• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Manga Dissapointment thread

nobody compared Pokémon Adventures (or any of the other manga) to the anime so i dont even know where you're getting this from. oh, yeah, you hate the anime. we fucking get it, this isn't the place to bitch about it.

ANYWAYS BACK ON TOPIC

1)Emerald looks like a freaking circus clown!
LOL i agree XD

anyways, my manga disappointments? uh... i was disappointed that Mato left Adventures, though i know that was because of her disease so it's not really anybody's fault. i'm disappointed that more Pokémon manga aren't translated, especially in North America. idk what else?

nobody compared Pokémon Adventures (or any of the other manga) to the anime so i dont even know where you're getting this from. oh, yeah, you hate the anime. we fucking get it, this isn't the place to bitch about it.

I meant that since I mentioned "adaptations," and the show is definitely one of said adaptations, I'd just be covering it first; note that I neither mentioned nor alluded that you brought it up, either. I just happened to cover it first, since it's got the most glaring flaws out of anything that directly adapts the games.
Uh...

ANYWAYS BACK ON TOPIC
Been tryin' to do that since I last saw Somari post, man.

LOL i agree XD

anyways, my manga disappointments? uh... i was disappointed that Mato left Adventures, though i know that was because of her disease so it's not really anybody's fault. i'm disappointed that more Pokémon manga aren't translated, especially in North America. idk what else?
1) Yes, yes he is. But add an assload of crappy battles, worst opponents and antagonists ever (Inuyasha and the Naruto movies look more appealing than this), and his general attitude of pure annoyance right down to the bone (not to mention all the gimmicky "tools" he's got), and you get one huge pile of suck.

2) Over here, the only manga to be translated besides Special was Pocket monsters, which got nerf'd down to a publishing halt, and the damn screenshots-on-paper comics (all of which cost twice the actual manga series do, by the way) are the only things we ever got since. All this when we're already caught up with Special (volume-wise), and Japan's basically right next door haha.

1)Emerald looks like a freaking circus clown! He's a midgit!

People are short in real life and may take offense to this sentence.

Now I do wish that the majority of Pokemon would be continuous instead of ending after one generation of Pokemon games are over with.

Last edited:
Everybody be hatin' on Emerald....

Everyone here knows I don't hate Rald, but gosh do I dislike the Emerald arc. It was so bad in comparison to all the other arcs...

Except for HGSS. HGSS may win the Fail Arc crown :-/

Cheren and Bel's Pokédexes didn't survive a puddle when Pokédexes have survived far worse (getting dropped in a lake, lava).

Cheren and Bel's Pokédexes didn't survive a puddle when Pokédexes have survived far worse (getting dropped in a lake, lava).

Lol, exactly what I said on another thread. :D

Oak must've gone senile (pretty badly, too) if he thinks making the Unova dexes as fragile as they apparently are is a good idea haha.

[/inuniverseexplanation]

Lol, exactly what I said on another thread. :D

Oak must've gone senile (pretty badly, too) if he thinks making the Unova dexes as fragile as they apparently are is a good idea haha.

[/inuniverseexplanation]

Oak? well actually we don't know who made them....

Did he make the sinnoh ones? (I'm not too sure..but I don't think he did)

If it wasn't him then it could've either been Ms Frizzle or her dad...

Well, the Sinnoh dexes I believe were stated by Roseanne to have been a collaboration between Rowan and Oak, so could be the same case here. In any case, I really don't think Oak would leave the creation of his precious encyclopedias entirely to some random hick from who-knows-where. :p

Oh, I got a disappointment.

So, I'm wanting some EToP volumes for Christmas, right? So I go to Amazon, type in electric tale of pika- HOLY MCDOOGLY THAT'S EXPENSIVE!

They're out of print (and Viz expected you to cash in a good 12.95 even when they weren't). What do you expect?

In The Electric Tale of Pikachu I was expectin' a cool story for the first volume I got fuckin' badly drawn pokemon(Who the hell drew that Squirtle/Zenigame and Clefable?). Big goggly eyed pokemon at some scenes(Is that suppose to be cute?) that just looked creepy as fuck. A cheap ass Cerulean/Hanada Gym battle. Kasumi/Misty a 12-year-old being drawn like a flippin' 26-year-old. The only chapter I found good was the Sabrina chapter. I felt so disappointed.

They always gotta serve that extra dish of giant bewbitry (also known as a very "be-earlied" puberty). That and the author does hentai :D

I argee the author of Electric Tales of Pikachu as well as Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Adventure need to work on their art skill although they can draw a lot better than I can, which is why I don't specialize in drawing. I mean couldn't they get one person to write the story and the other person to do the drawing. I do like Phantom Thief! Pokemon 7 art though as well as the art of first and second Pokemon Rangers manga. I have read the third one yet if there is one that is.

Just to let you guys know

No insulting the art

Each artist has their own style and they can draw it however they like and talking about it like that is insulting...

You can note if it has improved or deteriorated but that that's it

The only things I'm disappointed with are the Yellow and Emerald arcs.

I dont know why but for me they are not as appealing as some of the other arcs like the RS arc which I really enjoyed.

Just my opinion.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom