• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Live... script?

That Mastermind Special is what came to mind when I was reading this. This damn thing was horrible. And to think my friends back in the TCG League days where excited to see this. I bet it confused a whole lot of little kids.

What was so bad about the Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon Special?

It felt forced, everything felt forced. Aswell as the reasoning behind it. Why invite Ash? Heck, why invite Misty?

The story was just put together for the sake of having all the characters there. Not to give us a good story with them. In other words, something along the lines of most fanfiction.

But this is deviating from the topic, wich is the Live Special. I was just commenting on how reading the script reminded me of the Mirage Pokemon Special.

It felt forced, everything felt forced. Aswell as the reasoning behind it. Why invite Ash? Heck, why invite Misty?

The story was just put together for the sake of having all the characters there. Not to give us a good story with them. In other words, something along the lines of most fanfiction.

But this is deviating from the topic, wich is the Live Special. I was just commenting on how reading the script reminded me of the Mirage Pokemon Special.

I don't see what so bad about that. The movies do it all the time make of some "contest" or "Event" to visit a town. I thought it was pretty awesome and intense I loved it. I just think you guys are over analyzing it.

To each his own. If you liked it, that's cool. But the movies are to promote Legendaries and a game event. This one was supposed to be for the fans, not to promote something. But I'ma leave it here, I don't want this to turn into something it shouldn't be.

To each his own. If you liked it, that's cool. But the movies are to promote Legendaries and a game event. This one was supposed to be for the fans, not to promote something. But I'ma leave it here, I don't want this to turn into something it shouldn't be.

To each his own your right. But I think it was meant for the target audience of the game fans males 6-17 yearsold :p not really hardcore fan ya know?

To each his own your right. But I think it was meant for the target audience of the game fans males 6-17 yearsold :p not really hardcore fan ya know?

Lol, I was in that age range when it premiered. Though I'm a girl. And it bugged me then as much as it does now.

But the inclusion of Misty, a fan favourite of most of those who where almost/are out of the demographic, and reffering to movies that the then current demographic weren't as up to date on as the AG movies does raise a couple of questions.

I just feel like, this and Pokemon Live are examples of things that shouldn't be done because it raises un needed questions and ideas amongst the fans, past and future.

Takeshi Shudo's novels are more understandable. They where written by one of the main guys behind the show back then, and it was when the franchise was growing it's legs. The other two came out when the franchise was established, as well as the fandom.

Lol, I was in that age range when it premiered. Though I'm a girl. And it bugged me then as much as it does now.

But the inclusion of Misty, a fan favourite of most of those who where almost/are out of the demographic, and reffering to movies that the then current demographic weren't as up to date on as the AG movies does raise a couple of questions.

I just feel like, this and Pokemon Live are examples of things that shouldn't be done because it raises un needed questions and ideas amongst the fans, past and future.

Takeshi Shudo's novels are more understandable. They where written by one of the main guys behind the show back then, and it was when the franchise was growing it's legs. The other two came out when the franchise was established, as well as the fandom.

Yeah but again that special was made for that audience who don't look at the show inside out and look for clues and know a lot about the characters and there quirks and stuff. That means none-Bulbagarden Forum members just typically everyday people.

I agree.I cant see what was so forced or bad about it either.I thought storyline was decent,i enjoyed in character interactions(like with May and Misty streghtening their friendshp even more when she saved her)and battles werent too shabby either.

I will agree how story was not very deep but given how this is kids show we are talking about im not sure what people exactly expect?
Some may find excuse which gathered group together being bad but tbh reason didnt felt anymore forced than random excuses when main characters from past makes cameo appearance.Like it happened with May with Wallace Cup being conveniently made solely to give character reason to stray away from his journey in Johto to go all the way to Sinnoh,or when Gary popped out of nowhere at end of Battle Frontier despite being ignored for years.

Older characters were probably brought up to give something to older fans being aware of their existence and since it was 10th anniversarry special it only made sense to gather all main characters in one place.

Speaking of argument how target audience may be "confused" i cant see where is exactly problem in bringing back characters from past from who they may not beard of?Writers bring back older characters all the time,like Gary,Jasmine,Jessibelle,May etc with small kids despite not knowing them with explanation in their debut episodes who they are through few lines clearing up any possible missunderstanding.
And those who want to find out more about previous characters always have older seasons to watch if they want.

Speaking of which several TV stations like Boomerang,Cartoon Network,Pokemon Smash etc are or were airing older seasons so its not like small kids are completely clueless about them,and there are also DVDs,older relatives from who they may heard about it and of course internet.

Talking about peoples annoyance by 4kids adding couple of hints to pokeshipping,it seems some still dont understand how whole thing was actually started by writers with original version having good chunk of references to possible romance too.

I think the one thing that made Mastermind crap to me was a throwaway line about how everyone should remember Mewtwo ... when only three people technically should, and they would never admit it.

I can see Giovanni trying to make a more "obedient" Mewtwo, by using his technology. I can see the real Mewtwo showing up to take care of that. Having someone who wasn't explained as being at any time related to his story should NOT have happened. And that's, as I recall, what Mastermind did. Though, it still proves Giovanni is smarter. Yeah, Giovanni's trying to cheat the system too, but at least his robot can go do things while the holograms are pretty much stuck to one area.

I can't see any reason why a special would feature a virtual reality Mewtwo and Misty out of the blue. Considering that special was Misty's last appearance in the anime to date, I'm really guessing that if it weren't for either 4kids/PUSA, Misty likely would not have re-appeared since AG134.

Want another reason? That special was also used as a testing ground for the new voices. Why did they need to test a new voice for Misty, when the Japanese writers likely knew at the time that she wasn't ever going to re-appear again over the next 4-5 years...or onward? Misty never appears in an episode of Pokemon ever again since, so essentially they tested a new Misty voice for no real reason.

Just a reminder: don't stray far from the original topic; This is about the musical script...remember?

I can't see any reason why a special would feature a virtual reality Mewtwo and Misty out of the blue. Considering that special was Misty's last appearance in the anime to date, I'm really guessing that if it weren't for either 4kids/PUSA, Misty likely would not have re-appeared since AG134.

Want another reason? That special was also used as a testing ground for the new voices. Why did they need to test a new voice for Misty, when the Japanese writers likely knew at the time that she wasn't ever going to re-appear again over the next 4-5 years...or onward? Misty never appears in an episode of Pokemon ever again since, so essentially they tested a new Misty voice for no real reason.

Testing Ground? THAT'S CRAZY AS FUCK! 4kids didn't spend Big Bucks just to test voices for character.

@pokemon fan 132 I know right? I don't get what's so bad about it?

@CP My bad Ms.Mod.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom