• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Link: Battle/Battle Trozei Coming Mid-March on the 3DS eShop!

Fairy Ice Ricky

Move along, move along
Reaction score
[video=youtube;HifNwwr8NoQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HifNwwr8NoQ[/video]

The latest Nintendo Direct has just announced that the action-puzzle game Pokémon Link: Battle/Battle Trozei, a sequel to Pokémon Link!/Trozei!, will be released on the Nintendo 3DS eShop in March (12th in Japan, 13th in Europe, and 20th in North America). In addition to the mechanics from its predecessor, you can use a Support Pokémon that will help you battle and/or capture one or more Pokémon outside the Trozei section on the top screen. Your Support Pokémon's type will play a part in these battles, so if you're battling a Charizard, for example, it would be advantageous to have a Water-type Support Pokémon. The game includes all Pokémon currently available and sports a co-op mode with up to four players. (The Direct didn't mention if this is local-only co-op or if online co-op will also be available--it's most likely local-only co-op, though. It also didn't mention if Download Play would be enabled for this title, which would allow others to participate in this co-op mode even if they don't have a digital download of the game.) According to Serebii.net, there will be some StreetPass functionality in the game, and it will cost 762 yen in Japan (no price point yet for other regions).

I was obsessed with Pokémon Trozei when it came out for the DS, so I'm really excited to give this sequel a try! I also haven't played the original in a while, so this gives me an excuse to play it again to refresh my memory on all the mechanics of the game, hehehe. Probably not the most exciting Pokémon news for many, but I think as a spin-off it will do fairly well.

Anyway, let's discuss Pokémon Link: Battle/Battle Trozei here!

I never got the original Pokemon Trozei back in the day, since I could never really find it in stores by the time I had heard of it. Pokemon Battle Trozei sounds pretty interesting, and I will definitely make sure I have save enough money to get it off the eShop.

The battle portion for befriending Pokemon sure looks cool.

I wasn't too much of a fan of Pokemon Trozei. It was fun for awhile, but then the appeal wore off fairly quickly, similar to Pokemon Dash. Although, Pokemon Trozei at least had a storyline behind it, so that helped to make the appeal last longer than say Pokemon Dash. Even so, the trailer for Pokemon Battle Trozei looks pretty cool. I like the battle portion for befriending Pokemon too. That should help to make it more fun. I'll probably check it out when it's available.

Not a major fan of Pokemon Link. Everything was just so different and I can't appreciate it.
Though I find it interesting they're going for a similar release pattern to X/Y. Sure it's not all on the same day, but the release dates are all within a week's period. That's pretty impressive and something I hope they will continue with from now on. It would show that they've got their teams working together on translations at a much more efficient rate.

My hubby was the one who played Trozei around here and he enjoyed it. I've never really had the chance but I do love puzzle games, so I'll buy this. That and if we can befriend them all, there are a couple of Pokemon I must make mine. XD

for once, this is one of the Pokémon games that doesn't have those STINKING #@! mega evolution and I'M SOOOOO PROUD AND HAPPY ABOUT IT!!!!! =D

It has been a lot of fun to play this game. I'm glad I purchased it! Btw I select Chansey to help me out since its ability is really useful.

Too bad the fandom seems to give this game the cold shoulder. I bought it day 1 last week and highly enjoyed it so far. Very addicting, very cool concept and very challenging later on too.
It kinda reminds me of Tetris Attack for the SNES when comparing the stress-level I feel while playing Trozei xD

I bought and downloaded it, but I haven't really had the chance to play it yet. My hubby's a bit jealous of me, as he can do neither and he enjoys the spin-offs more than the main series games.

It looks like it'll be fun.

I bought this game today, and it is quite fun. I especially like that ditto is 'guarded' by the bagon line.

Pokémon Trozei Battle (Link Battle) completion help

Have any of y'all beaten the game yet?

I can't figure out how to get Jolteon in Colossal Forest 06. Serebii says "Capture Vaporeon flawlessly with an Electric-type Pokémon" and before you do that you have to "Capture Eevee flawlesssly with a Water-type Pokémon."

I don't see how I can do that when I can only have need to bring a water type Pokémon to trigger Vaporeon.

Re: Pokémon Trozei Battle (Link Battle) completion help

Have any of y'all beaten the game yet?

I can't figure out how to get Jolteon in Colossal Forest 06. Serebii says "Capture Vaporeon flawlessly with an Electric-type Pokémon" and before you do that you have to "Capture Eevee flawlesssly with a Water-type Pokémon."

I don't see how I can do that when I can only have need to bring a water type Pokémon to trigger Vaporeon.

The number of Support Pokémon you can take with you increases at certain points when you unlock new zones (up to at least three after beating Zone 10). If you only have one Support Pokémon slot, you'll need to come back to that Stage later.

I got the game. It dosen't suck that much. There might be no plot unlike the first game, but it is a good revamp of the series, allowing you to match pokemon to capture the enemy, rather than just a basic puzzle game. I bet you guys 10 Chespins that no-one will remember the plot of Pokemon Trozei without the use of the Internet.

I got the game. It dosen't suck that much. There might be no plot unlike the first game, but it is a good revamp of the series, allowing you to match pokemon to capture the enemy, rather than just a basic puzzle game. I bet you guys 10 Chespins that no-one will remember the plot of Pokemon Trozei without the use of the Internet.
The phobos battalion steals a lot of pokeballs with pokemon in them, and you need to go to sneak into the storage places, and use the trozei device to send the pokemon back to the lab.(didn't use the internet which is why it isn't very detailed)

Well, it seems that sky-forme shaymin OHKOs you :banghead:

Last edited:
Bought this the other day with some leftover money I had on the eshop. It's pretty cool actually and really quite fun. It's taking me a while to get the hang of it (I know it's simple but there's still a small learning curve :p) and I'm currently around Zone 6.

I bought Battle Trozei the day after it came out, and I've been playing it on-and-off since then.

The game isn't as much of a "quick-pick-up-and-play" game as I thought it would be. Which is good because I feel like my USD$8 wasn't a waste since I can spend a decent 7-10 mins in one zone area depending on how well I do. But it's bad when I only have five minutes to spare and, taking loading the game and picking a zone into account, I have to quit a zone area mid-game because it's taking longer than I would like. I guess I'll still have to keep my smartphone games for those smaller periods of time.

My two main disappointments with the game:

1) This game isn't as accessible as I thought it would be, especially in regards to type dis/advantages. You definitely need to have some prior knowledge of Pokémon in order to really understand it, and even then it takes some experimenting with because Pokémon only have one type in this game. (Teaching yourself that Lucario is just a Fighting type in Battle Trozei when you spent all that time trying to remember it was part Steel in DPP just seems weird.) They should've added a small option in the Pokédex to look up & search type dis/advantages, instead of telling me after my Trozei battle with Serperior what its weaknesses are.

2) Some of the unlocking requirements for certain Pokémon are just ridiculous, plain and simple. And I don't think you get any hints at all in the game on how to capture the hidden Pokémon, which would've been helpful.

But otherwise, I'm enjoying Battle Trozei, it's good stuff.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom