• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Manga Dissapointment thread

My current problem is with the author. I want to see the other dexholders again.

Well we have the HGSS Chapter and it could have a diff ending with the other dex holders appearing too (possible, but doubtful)

and it's possible that they may appear in the Platinum Chapter(not gonna happen)

I couldn't stand the way Oak/Orchird bitched at Yellow when he came in n the way Erika was jerkish n tried to take control of the situation takin' Pika from Yellow.

The GS arc of Pokespe was disappointing in some ways, but overall it's my second favorite.

Where were the gym battles? Why is Gold a breeder? I expected him to be something more.. Hardcore or battle related. The HGSS arc seems to be a little better.. But not as cool.

The third generation itself was disappointing for various reasons. It's my least favorite gen from Pokespe, but it's one of my favorite generations for other manga and the games so you know something went wrong..

I also have a problem, in general for Pokespe but mostly Kanto-Johto, about the coloring. Since it's in black-and-white, it's hard to tell if someone is dirty or if they're bleeding. Most manga have an easy way to distinguish them, but Pokespe doesn't.

With my favorite manga, Golden Boys, all I have a problem with is the fact it ended so early. It seemed like it was canceled, since it had so many references to Kanto and such.

Last edited:
Whatever the manga, I'm disappointed whenever there's an action scene.

No, I'm not kidding. I don't like action scenes.

Actually it seems to be a combination of blood and scratches..or so they say

I'm still trying to figure out what that stuff draining from Cyrus's eyes in the latest volume is. It can't be blood because well, bleeding from the eyes would be a bit too extreme even for this comic, but what else could it be? The most likely bet is mascara, which is...an odd choice, to say the least, but would explain those weird lines under his eyes.

everybody seem to be complaining about the HGSS arc?

is it that BAD?
haven't seen the chapter though, or more accurate: didn't find any translated scanlations on the web DX

everybody seem to be complaining about the HGSS arc?

is it that BAD?
haven't seen the chapter though, or more accurate: didn't find any translated scanlations on the web DX

Don't let other people's opinions be your judgment

The thing is

The HGSS Chapter may be rushed but everyone seems to be forgeting the most important fact

It hasn't been collected in Tankoban format yet

meaning it's still incomplete and will continue to be so until the volumes come out

(and don't say that it's too rushed to be fixed, the volumes have about a year to be put into Tankobans and with you know who back in the Diamond and Pearl Chapter I can guarantee it'll be fixed)

Are you saying that they'll actually change or add things?

Not that it makes much difference to me...

Yes, they always do that

For example the Emerald Chapter never had a conclusion for the Magazines (it ended when the Dex holders were being revived) but was given one for Volume 29

The Diamond and Pearl chapter ended with the three Dex Holder's doing a fist bump after Cyrus's defeat (And Sird didn't appear at all) with a message stating that more will be added in the Volume release

The Platinum chapter ended with Platinum and Palmer riding on his Cresellia to the Distortion World, no conclusion or anything (that's for the Tankoban)

So the chances of addititions is high

Huh. Guess they have to add something to the trade paperbacks to make them worthwhile.

I'm still trying to figure out what that stuff draining from Cyrus's eyes in the latest volume is. It can't be blood because well, bleeding from the eyes would be a bit too extreme even for this comic, but what else could it be? The most likely bet is mascara, which is...an odd choice, to say the least, but would explain those weird lines under his eyes.

Could you post a pic of it?

Could you post a pic of it?

Here's one

cyruscrying.jpg

Totally mascara...

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom