather than becoming a great Pokémon trainer, I want to become a world renowned musician and storyteller--and the best way to learn more stories and songs is to travel. So I'm coming with you two."

Misty smiled. "Well, okay---welcome to the party, Brock. I'm sure you know a lot of good campfire stories and songs."

"Not just campfire stories and songs--I know a thing or two about this area, so I'll be happy to serve as a guide, too." Brock assured Misty as the new trio departed into the sunset, unaware of just how many journeys they would go on together, and the friendship that was stronger than diamonds that would form...

Last edited:
@Greninjaman

Interlude: Treasures Around the Campfire

"If we keep following the path, we should reach Mt. Moon in a day or two." Brock explained as the group made their way down the road some time later. "The mountain has featured in many folk and fairy tales in this area, but the star attractions are the massive Moon Stone at the heart of the mountain; and the resident Cleffas, Clefairies, and Clefables that guard it."

"Clefairy, huh?" Ash mused as he located his Pokedex:

"Clefairy, the fairy Pokemon. On every night of a full moon, they come out to play. When dawn arrives, the tired Clefairy go to sleep nestled up against each other in deep and quiet mountains."

"Aw!" Misty smiled at the picture of the tiny pink star-like Pokemon. "How cute! Have you seen them at all, Brock?"

"As a matter of fact, I have seen them dancing and playing before." Brock replied. "Happened to be camping on the mountain on the night of a full moon, and they were attracted to my guitar..."

"You play guitar?" Ash gasped, picturing Brock as a pop star playing a green electric guitar to a crowd of adoring fans. "What kinds of songs do you know?"

"Anything that could sound good on an acoustic guitar." Brock smiled, shattering Ash's rock star daydream. "The kids love it, so I played often at home and on campouts in the summertime. So if you two have any musical skill, you're welcome to join in the campfire jam, and assist with music in the storytelling. But before that, we need a good spot to camp."

Ash spotted an alcove at the edge of the forest overlooking the trail leading into the mountains, and Mt. Moon far in the distance. "Over here!"

"That will do just perfectly." Brock smiled as he and Misty joined Ash in pitching tents and starting a campfire...

---------

"And here we are--campfire nachos!" Brock smiled as he delivered plates piled high with beef and cheese to Ash and Misty. "Toppings are over there on the rocks." he explained pointing out a row of vegetables and condiments on an outcropping. "The salsas, queso, and guacamole are homemade--nothing out of a jar here!"

Misty studied the two bowls of salsa. "Which one's sweet, and which one's hot?"

"Green is sweet salsa, and red is hot." Brock explained. "I try to include both options depending on how hot you like it."

"Mm...this is good!" Ash raved. "What's your secret to your guacamole?"

"Most recipes will tell you to put in Meli juice--I like to blend Nomel and Meli in my guacamole." Brock explained. "A nice blend of sweet and sour."

---------

"It's beautiful!" Ash smiled as he watched Brock carefully tune a well loved gold-brown acoustic guitar. "If you need wind instruments, I have a few tin whistles..."

"...and I play fiddle." Misty smiled as she too found her own instrument to tune.

"Okay...so what's a set or song we all know?" Brock asked as he finished getting the high E string into tune.

"Well, tell us what songs you know and we'll go from there." Misty replied.

Brock sweatdropped. "We'd be here all night if I were to list every tune and song I know..."

"Do you guys know the song 'Pikachu Went Out to Ride'?" Ash suggested.

A smile formed on Brock's face. "Why yes, I know 'Pikachu Went Out to Ride'...crowd favorite."

"I know that song too!" Misty gasped. "One of the first fiddle tunes I learned to play by myself, but I didn't know it had words!"

"Well, if you guys will back me, I'll sing it while I play." Brock replied...

----------

The forest rang with music as crowds of Sandshrews, Vulpixes, Ninetales, Spearows, Ekans, Mankeys, and Charmanders joined Tintri in clapping along to the guitar, the fiddle, and tin whistle that played around the campfire. Even Tintri was getting into the festive Galarian tune as he danced by the log Ash performed from. Inspired, Brock decided to scat along with the music for a moment before finishing with one last chorus of Mecax, mekary, Ducklett-a-dil, gitty alon and I... to some applause.

[Tell the one about Daisuke, the beast slayer!] a Vulpix requested.

Brock nods, then started a quiet melody to compose his thoughts. "Once upon a time there was a man and his wife who were very poor." he began. "The man earned his living making wooden bowls and platters to sell and oftentimes worked from dawn until dusk, but wooden bowls and platters sold for so very cheap that he could barely support his family no matter how hard he worked."

"Aw"s went up at Brock's woeful observation. "Now, the man and his wife were the parents of three lovely daughters--we'll call them Miyu, Ran, and Eina." Brock explained. "They were all very beautiful, and the man and his wife often lamented the fact that they did not have money to provide for them."

Tintri sniffled as Brock went on "One day, a handsome young man mounted on a beautiful Rapidash came to the poor man's house, and offered to take one of the poor man's daughters as his bride in return for a hundred gold pieces."

"WHAT???" Misty gasped.

"Isn't that selling them into slavery?" Ash is just as appalled.

"The father was very much shocked at this request--he may have been poor, but not so poor that he had to sell his own children." Brock explained. "The young man, however, threatened to kill him if he refused; so the father reluctantly consented to give Miyu to him, receiving a hundred gold pieces in return. The next day, the father found himself also giving up Ran, and the day after, Eina, to rich young men, on pain of death."

Angry murmurs raced through the forest as Brock went on. "Their home was not childless very long, for soon a little boy was born to them. They named him Daisuke, and brought him up in great luxury. But the neighborhood kids always teased him with taunts that said the only reason his father was rich was because he sold his three sisters. The teasing made Daisuke sad of course, but he said nothing about the matter for a long time. When the year came that he had come of age, he went to his father and mother and demanded that they tell him everything."

"Oh boy..." Misty braced herself for how Daisuke will react.

"His parents told Daisuke the whole story of the strange circumstances through which they had obtained their wealth." Brock continued, breaking an uneasy silence. "Daisuke then asked if he could go out into the world in search of his sisters. His father and mother gave him their blessing, and Daisuke set out on his journey early the next morning."

Inspired, Ash decided to walk around the campsite for a moment, simulating Daisuke traveling. "Before long, Daisuke came to a house where there were three brothers fighting over a boot, a cap, and a key." Brock continued when he arrived back at the log he was sitting on. "He asked them why those things were so valuable that they were fighting over them. The brothers replied that if one sang to the boot, Karuto, ichiida shou... the boot would immediately take him anywhere he wished to go. If one sang to the cap, Leishu shun ji, lei si..., the cap would turn him invisible. The key could unlock any door in the whole world. Inspired, Daisuke offered so much money for the three items, the three brothers decided to end their fight and divide their shares of a thousand gold pieces."

Awed chatter and some applause went up at the wondrous items. "Daisuke put the three treasures in his bag and went on his way. As soon as he had gone a little ways, he sang to the boot Karuto, iichiida shou... and the boot warped him to where his sister Miyu lived, which was the most magnificent palace he had ever seen in his life." Brock continued. "He asked to speak with his sister, but Miyu replied that she had no brother and did not wish to be bothered with the stranger."

"Did he get through to Miyu?" Ash asked.

"It took a lot of urging for Daisuke to get permission from her to tell his story; but, when she heard it, everything made sense, so she decided to welcome him as her brother." Brock replied. "She asked how he had found her home, and how he had come through the thicket which surrounded her palace. Daisuke told her about his magic boot."

"Aw"s and some applause went up, relieved Daisuke has found one of his sisters. But Brock had other ideas. "Later that afternoon, Miyu suddenly burst into tears. When Daisuke asked what the matter was, Miyu explained that her husband was a shining red Gyarados--and he would be very angry to find a human in his palace. Daisuke then told Miyu about his magic cap."

[And then?] Tintri asked, sparking with excitement.

Brock paused for a moment, then intoned "Soon the red Gyarados arrived, and in a very bad mood, damaging, if not breaking everything in his way, and ranting that he smelled human blood."

Gasps went up from the Pokemon, but Brock assured them "It took some doing, but once Miyu had talked him into a relaxing soak in the hot spring, he became a handsome man. He then ate dinner, and when dinner had ended, Miyu asked him what he would do if he saw her brother. The red Gyarados replied that he would be kind to him, just as he was to her. Daisuke revealed himself, and the red Gyarados treated him with all the kindness and respect of a king. He asked Daisuke if he wanted to live for the rest of his life in the palace. Daisuke declined the invitation, saying that he had two other sisters to find. Before he left the next day, the red Gyarados gave him a magical sapphire from his royal treasury, saying that if he was ever in any danger in which he could help, take the sapphire and sing Rou iitsa ron selga vichii...

Some light applause went up at the gibberish spellsong. "Daisuke thanked the red Gyarados, and went on his way. Then he took out his magic boot and sang Karuto, iichiida shou...

"Where did Daisuke end up?" Misty asked, piqued by the spellsong.

After a beat, Brock continued "Daisuke was warped into a more wonderful palace than Miyu's. Ran had married Master Gogoat, and he too treated the newly found brother of his queen with great consideration. When Daisuke had finished his visit there, Master Gogoat gave him a magical emerald from his collection of curiosities, saying that if he was ever in any peril in which he could help, take the emerald and sing Imultaos, ame no hao bakezo..."

The audience of Pokemon and two other humans waited to see what sort of Pokemon Daisuke would encounter next. "With the aid of his magic boot, Daisuke went to visit the home of his youngest sister Eina." Brock continued. "He found her in the most magnificent palace of them all, for her husband was Moltres. When Daisuke left, he gave him a magical ruby from his stash of wondrous items telling him that if he was ever in any danger, all he had to do was take the ruby and sing Jao wiisha nes chiel com yutuul..."

Cheers went up from the Pokemon at the gibberish "spellsong". "All three of Daisuke's new friends had admired the power of his magic boot and they had all advised him to visit a legendary kingdom said to be made of jewels, many of them magical." Brock went on. "Daisuke was glad that his sisters were safe, and so warped himself to the mythical kingdom of jewels. He soon heard on the street that the king of the land of jewels had a beautiful daughter--we'll call her Yuna--whom he wished to give in marriage if she could be persuaded to choose a husband. She was such a famous beauty that no one could pass before her palace without eagerly gazing up in hopes of seeing her lovely face at the window. Princess Yuna had grown weary of being the object of so much attention, and she had made a vow that she would marry no one except a man who could pass before her without looking at her."

"Ooh"s went up at this. "Daisuke was interested when he heard this, and rode past the palace with his eyes fixed steadily on the ground. He did not give a single glance upward in the direction of the window where the beautiful Princess Yuna was watching him. Princess Yuna, meanwhile, was overcome with joy at the sight of the handsome stranger who appeared as if in response to her vow. The king summoned him to the palace and ordered that he and Princess Yuna be married right then and there."

Thunderous applause filled the forest at this, but Brock was not finished yet. "After the wedding festivities had died down a week or so later, Princess Yuna soon found out that her husband carried his choicest treasures in his bag. She asked about their significance and Daisuke told her all about them. She was especially interested in the key, and told him that there was a room in the palace which was never opened. In this room there was a mujina, a huge Buizel-like monster which always came to life again whenever it was killed. Princess Yuna had always been anxious to see the mujina with her own eyes, and she suggested that they should use the key to unlock the door of the forbidden room and take a look."

"Bad idea..." Ash giggled.

"Daisuke, however, pleaded with her not to do this." Brock explained. "He decided that it was too risky; but one day when he had gone out hunting with the king, Pincess Yuna was overjoyed to find that the magic key had been left behind. She quickly picked it up and opened the forbidden door. The mujina gave a great leap, and grabbed her with his sharp claws!"

Surprised screams go up as Brock grabbed at the air, startling Tintri and Terra. "When Daisuke and the king returned from their hunting trip, they were very much worried to find that Princess Yuna had disappeared. No one knew where she was. After searching through the palace and garden all in vain they went to the place where the mujina was always kept. The prince recognized his magic key in the door, but the room was empty. It dawned on him just what had happened--the mujina had fled with Princess Yuna!"

[Did Daisuke save her?] a Vulpix stammered as she squeezes her mother's left front paw in fear.

"Daisuke wasted no time in using his magic boot to warp by Princess Yuna's side." Brock assured the nervous Vulpix. "The mujina had hidden her in a cave by the sea and had gone away in search of food. Princess Yuna was delighted to find her husband--whom she had never expected to see again--and asked him to get her out of there."

"I would do the same if a monster caught me..." Misty muses.

"Daisuke explained that since she had gotten into this mess, she could at least try to kill the mujina." Brock intoned. "So Princess Yuna waited for the mujina to return, then she asked it to tell her the secret of his seemingly eternal life. The mujina was very much flattered to have the Princess Yuna so interested in him, and he told it to her, unaware of a plot."

He explaind to the group "The mujina explained that its life was in the sea. Somewhere in the sea was a chest, and in the chest there was a stone, and in the stone there was a Pidove, and in the Pidove there was an egg, and in the egg there was a candle. Only when that candle was extinguished would he die."

The crowd applauded, impressed that Brock remembered the whole list. "Little did the mujina know, Daisuke had been there the whole time, and he had heard every word. As soon as the mujina had gone to sleep, Daisuke stood on the seashore held the sapphire to the sky, and sang Rou iitsa ron selga vichii...

"Sure enough, a great school of fish appeared in a flash of blue light." he continued. "Daisuke asked them to get the chest from the depths of the sea. They replied that they had never seen such a chest, but maybe the sea guardian Kyogre would know about it. So they went and asked Kyogre, and she said that she had seen the chest only moments before. With Kyogre's help, the fish brought the chest out of the sea. Daisuke opened the chest easily with the aid of his magic key, and inside he found a stone."

After pausing for a moment, Brock continued "Then Daisuke took the emerald, held it to the sky, and sang Imultaos, ame no hao bakezo... The ground started rumbling as the emerald glowed, and Daisuke saw millions of Gogoats and Ponytas running to the beach from all directions. They attacked the stone, giving it mighty blows with their hard heads, horns, and hooves. "It didn't take long to break open the stone, and a Pidove flew out of it."

The audience was on the edge of their seats as Brock went on "By now, it had dawned on the mujina what Daisuke and Princess Yuna planned to do, and dragged Princess Yuna back in the cave. "Meanwhile, Daisuke took the ruby, held it to the sky, and sang Jao wiisha nes chiel com yutuul... Moltress appeared in a flash of red light and quickly defeated the Pidove. "Minutes before the mujina could kill Princess Yuna with his great claws, Daisuke took the egg from the slain Pidove, broke it and blew out the candle. At that moment the mujina died, and Princess Yuna was unharmed."

He concluded "Daisuke warped both of them home to the jeweled kingdom, and the king called for a great festival that lasted at least a week. There was rejoicing throughout the whole kingdom, and great relief that Princess Yuna was all right. Daisuke was hailed throughout the jeweled kingdom as a hero, and the people there talk of his many adventures even to this day."

Misty heaved a sigh of relief. "You even had ME scared for a second..."

"That's why Brock is the master storyteller!" Ash assured Misty as he applauded. "If even the wild Pokemon want to listen, you have to be good!"

@Greninjaman

Episode 12a: Clefairy and the Moon Stone (part 1)

"...Historically, the mountain was named Moon Viewing Mountain, and a shrine was built to honor the resident Cleffa, Clefairy and Clefable--which you can still visit and pray at today." Brock went on as the group continued on the road towards Mt. Moon. "It is also a favorite spot in martial arts dramas and movies, so I have had to sometimes take film crews and TV crews up the mountain. If you remember the movie 'One Blade and the Thousand Sen', this was where they filmed a few key scenes and the final battle."

"Really? One Blade movies were filmed here?" Ash gasped. "Cool!"

"I'm sure you know all the mountain caves and trails like the back of your hand!" Misty smiled. "But of all the rock formations, gem mining spots, and other natural wonders inside the mountain, what's the one everyone has to see?"

"The giant Moon Stone at the heart of the mountain." Brock replied. "No one knows for sure how it got there, which has led to some fanciful scientific theories, some folk tales and fairy tales, and even some more out there theories. But most scientists believe it landed there millions of years ago."

He was about to say more when he noticed a brown haired man in a lab coat being dive bombed by some eyeless blue and purple bat Pokemon. "Zubats!"

Piqued Ash located his Pokedex to read up on the bat creatures:

"Zubat, the bat Pokemon. During the day, it gathers with others and hangs from the ceilings of old buildings and caves."

"Then why are they attacking that guy?" Ash wondered.

"The sooner you do something to help that guy, the sooner you'll find out!" Misty replied.

Ash nodded "Tintri, use Thundershock!"

[Take THIS!] Tintri cried before firing off a thunderbolt, sending the Zubats fluttering into the safety of the cave.

"Are you okay?" Ash asked as he looked the young scientist over for any injury.

"I'm fine...the name's Seymour." the young scientist replied. "I came here to research the Moon Stone at the heart of the mountain. But someone--or maybe multiple someones--installed powerful lights that are disturbing the wild Pokémon in the area--that's why those Zubats attacked me."

"But why would someone put up lights in a cave?" Misty wondered. "If you're gonna guide people through said cave, any lights would need to be just bright enough for people to see, but not so bright as to disturb the resident Pokemon."

"That's why I believe that whoever did this nefarious deed is after the Moon Stone." Seymour agreed. "We all know that the Moon Stone is a massive boulder, believed to be a million years old or more, hidden deep under Mt. Moon. It has been revered in mythology and folklore around the world for ages. Some stories even say that just a mere fragment of the stone can increase a Pokémon's power. I believe the resident Pokémon came from space, and used the Moon Stone as their spaceship..."

Misty rolled her eyes as Seymour continued talking about his theory in detail. Not what I think the Moon Stone is, but if you really think it a spaceship--and you have proof of such a thing--we'll roll with it.

She was snapped from her thoughts by a tiny pink fairy-like Pokemon. "Huh?"

"Looks kinda cute..." Ash mused as he retrieved his Pokedex to read up on the tiny fairy carrying a sparkling silver object:

"Clefairy, the fairy Pokemon. Though rarely seen, it becomes easier to spot, for some reason, on the night of a full moon."

"Then why is it out during the day?" Ash wondered as he pocketed his Pokedex, then got out a Poke Ball. "I can at least catch one for Misty!"

"NO!" Seymour cried, startling Ash. "Leave the Clefairy alone! They are special to this area, and worthy of research!"

"Okay, okay, I won't catch one, then..." Ash sighed, putting the Poke Ball back in his bag.

"Den if you're not gonna catch it, hat-boy, I'll take dis Clefairy off ya hands!" a male voice interjected before the Clefairy was trapped in a small cage!

Ash watched in shock as a small cat Pokemon bounded down the trail, giggling all the while. "Ya want dis Clefairy, come an' get it!" it sneered before disappearing into the cave.

Piqued, Ash decided to read up on the small cat Pokemon:

"Meowth, the scratch cat Pokemon. It loves things that sparkle. When it sees a shiny object, the gold coin on its head shines too."

"No wonder it wanted the Clefairy...it wanted the silvery thing it was carrying!" Ash gasped as he put away his Pokedex.

"What I wanna know is how this particular Meowth learned to speak human language..." Brock mused. "But talking Meowth aside, we have to save that Clefairy!"

"Come on!" Ash motioned for Brock to follow him. "Follow that Meowth!"

"Wait for me!" Misty called. "I'm coming too!"

"If we follow these pawprints on the ground, we can find where the Meowth went, and possibly find its master." Brock agreed. "Be ready for a fight!"

To Be Continued...

@Greninjaman

Episode 12b: Clefairy and the Moon Stone (part 2)

(What the Trio play for the Cleffas and the Clefairy)

Previously, on "Pokemon Lightning Yellow"...

"No wonder it wanted the Clefairy...it wanted the silvery thing it was carrying!" Ash gasped as he put away his Pokedex.

"What I wanna know is how this particular Meowth learned to speak human language..." Brock mused. "But talking Meowth aside, we have to save that Clefairy!"

"Come on!" Ash motioned for Brock to follow him. "Follow that Meowth!"

"Wait for me!" Misty called. "I'm coming too!"

"If we follow these pawprints on the ground, we can find where the Meowth went, and possibly find its master." Brock agreed. "Be ready for a fight!"

The group raced down the tunnel as fast as they could, making sure to keep the Meowth pawprints in view. After a few moments, Ash rounded a corner to find the Meowth, a familiar lavender haired boy in a white uniform emblazoned with a red R, and a familiar maroon haired woman in a similar uniform. "Who are you guys?" he demanded.

"And what do you want with the Moon Stone?" Brock added.

The boy looked unusually calm as he got up from petting the Meowth. "So it seems you have found us...all the lights in this cave were in fact our doing.

"As membas of Team Rocket, we were plannin' ta swipe da Moon Stone before you guys showed up!" the Meowth complained.

"Team Rocket?" Ash wondered as the two Rocket operatives stepped before him.

"To protect the world from devastation..." the girl began.

"And unite all peoples within our nation..." the boy answered back. The call and response went on like this:

"To denounce the evils of truth and love!"

"To extend our reach to the stars above!"

"Jessie!"

"James!"

"Team Rocket! Blast off at the speed of light! the girl announced

"Surrender now, or prepare to fight!" the boy smirked, bemused at the shocked look on Ash's face.

"Meowth! Dat's right!" the Meowth grinned, brandishing its claws for battle.

The look on Ash's face turned from shock to anger. "If you want the Moon Stone, you'll have to get through us first!"

He heaved a Poke Ball skyward. "Wings, i need you!"

"Hitomi, let's go!" Brock summoned a Zubat of his own to challenge the purple cloud creature and the purple and yellow snake creature Jessie and James had summoned. "Double battle time!"

"Where'd you get a Zubat?" Ash wondered.

"Caught one chasing the Meowth." Brock replied. "Now, you want to face the Koffing, or the Ekans? I'll handle what you don't pick."

James smirked as Ash and Brock debated their strategy. While they're drawing up their battle plan, I'll poison them both!

He called "Koffing, poison both of these twerps with a cloud of Smog."

Ash was unfazed by the poison cloud headed for him and Brock. "Wings, blow away the smog with Whirlwind!"

[I'll help, too!] the Zubat chittered as it flapped up a wind gust of its own, sending the Smog back on Team Rocket, much to their surprise.

"Nice work, Hitomi." Brock smiled at his Zubat.

"I'll handle the Ekans if you take the Koffing!" Ash called as Wings fired a pink Confusion blast.

"Right!" Brock replied, calling "Hitomi, put the Koffing to sleep with Hypnosis!"

The cave lit up in a rainbow of colors as a large dust cloud peppered with different colors of elemental attacks formed in the cave. After a few minutes of directing his Butterfree to dodge and attack, Ash called to Brock "Neither side has the upper hand! We're gonna need a little help here!"

"Astra, use Water Gun!" a familiar female voice called, sending Jessie, James, and Meowth flying through a large hole in the cave wall.

"Misty!" Ash smiled when he saw Misty arriving with a small starfish Pokemon. "Am I glad to see you!"

"You guys looked like you needed a little help against those Team Rocket lowlifes, so I thought Astra could lend you a hand." Misty smiled as the starfish creature twirled in the air beside her.

She located the Clefairy huddled in a corner as Seymor arrived. "As for you, let's get you back to your friends, okay?"

[B-b-but what if those bad humans come back?] the Clefairy stammered.

"I'm sure these three will protect you." Seymour assured the Clefairy. "Now, let's be on our way to the heart of the mountain!"

---------

Later that night, Brock beamed as he set down a tray of what looked like meatballs. "Okay, everyone! Pokechow's ready! it's made according to my own special recipe."

Ash shuddered at a memory. "I remember the time I accidentally ate Pokechow as a baby..." he remembered. "It was terrible!"

"Well, most commercial Pokechow does taste terrible to people." Brock explained. "Homemade Pokechow is made with all natural ingredients, so it should taste as good to humans as it does to Pokemon with some practice."

"He's right, you know..." Seymour raved as he tasted Brock's Pokechow. "If you wouldn't eat it yourself, you probably shouldn't feed it to your Pokemon either. Luckily, many brands are making the switch to all natural ingredients."

Piqued, Ash broke off a piece of one of the Pokechow balls and tasted it. "Say...this isn't half bad!"

Meanwhile, Tintri asked the Clefairy [How much further do we have to go until we find your friends? I want to see you home safely before those Team Rocket guys return.]

[Not too much further.] the Clefairy smiled. [Want to see the Chamber of the Moon Goddess?]

[Sure!] Tintri smiled.

He waved to Ash. [Guys! I think we're close to the heart of the mountain! Come see!]

"Coming!" Ash led the group into another passageway, which came out inside a large open room with a huge glittering silver rock.

"Wow..." Misty gasped, amazed at the tiny moonbows the rock created on the walls as the moon shone overhead. Some other Cleffas and Clefairies were also present in the cave, each one leaving a silver shard at the base of the rock. "It's beautiful!

[It seems the Moon Goddess is sleeping still...] the Clefairy mused before setting down its shard. [Maybe She is waiting for my offering.]

With that, the Clefairy set down its stone at the base of the rock. After a few tense seconds, the silvery rock began to glow a beautiful silvery blue in the moonlight, creating more moonbows on the cave walls. Dozens of Cleffa and Clefairy emerged from the many holes in the cave. [The Moon Goddess! She wakes!] one cried.

[Let us dance in praise of the Moon Goddess!] another agreed, spurring the other Cleffas and Clefairies to dance happily around the rock.

Say... Brock smiled as he listened to the rhythmic tramping of hundreds of Clefairy and Cleffa feet in the cave. "Anyone for giving these little guys some music for their dance?" he asked as he slung his guitar around him.

"Okay!" Ash replied, fishing his whistle from a pocket.

"Count us off and we'll join in." Misty assured Brock as she readied her fiddle to play.

After Brock snapped to establish a jig-like tempo, a festive melody rang through the cave and into the stars, the Cleffas and Clefairy dancing to the trio of a guitar, a fiddle, and a tin whistle all the while. Maybe humans are not supposed to ride the Stone back out to the stars, but the Clefairy see the Moon Stone as a god of some kind. Seymour thought as he watched the group play their festive song for the Cleffas and Clefairies to dance to...

To Be Continued...

Last edited:
@Greninjaman

Technically, this is a three parter, and then an interlude to set up the Cerulean arc (we learn Misty is the fourth sister, and learn about her past in the campfire interlude)

For the most part, Team Rocket will still have Ekans and Koffing (which will still become Arbok and Weezing)

@Greninjaman

(what Brock performs)

Episode 12c: Clefairy and the Moon Stone (part 3)

Previously, on "Pokemon Lightning Yellow"...

Wow..." Misty gasped, amazed at the tiny moonbows the rock created on the walls as the moon shone overhead. Some other Cleffas and Clefairies were also present in the cave, each one leaving a silver shard at the base of the rock. "It's beautiful!

[It seems the Moon Goddess is sleeping still...] the Clefairy mused before setting down its shard. [Maybe She is waiting for my offering.]

With that, the Clefairy set down its stone at the base of the rock. After a few tense seconds, the silvery rock began to glow a beautiful silvery blue in the moonlight, creating more moonbows on the cave walls. Dozens of Cleffa and Clefairy emerged from the many holes in the cave. [The Moon Goddess! She wakes!] one cried.

[Let us dance in praise of the Moon Goddess!] another agreed, spurring the other Cleffas and Clefairies to dance happily around the rock.

Say... Brock smiled as he listened to the tramping of hundreds of Clefairy and Cleffa feet in the cave. "Anyone for giving these little guys some music for their dance?" he asked as he slung his guitar around him.

"Okay!" Ash replied, fishing his whistle from a pocket.

"Count us off and we'll join in." Misty assured Brock as she readied her fiddle to play.

After Brock snapped to establish a jig-like tempo, a festive melody rang through the cave and into the stars, the Cleffas and Clefairy dancing to the trio of a guitar, a fiddle, and a tin whistle all the while. Maybe humans are not supposed to ride the Stone back out to the stars, but the Clefairy see the Moon Stone as a god of some kind. Seymour thought as he watched the group play their festive song for the Cleffas and Clefairies to dance to...

"Oooh, those twoipes..." Meowth grumbled as Team Rocket tried to find their way through the mountain caves. "When I get my paws on dat twoipette wit da Staryu, I'll swipe dat smile off her pretty face..." He flexed his claws for emphasis, making them glitter in the starlight streaming in through some holes in the cave.

"That is...if we can find them..." James sighed. "This mountain is like a maze..."

"Well, what did you expect?" Jessie asked. "Of COURSE mountain caves are like a maze! It's like every video game we've ever played!"

Just then, Meowth's ears pricked up at a familiar melody far in the distance. "Funny...do you guys hear music anywhere?"

"What music?" Jessie wondered before she too heard the group's performance. "I don't know who would be performing all the way in the middle of nowhere, but this has a pretty hot beat!"

"Come on! Maybe if we follow our ears, we'll find the twerps!" James suggested before leading the way into the cave. "Then we can have our revenge!"

---------

Some time later, Team Rocket arrived in the large open chamber, where the group was performing their festive set for Tintri, the Cleffas, and the Clefairies to dance to. "Well, well, well...this is the famous Moon Stone..." Jessie smirked.

"It'll look poifect in da boss' private museum..." Meowth agreed. "Right next ta whistle-boy's Pikachu. So why don't we kill two Pidgeys with one stone, and get'em both while our merry band of minstrels plays on?"

With that, the Rockets crept up to the massive Moon Stone, but Jessie stepping on a twig alerted Seymour and the group! "Hey! Keep away from the Moon Stone!" Seymour called, making the group stumble on some wrong notes and wrong chords.

"What do we do now?" Ash asked as he watched Seymour leap to fight the Rockets, making a large dust cloud erupt in the chamber.

"Have Tintri on standby...I'll get Callio to deal with their Ekans and Koffing." Brock explained as he heard the pops of two Poke Balls. "Misty, have one of yours ready in case we need help."

"I still have Astra from earlier..." Misty assured Brock as she quickly set her fiddle and its bow back in its case. "Now, go teach those hoodlums a lesson!"

Brock nodded, then heaved a Poke Ball skyward. "Callio, let's give some crooks what for!"

Jessie smirked at the giant rock snake towering over her. "Ekans, use Dig!"

"Koffing, try Smokescreen!" James called moments later.

Ash panicked when he saw the cloud of think grey smoke headed for him and Brock. "Mina, blow this smoke away!" he called as he heaved a Poke Ball skyward.

[HAAAAAAH!] Mina cried as she flapped up a massive tornado. But when the wind died down, the group noticed that Team Rocket was gone, and the Moon Stone was gone with them.

[How?] a Clefairy gasped, surprised that the Moon Stone was gone. [How did those bad humans take the Moon Goddess?]

Brock noticed a large hole where the Moon Stone had been minutes before. "I think I have a theory..." he assured the Clefairy. "Let's go rescue the Moon Goddess."

He motioned to his Onix. "Callio, follow Team Rocket underground. We'll check the caves to see where the Rockets went."

[You got it, Boss!] the Onix purred before disappearing into the tunnel.

As the group hurried out, one Clefairy approached Seymour with his glasses. [Um, you lost these in all that mess...]

"Oh, thank you." Seymour smiled. "Now to find your sacred stone!" he vowed as he slipped his glasses back on...

---------

"Whee! Team Rocket cried as they rode the Moon Stone down a slope. "Well, dat's one way ta move a huge stone!" Meowth giggled as they whizzed through a tunnel. "We didn't even need shovels!"

[Going somewhere?] Callio asked as he emerged from the cave floor, sending the Rockets flying to the ground at the foot of the slope.

He smiled as Brock and the others arrived. [I got'em, Boss. Since you've still got your guitar with you, we could use a fight song to teach these hoodlums a lesson!]

"One fight song, coming up!" Brock replied before starting a playful Galarian melody in E minor, complete with Low Galarian lyrics.

Jessie froze at the lyrics, never mind she didn't have a clue what Brock was singing. "Oh no...rock star twerp must be casting a spell!"

"Why didn't dey TELL me rock star twoipe knew magic?" Meowth gasped, his imagination running wild with Brock conjuring fire, ice, thunder, leaves, and various other elemental attacks from his guitar.

Just then, the Clefairies and Cleffas arrived, spurred on by Brock's voice. [He wants a little magic, does he? Let's all use Metronome to blast these bad humans away!]

{YEAH!!!!] the Clefairies and Cleffas cheered before waving their fingers in time to Brock's guitar and voice. One Clefairy took the first shot by scratching Jessie, another made what looked like hundreds of copies of itself, and a third conjured a blast of glittering pink wind.

Ash smiled as he saw the explosions and crackles of attacks around him."It's working! Keep singing, Brock!"

The blasts of elemental attacks kept flying at Team Rocket, spurring them to run for the closest cave entrance they could find. By the time Brock finished his song, the various elemental attacks melded to create a massive explosion, sending Team Rocket flying. Various Moon Stone shards began raining in the large chamber seconds later, complete with a huge shard landing in its rightful place.

Seymour smiled as he watched some of the shards land on the Clefairies, making them evolve into Clefables with white glows. "You know...I've decided to change the focus of my research. I'm gonna stay here, and research Clefairy and Clefable culture for a while. Maybe that could be the key to going to space!"

"Well, whatever you discover, be sure and let us know!" Ash smiled as Tintri hopped aboard his shoulder...

---------

"Okay...if we follow this road for a day or two, we should reach Cerulean City." Misty explained as the group departed the mountain the next morning. "Maybe Seymour will get his chance to go to space one day..."

Ash, meanwhile, balked at a message on a road sign. "Gary was here, Ash is a loser? When I get my hands on you, Gary, I'll tear you limb from limb for that!" he vowed as he raced down the road...

Last edited:
@Greninjaman

Interlude: The Dragon Among Flowers

"You okay, Ash?" Brock wondered as the group made camp on the road to Cerulean that night. "That's the first time I've seen you that steamed..."

"I'm fine--wouldn't be the first time Gary insulted me like that." Ash replied before noticing Misty looking up at the twinkling stars. "I'm a little worried about Misty--she hasn't made a peep all evening...is there something in Cerulean she's not looking forward to facing?"

A thoughtful look formed on Misty's face. "Now that you mention it...I suppose I can tell you a little of my family history." she explained as she unearthed a photo album. "You guys may have heard of the Sensational Sisters of Cerulean City, who manage to juggle all manner of aquatic performance alongside an idol gig on land. But what you may not know is there was supposed to be a fourth sister in the act..."

The lightbulb went off in Ash's head. "...and that fourth sister is you?"

Misty nodded yes. "Don't get me wrong, I love my three sisters, but...their script writing needs serious work. Their shows are mainly all flash and no heart--and if it wasn't that, they'd argue over how best the story went like kids! The last straw was their inviting me to join their idol unit Waves. That, and I wish they would use the Gym for the purpose it was meant for--testing trainers against Water Pokemon, not their own private theater. If they want a theater so bad, there's always the Wave in town...or the Suiren if they wanted to incorporate water into an ancient play."

She opened the photo album to an old picture of a red haired girl before a piano, an indigo haired girl with an acoustic guitar, a blonde haired girl holding a concert flute, and a younger version of herself with a familiar fiddle. "But their picking on me goes way back...when we took music lessons together as kids, I wanted to play more than the weepy sonatas that our parents made us play. So every chance I could get, I tracked down whatever traditional tunes I could find, and played them when my sisters weren't looking. When Daisy confronted me about it, I said I wanted to play what I wanted to play, thanks. But this made me their preferred target even more--no matter what the role in their sappy romantic stories they wanted me to play, I was made to play it. Mind you, I like performing in a good play if the script is good enough...but as I said before, these scripts needed serious work. Plot holes everywhere, overly melodramatic plots, lines you practically needed a year to memorize for ONE role, the works."

"So, what made you decide to come to Pallet?" Ash wondered.

"I needed to get away from their constant begging me to join Waves." Misty sighed. "For all I know, they still have the costume they saved for me packed in a closet, waiting for when I finally come around. But memo to them--the Gym is not your private theater for cheesy water shows!"

"I wonder why they turned Cerulean Gym into their private theater.." Brock mused. "Granted, while I sometimes hosted storytelling concerts and the odd play in the caverns, I understood that first and foremost the Gym was a Gym."

"The thinnest skin ever." Misty deadpanned. "They were only beaten by two beginner trainers before deciding to turn the Gym into their private theater! If you're gonna be a Gym Leader, you need to know that you are actually supposed to be beaten--you want Joe or Jane Trainer to win your badge."

Her angry look softened. "Ash...if you really really want to add the Cascade Badge to your collection, I will personally battle you myself if my sisters won't."

"Okay...who would I be facing?" Ash was interested. "I know you have a Staryu named Astra..."

"You would also face my best Pokemon--Pearl the Starmie." Misty replied. "If I can't convince my sisters to battle you, all you have to do is beat Astra and Pearl, and a Cascade Badge is yours."

"Staryu sounds easy enough..." Ash mused. "How hard would Starmie be?"

"You would also have to watch out for Psychic attacks." Brock cautioned. "Both Staryu and Starmie also have Ice attacks--that's dangerous for Wings and Mina. The good news for you is, Pikachu has access to a variety of Dark moves--and even a Grass move. So if that trusty Thundershock needs some help, Bite is another good option, along with his Disarming Voice.

"Wait, Tintri knows Disarming Voice?" Misty was interested.

Brock nodded. "Believe it or not, Pikachu can learn Disarming Voice--some Pichus are born with that move.

"This I have to see!" Now Misty was excited. "If that move was enough to do major damage to an Onix, I have to know if it can hold up to a Starmie! So win or lose, I'm looking forward to seeing Disarming Voice!"

"You're on!" Ash smiled, glad Misty was back in a good mood...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom