• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Manga Dissapointment thread

You can't really do much about that, though. The anime'd gotten popular even overseas long before Special reached that amount (due to Viz not translating until 2000 and all), and since it's still running (much to the dismay of many), it'd be kind of weird to have two shows based on the same games airing at the same time.

I share your sentiments, but there's not much we can do but hope Ass's show gets bombed along with TV Tokyo-.

Or maybe there could be some special where their universes collide and everyone has to work together to stop the evil force at work.

Dude, that's like that shitty Jimmy Neutron special Nickelodeon tried to pass off as something tolerable. >_>

And I think we have much more than enough of the show's minor "influences" from the FRLG arc with all that Mewtwo and Deoxys shit V_v

Dude, that's like that shitty Jimmy Neutron special Nickelodeon tried to pass off as something tolerable. >_>

And I think we have much more than enough of the show's minor "influences" from the FRLG arc with all that Mewtwo and Deoxys shit V_v

Good point. >_> Maybe someone should make their own fan-made anime for the manga! Who knows. Maybe it could turn out like Red vs Blue.

Fanime's suck and will never be as good as a real one

I'd like an anime too and I hope one will happen (fat chance)

but until then, just gotta deal with it...

True indeed. Just out of speculation who do you think would voice the main cast?

Guys, don't get off-topic now. This thread is for disappointment in the manga not about an anime adaption.

Good point. Actually, there was one thing that always bugged me about the manga. Why did they have to make Oak a jerk during the fight with Green?

He was harsher when he thought Red was a thief, lol.

Yeah, I mean, if this was his way of teaching Green a lesson, then I'd hate to imagine what he'd do if someone hurt Oak in some way.

RIP, whoever bothers Oak.

Well, the bitch had stolen Red's badges and gave him fake ones, and after she was done doing her shady deal with him, she tricked him into putting in all his badges in the amplifier and ran off with it. She also stole his money selling fake items (read: this clearly wasn't the first, nor the last time) and constantly used her loli charm to get what she wants.

On top of that, she stole Oak's Squirtle, and whilst not really a crime, ran off with the Rockets' disk on Mew, etc. etc.

So yeah, I think she had it comin'. Just me, though.

Well, I didn't think it was that harsh. I mean, it was more of a revenge prank than anything.

That's how I felt, anyway.

Plus, he did give her the last Pokedex and everything. That's probably just as big a forgiving gesture as any, methinks.

He sure did bark a lot at Yellow when she first barged into his lab, though. He had his reasons with that one, however.

Wonder how he can put up with Silver, who went and snatched one of his Pokedexes and then stole a Totodile, injuring Elm in the process.

Wonder how he can put up with Silver, who went and snatched one of his Pokedexes and then stole a Totodile, injuring Elm in the process.

That probably has to do with how tirelessly Silver worked to take down Team Rocket Neo.

True, but then he saw Gold try to rescue a Rattata and wasn't that impressed. He also said something like, "You shouldn't steal no matter what the reason" or some shit to Blue, too. It isn't entirely out of character that he forgives Silver, but we still could've used a chapter or so where the two meet and sort shit out.

True, but then he saw Gold try to rescue a Rattata and wasn't that impressed. He also said something like, "You shouldn't steal no matter what the reason" or some shit to Blue, too. It isn't entirely out of character that he forgives Silver, but we still could've used a chapter or so where the two meet and sort shit out.

Yeah, but you gotta remember, some pretty important plot points were only given a panel or two.

Which brings me to my next disappointment. Mewtwo leaving Blaine gets one panel. One.

Well, then we get Mewtwo coming back in FRLG and saying he developed his telepathy shit from his past experiences with Blaine and whatnot.

Though, that line about how Blaine calls him "brother" wasn't that bad (whilst lacking; even Suicune leaving Misty to join up with Crys got more "coverage").

Well, then we get Mewtwo coming back in FRLG and saying he developed his telepathy shit from his past experiences with Blaine and whatnot.

Though, that line about how Blaine calls him "brother" wasn't that bad (whilst lacking; even Suicune leaving Misty to join up with Crys got more "coverage").

I realize, but it should've been given more importance, since Mewtwo would end up so important in FRLG.

Yeah, Mewtwo could've gotten a monologue as well, even if he himself wasn't that pertinent to the GSC arc.

Well, the bitch had stolen Red's badges and gave him fake ones, and after she was done doing her shady deal with him, she tricked him into putting in all his badges in the amplifier and ran off with it. She also stole his money selling fake items (read: this clearly wasn't the first, nor the last time) and constantly used her loli charm to get what she wants.

On top of that, she stole Oak's Squirtle, and whilst not really a crime, ran off with the Rockets' disk on Mew, etc. etc.

So yeah, I think she had it comin'. Just me, though.

Finally someone who shares the same sentiments as me about Blue. I can't stand her and I really do think shes a bitch.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom