• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Magnets; Odd Guidebooks; Questions and being an Avid collector.

Reaction score
Since I have disposable income now; I've become really interested in collecting old/weird pokemon collectibles but it's hard to find records for some of them.
I recently came across a "Master Magnet Collector Case". It was used (obviously).

It was made by a company called Polar Magnetics in Canada.

The one I got came with magnets for:

Pikachu
Ash Ketchum
2 Pokeballs
Charmander
Charmeleon
Charizard
Bulbasaur
Squirtle
Pidgeotto
Primeape
Krabby
Staryu
Starmie
Horsea
Goldeen
Poliwhirl
Caterpie
Metapod
Geodude
Rapidash
Gengar
Raichu
Golbat
Snorlax

From what I can tell; the magnets were sold separately from the case. Problem is; I can't seem to find a list of all the magnets that were made. I've seen Slowbro, Abra, Ditto, and Sandshrew, Ivysaur, Wartortle, Chansey, Venusaur, Clefairy, Nidoqueen and Dragonite as well. Did they just make one of every Gen 1 pokemon? That would be crazy. If anyone knows, that would be awesome.

I'm also curious about old guidebooks. I've bought up a lot recently, but I happened across a "mini" prima guide for Ruby and Sapphire. It's the full guide, but it's the size of my hand. It makes it a lot easier to hold and carry around. I love it. I was curious if Prima made other guides in this size as well, but I haven't had any success trying to look it up.

Does anyone have tips on how to research/find old merch and books? I have a ton of really incomplete collections and I like owning unusual collectibles. I never knew the magnets existed until a few days ago and I'm curious about what other stuff there is that I don't know about. I also have some marbles, but only like 6 or so. Is there a site the keeps track of and has pictures of all this stuff?

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom